What's going to fill the largest part in TWOW?

What plot is going to be the longer in the next book? Will it be the most important too? For example the most important plot in AGOT is King'Landing plot, in ACOK is Stannis's plot, in ASOS is Robb's plot, in AFFC there isn't a most inmportant plot and in ADWD is Essos's plot. In TwOW there are going to be several plot and POVs, but is there going to be one that will get more place in the book or the plots are going to be all important in the same manner as in AFFC?

Daenerys, Cersei, Melisandre and Sansa need to probably have the most chapters out of everyone.

Daenerys has a ton of stuff to do:

• toughen up
  • grow up
  • parlay with the Dothraki khalasar that has swarmed her
  • go to Vaes Dothrak
  • take over the Dosh Khaleen
  • deal with the inevitable opposition within the Dothraki
  • grow up
  • unite the Dothraki khalasars into one super-khalasar under her
  • return to Meereen possibly to f-- s--- up
  • toughen up
  • meet Tyrion, Victarion, Moqorro and Marwyn
  • find out about Quentyn and see about Barristan
  • go back to Qarth to f-- sh-- up
  • go to Volantis to meet the Widow, free some slaves, meet Benerro maybe and f--- sh-- up
  • grow up
  • get control of her dragons
  • maybe continue f--ing s-- up in all the other Free Cities (remember: Quentyn's mother is in Norvos) except Braavos
  • maybe strike an alliance with Braavos and the Sealord
  • find out about Aegon
  • reunite with Illyrio, hopefully uncovering some unsolved mysteries before killing him
  • figure out who has been supporting the Harpys
  • marry Victarion
  • get enough ships, food, and weapons to support her massive invasion of Westeros

Oh, and did I mention grow up? Toughening up seems like it would also do her some good too.

Melisandre is at the Wall and things are going to go from bad to worse to hellish. Plus, she needs to help Jon get his act together and I don't think Jon is going to have any more POV chapters.

Cersei is in King's Landing and right in the thick of almost every thing happening in the south.

Sansa also has a long way to go before she can get back to Winterfell with a husband and an army at her back. Plus, the Vale is getting snowed in and the mountain clans are getting wilder so that makes things...even more difficult.

I might just be completely making this up, but I'm sure at some point I saw GRRM make a comment that Daenerys and Tyrion are going to be the biggest characters in TWoW. I don't know if he meant they will have the most chapters, or that their storylines will have the biggest role in the book. 

I'm guessing there will be two main stories.  

The first is Daenerys and Tyrion sortingthings out with the Dothraki and Meereen, and then heading for Westeros.  Dany has to arrive before the end of TWOW if she is going to have much of an impact on the story.

The second is the North and the Others.  If it's going to matter, the Others' invasion is going to have to happen quickly.  This story would affect the entire North, plus draw in Sansa and Arya to help their brother and homeland.  Others in the south might help as well.

The South story will be a distant third, in my estimation.  I think most of the action there has already happened, and much of its TWOW story will be in response to the other two stories.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Nevets said:

I'm guessing there will be two main stories.  

The first is Daenerys and Tyrion sortingthings out with the Dothraki and Meereen, and then heading for Westeros.  Dany has to arrive before the end of TWOW if she is going to have much of an impact on the story.

The second is the North and the Others.  If it's going to matter, the Others' invasion is going to have to happen quickly.  This story would affect the entire North, plus draw in Sansa and Arya to help their brother and homeland.  Others in the south might help as well.

The South story will be a distant third, in my estimation.  I think most of the action there has already happened, and much of its TWOW story will be in response to the other two stories. 

I disagree with the red.

Daenerys' last chapter in The Winds of Winter can end with her reuniting with Illyrio in Pentos and she can show up in Westeros in her very first chapter in A Dream of Spring...and she will still have a huge impact on the story.

Basically, Aegon needs to get settled in at the Red Keep before Daenerys can show up.

The eastern arc (Daenerys and Meereen) definitely has to be the largest part. Daenerys has to reach the Dothraki, get a khalassar, return to Meereen, unite her army, organise them, pass some of the Free Cities and set sail for Westeros. Add there Tyrion, Victarion, Barristan, Moqorro, Marwyn and its enough.

