Heresy 213 Death aint what it used to be

Black Crow

Craster separates the gods from the white cold. This is not the only time that GRRM makes me doubt the relationship between the cold and the Others. Sam's investigation in the library and Archmaester Fomas' Lies of the Ancients are others.

Good news! Black Crow is doing fine! Here is his reply to my email:

Its good to hear from you and yes I'm fine.

My MacAfee took a sudden dislike to the site. Its done it before and I could have ignored it, but I thought what the Hell. I'm just taking a break though, not giving up on Westeros - or Heresy - entirely. Not after all these years. I'm aiming to come back around Christmas, fear not.

Thank you for thinking of me though and pass on my regards to the gang.

All the best and thanks for asking after me

6 minutes ago, Feather Crystal said:

My MacAfee took a sudden dislike to the site. Its done it before and I could have ignored it, but I thought what the Hell. I'm just taking a break though, not giving up on Westeros - or Heresy - entirely. Not after all these years. I'm aiming to come back around Christmas, fear not.

Phew!  Thanks Feather, that's a relief!

On 11/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, Tucu said:

This is what he says:

Wights and WWs are not a problem for him, the white cold is a problem but he trusted the gods.

He almost repeats his trust about receiving help with Winter just before he was killed:

Well, I am of a mind that the white walkers bring the white cold with them, which to me is different than the naturally occurring winter weather. It would be the inversion to dragon fire. Dragons bring the fire with them, because they do. Dragons exhale flames, so it's only logical that a white walker would "exhale" icy white cold.

As for getting right with the gods...when the Last Hero went in search of the Children, it is said that the Others were right on his heels...they smelled his hot blood. His horse and dog died and his sword broke. Why would his sword break unless he was using it against an icy cold foe much like Royce did against the white walkers? I'm thinking the Last Hero was killed by white walkers and then the "help" that the Children provided was to resurrect him to a state much like Coldhands. I even suspect that Coldhands and the Last Hero ARE the same person. Craster likely knows this old story about the Children helping the Last Hero, but doesn't know exactly what's all involved or what that help entails. He just believes that he will receive help.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, Tucu said:

As I see it if the wildlings had full access to the wiernet they would have known about Stannis and could also keep an eye on the Stark warg with the white direwolf with red eyes.

I think they were surprised because they are high level pieces in the game, but not the player.

Just because Val dresses all in white and is possibly a white ice magic priestess does not mean that she is on the same side as the old gods. If she is working on behalf of the old gods, would she then be in alliance with the Children? Right now I believe they are at cross purposes. I for one don't believe Bloodraven and the Children intended to bring back the white walkers to bring destruction down on the realm. I believe they want to stop it or at least manage it until a solution can be found. I think Val is a worker of ice magic and that her agenda is Mance's agenda, which was to find a way to get the wildlings on the south side of the Wall and free from prison.

Again, I think it's helpful to think about Melisandre, how she dresses, and whether or not she's on the side of the fire gods - is she truly a priestess of Rh'llor out to defeat He Who Shall Not be Named, or is she being tricked by a fire-seer, someone that is the equivalent inversion to Bloodraven, speaking to her through the flames, but sitting behind a glass candle?

5 hours ago, Feather Crystal said:

Good news! Thanks for finding out!

And thanks for starting the next heresy thread!

Archived