Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jace, Basilissa

NFL 2018 Week 1: From Wentz You Came

And in an instant, as if they had some unseen collective hive mind, every Browns fan that has ever lived rolled their eyes in unison.  

15 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Niners @ Norse Traders

the good: a few of our players did not get injured.

the bad: everything else. 

Buckner had a good game.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Buckner had a good game.

That man was terrifying.

I was actually shocked it was just a one score game. It felt like we thoroughly out played you guys, and yet at the same time your offense blew a few really good chances to score.

I wouldn't be too worried about Jimmy coming back to earth though. Your offensive line game him no time at all. 

Shitty game yesterday. A tie is as bad as a loss against the Browns as far as I'm concerned. Ben has so many awful moments. First two pics were horrendous, and then throws a great pass to AB for the TD. Seemed like we were content in the 4th when we were up 21-7, then paid for it dearly. Boswell gets paid big bucks in the offseason, and with the game on the line, misses the FG. Don't care how bad the weather was - 42 yards is doable. Defense looked OK at times, particularly the D-line and TJ Watt. 

Tough matchups ahead so hopefully yesterday was an anomaly.

39 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

And in an instant, as if they had some unseen collective hive mind, every Browns fan that has ever lived rolled their eyes in unison.  

I don't know.  I look at the Bills right now and think, "Hey, it could be worse."

The Browns just tied a Pittsburgh team that is probably going to be good, and they did it despite awful coaching.  The Bills just got blown the fuck out by a Baltimore team that might very well be terrible.  The Browns at least have some hope for next season when they fire Hue and potentially bring in someone competent.  What hope do the Bills have with that roster and Josh Allen, who can't hit the ocean from a boat?

18 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I was actually shocked it was just a one score game. It felt like we thoroughly out played you guys, and yet at the same time your offense blew a few really good chances to score.

Yeah right before that third pick I turned to my brother and said it's a small miracle they still have a chance considering how bad they played.  All in all feel like things coulda been much worse (including injuries - looks like Goodwin's isn't serious).

52 minutes ago, briantw said:

I don't know.  I look at the Bills right now and think, "Hey, it could be worse."

The Browns just tied a Pittsburgh team that is probably going to be good, and they did it despite awful coaching.  The Bills just got blown the fuck out by a Baltimore team that might very well be terrible.  The Browns at least have some hope for next season when they fire Hue and potentially bring in someone competent.  What hope do the Bills have with that roster and Josh Allen, who can't hit the ocean from a boat?

Oh if you're talking about right now than sure, I totally agree. If I'm a Browns fan, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, the Bills are the worst team in football, they don't have an NFL level QB on their roster and Bills fans are likely going to see Rosen looking good in a few weeks while Allen covers himself in shame. I was just talking bit picture, over the course of the last 30 years or so, though I guess if you just want to count recent history that gap has closed a bit.

54 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah right before that third pick I turned to my brother and said it's a small miracle they still have a chance considering how bad they played.  All in all feel like things coulda been much worse (including injuries - looks like Goodwin's isn't serious).

I'm not sure they were even that bad. I didn't expect them to be as competitive as it was. Your defense looked pretty solid, Jimmy looked fine in moments and your skill position players are better than I expected. The problem was your line. It felt like two of our guys got through on half the passing plays. We could of had several more sacks, but Jimmy is a lot more mobile than I thought. Perhaps you guys will be a legit contender in a few years after you can acquire more pieces. 

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Not the best start for Darnold.

Lolz, why do I have to be at work...

Some things never change for the the Jets. I've been inured to it for a long time.

He has looked relatively good since the pick-6 though; at least on the Jets QB scale.

1 minute ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I don't even know what a catch is anymore.

Refs don't seem to be entirely sure either.

I can't believe that last Lions pass in the end zone wasn't reviewed, looked like a int to me.

On the Darnold TD pass, that defender was way to slow to cover him. Replay showed no one else anywhere in the area for the defender to worry about and yet the defender waits until after the ball is airborne to move to the receiver. Still an amazing catch as it should have been picked off.

As a Browns fan, it's weird seeing national media highlights that feature the Browns coming out on top.

So apparently what we learn tonight is that Darnold is unreal since he's playing great after starting with a pick six as the youngest starting QB ever on the road.  

Now that this game is over, anyone want to make some last-minute predictions about the Raiders but Gruden more specifically?  Is he going to be an above-average coach after all of this time away?  

I think he's going to miss Mack tonight, and Goff is going to love having Cooks to throw to now.  

ETA:  Wow, fire Patricia after one game and Jim Bob no longer a head coaching prospect.  I'm not entirely serious but this is one embarrassing home opener.