Dany's pieces have a lot of movement left to do still. I think by the end of TWOW she is either going to be landing on the shores of Westeros or on her way. So her plot I assume will take up a ton.

Jon won't take up too much since he will spend most of the book dead or in Ghost. 

I think most of the book will be what's going on at the wall, either through Davos or Mel or whomever else up there. The winterfell battle and the falling out of that is going to take up a lot of the book and I think Stannis is going to be moving around the pieces up there for a long while.

Other than that, Young Griff has a lot of pieces to move around and I personally think will help lead to the downfall of Cersei in this book.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Other than that, Young Griff has a lot of pieces to move around and I personally think will help lead to the downfall of Cersei in this book.

Yeah there will be quite a bit of goings on between the Stormlands and the Crownlands following Aegon. Good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Danaerys can do a lot off-page though. Like, she can refuse too go too Westeros because she isn't ready yet, but is sending the fleet away with Victarion/Tyrion with the Unsullied and after she has reached her goals, can go too Braavos (Where we hear about her again via her POV), with the Dothraki Khalasar behind her and its here where she hears about (F)Aegon having taken the Throne and that Barristan/Victarion have defected too Aegon. 

Importance is a bit subjective with this many independent story lines and us having no idea where they're going.

In all the previous books the most significant amount of chapters always take place in either King's Landing or the Riverlands, except for ADWD, and even then he couldn't keep out a couple chapters. The next book will almost assuredly revolve around the South, with most of the storylines converging there.

The most recurring POV-character will probably be either Tyrion or Cersei but I could see Jaime, Daenerys, Arriane, or Jon (if he's alive) getting plenty of chapters.

• 2 months later...

I see it as a big 3 and a little 3.  Big 3 = Essos + North/Wall/Winterfell + KL/Young Griff. Little  3 are Sam/Oldtown,  Brienne/Jaime & Arya. Arya is a wildcard & could pop up anywhere. Assuming Sansa gets pulled north. 

1. Essos.

Dany. Tyrion. Barristan. Battle of Mereen. Victarion. Marwyn. Moqorro. A fleet from Volantis (slaves gonna fight FOR Dany, I would think). Euron's hand may reveal itself. The mystery of the Horn. Tyrion & a white dragon. Dany leading Dothraki. Dany growing up and sorting it out before she leaves for Westeros.

2. Winterfell/Wall/North/Others.

Got to be #2. Jon, Mel, Stannis, Asha, Theon, and Bran are certainly involved here. And most likely Sansa/Littlefinger at some point as well. Sansa needs to get control & help Winterfell. Perhaps Davos/Rickon as well. Wall gonna fall and a Stark needs to be at Winterfell. The end of the Boltons. 

3. KL/South.

Cersei, Tyrell's, Young Griff, Jon Con, Arrianne. Perhaps Jaime & Brienne get pulled in as well. I wonder if Brienne somehow gets put in Jaime's shoes somehow. A chance to ignobly remove a disasterous/imposter monarch (Cersei or Griff) or honorably serve insane/fake? Anyway, time for Cersei to go, somehow.

3 hours ago, YouKnowNothingJonSnow said:

3. KL/South.

Cersei, Tyrell's, Young Griff, Jon Con, Arrianne. Perhaps Jaime & Brienne get pulled in as well. I wonder if Brienne somehow gets put in Jaime's shoes somehow. A chance to ignobly remove a disasterous/imposter monarch (Cersei or Griff) or honorably serve insane/fake? Anyway, time for Cersei to go, somehow.

I have a hunch Jamie and Brienne are going to get separated pretty early on. I'm predicting Stoneheart and the Northern outlaws/freed prisoners will take Jamie North for his judgement, possibly to Greywater Watch. meanwhile Brienne runs into Edric Dayne and whatever's left of Dondorian's host and they'll want to go to the Reach and Stormlands to protect the smallfolk from Jon Connington's wars. I picturing Brienne joining them and being in a Wenda the White Fawn type role.

Archived