NFL 2018 Week 1: From Wentz You Came

Jace, Extat

Wow, huge win for Kaepernick, passing motion for summary judgment. The best part is, normally at this point the league would just cut an enormous check, but obviously Kaepernick isn't interested in that. He's looking for discovery and to burn this thing down. Should be fun, and could be the end of Goodell plus some owners.

Also, the arbitrator who ruled in the case was my civil procedure professor in law school at Penn.

20 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wow, huge win for Kaepernick, passing motion for summary judgment. The best part is, normally at this point the league would just cut an enormous check, but obviously Kaepernick isn't interested in that. He's looking for discovery and to burn this thing down. Should be fun, and could be the end of Goodell plus some owners.

Also, the arbitrator who ruled in the case was my civil procedure professor in law school at Penn.

I’ve always maintained that Kaep ha a 50/50 chance at winning his case, and that was before I learned how low the bar is to prove that there was a colluded effort to blackball him.

Also Penn St. or UofPenn?

8 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I’ve always maintained that Kaep ha a 50/50 chance at winning his case, and that was before I learned how low the bar is to prove that there was a colluded effort to blackball him.

Also Penn St. or UofPenn?

U of Penn.

7 minutes ago, sperry said:

U of Penn.

Nice. What made you back to OK? Penn is a top 10 school and I assumed most people who go there find their way to a fancy NYC firm.

I’m such an idiot for letting my LSAT score lapse…..

5 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Nice. What made you back to OK? Penn is a top 10 school and I assumed most people who go there find their way to a fancy NYC firm.

I’m such an idiot for letting my LSAT score lapse…..

I don't live in Oklahoma, I live in Dallas. I am from there though and did my undergrad at the University of Oklahoma.

6 minutes ago, sperry said:

I don't live in Oklahoma, I live in Dallas. I am from there though and did my undergrad in OK.

My sympathies to you then.

:P

Jokes aside, if you wanted to stay in the South, why not save some money and get a better scholarship and go to Austin or Vanderbilt? Both are still in the top 20. I thought though whole point of going to an Ivy is so you can stay in the beltway afterwards. 

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

My sympathies to you then.

:P

Jokes aside, if you wanted to stay in the South, why not save some money and get a better scholarship and go to Austin or Vanderbilt? Both are still in the top 20. I thought though whole point of going to an Ivy is so you can stay in the beltway afterwards. 

An Ivy is still an Ivy. Several of my classmates and I are management consultants in Dallas.

2 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

How terrible was it being surrounded by so many Eagles fans? lol

Lol, I didn't even really watch the NFL while I was in school. The only 3 super bowls I didn't watch from the age of probably 6: Saints-Steelers, Packers-Colts, NYG-Pats pt. 2.

10 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Great title.

Mariota was...fine last year? He's a decent QB. I don't think he'll ever be great, but he may be okay with signs of goodness. He wasn't the problem at Tennessee. 

I’m not saying it’s all his fault (a la @sperry‘s comment up thread), but Mariota absolutely was not good or even fine last year. He averaged a passer rating of 79.3 and threw more interceptions than TDs (15 to a putrid 13), all under the protection of a supposedly superior o-line. I know that unit underperformed last season, but many other QBs (Watson, Wilson, Keenum, to name a few) did a lot more with way less protection. And Mariota is supposed to be a mobile QB, too, which should in theory mitigate some o-line issues.

Like I said, it’s  not all his fault; he was injured most of the year, the playbook was atrocious, and he wasn’t surrounded by a plethora of offensive talent (all of which SHOULD be improved this year), but there is no way to really parse his production last year as anything other than “terrible.”

6 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I’m not saying it’s all his fault (a la @sperry‘s comment up thread), but Mariota absolutely was not good or even fine last year. He averaged a passer rating of 79.3 and threw more interceptions than TDs (15 to a putrid 13), all under the protection of a supposedly superior o-line. I know that unit underperformed last season, but many other QBs (Watson, Wilson, Keenum, to name a few) did a lot more with way less protection. And Mariota is supposed to be a mobile QB, too, which should in theory mitigate some o-line issues.

Like I said, it’s  not all his fault; he was injured most of the year, the playbook was atrocious, and he wasn’t surrounded by a plethora of offensive talent (all of which SHOULD be improved this year), but there is no way to really parse his production last year as anything other than “terrible.”

It's funny that there's a moderately heated debate around Mariota being 'Meh' or 'Eehh'

8 hours ago, sperry said:

Lol, I didn't even really watch the NFL while I was in school. The only 3 super bowls I didn't watch from the age of probably 6: Saints-Steelers, Packers-Colts, NYG-Pats pt. 2.

Yeah I went to Rowan, across the river in Jersey, during the McNabb years, ugh, those were rough.  That Philly/South Jersey accent, like nails on the chalkboard lol.......love walking Philly tho, I'll actually be right by UPenn next week

Khalil Mack to the Bears is looking likely. Two first round draft picks seems to be the asking price. Guess Gruden wants to try and rebuild opposed to paying a former DPOY who's only 27. Roquan Smith and Mack sounds pretty juicy for Chicago.

Archived