Who's Star is About to Burn Brighter?

John Suburbs

It seems like every book has a minor character who ends up playing a major role in the next book (Yoren, Kettleblacks, Penny...) So I'm wondering if there are any support characters in Dance that are likely to up their profiles in Winds, and what would their arcs look like.

Bowen Marsh, perhaps? Khal Jacquo? Maybe one of the Vale lords or Stannis' knights? An obscure ironman?

18 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

It seems like every book has a minor character who ends up playing a major role in the next book (Yoren, Kettleblacks, Penny...) So I'm wondering if there are any support characters in Dance that are likely to up their profiles in Winds, and what would their arcs look like.

Bowen Marsh, perhaps? Khal Jacquo? Maybe one of the Vale lords or Stannis' knights? An obscure ironman?

Justin Massey

Aurane Waters is in a position to do some major stuff or fade away into nothing. 

He could go with or against the Iron Fleet, whom may or may not be transporting Dany.

He might be the cause of some Golden Company ships going missing.

He and Loras may have something brewing on Dragonstone.

Or just never hear from him again.

59 minutes ago, EloImFizzy said:

I could see alot of people filling that role. 

• Val
  • Alleras 
  • Lazy Leo
  • Aurane Waters
  • Jhago
  • The Tattered Prince
  • Marwyn
  • Justin Massey

Those are just some of the top of my head. That's not even mentioning some of the other minor Lords around the Seven Kingdoms. 

Marwyn.  Definitely him.  

Can you imagine if some magic ritual brings Maester Aemon back to life and he makes it to Meereen.  Marwyn, Aemon, and Quaithe in Meereen.  That's the all-star team of wizardry in one place.

Most of them have to be people hanging around POVs.

Massey is a good candidate, Aurane Waters not so much (hanging out at a place where there are no POVs).

Other good candidates would be Aegon's gang - Haldon, Lemore, Strickland, and other Golden Company fellows. Duck, too, of course.

Many of secondary and tertiary guys from Meereen could also become important - Drink and the Archibald, Dany's Ghiscari and freedmen, Barristan's lads, Jhaqo and Mago, etc.

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Justin Massey

Right out of my mouth.

ETA: Val, and (wishful thinking some but) Morna White Mask.

I'm sure there are be others I'm forgetting now.

@Only 89 selfies today you said:

Marwyn, Aemon, and Quaithe in Meereen.  That's the all-star team of wizardry in one place.

Since when is Aemon a wizard? :lmao:

35 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Right out of my mouth.

ETA: Val, and (wishful thinking some but) Morna White Mask.

I'm sure there are be others I'm forgetting now.

@Only 89 selfies today you said:

Marwyn, Aemon, and Quaithe in Meereen.  That's the all-star team of wizardry in one place.

Since when is Aemon a wizard? :lmao:

He's smart, as in a "wiz" at something.  One of the most knowledgeable maesters before the time of his death.  

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Bowen will fill in for the lord commander office until Ser Alliser gets back.  

Greyworm's star will rise in the Battle of Fire.  

Myranda Royce.

Ser Shadrich of the Shady Glen

Hoster the Hostage (possibly)

Ser Hyle Hunt

Lyn Corbray

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater (Maybe he doesn't meet the definition of a minor character, though.)

Brown Ben Plumm

Penny (she is Tyrion's Ygritte, so I fear she may die soon)

Jeyne Poole (I suspect she will continue the Arya charade and the real Arya will never resume that identity)

Some of the Brotherhood Without Banners - they carry a lot of secrets.

5 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

1. Strong Belwas will earn his enormous cost of keep.  
  2. Jon Connington will make the most of his remaining time.
  3. The Harpy will be revealed.

Don't know if he exactly qualifies as minor but l do not believe loras Tyrell is dead( or even seriously injured), I wholeheartedly believe the Tyrells are playing more than one side in this conflict and I think something big could be in store for our knight of flowers.

I agree with others who have said justin massey and Auarne Waters could be significant.

I'd also like to add a Vale Lord to the mix....It is fairly obvious Lyn Corbray is working with Little Finger, I am very interested to see how the situation in the Vale plays out and I think Lyn will have a big role.

Very good topic btw John. 

Archived