U.S. Politics: A Song Of Mimes And Musicians

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

The Clintons attended both, but Bill was speaking at Aretha’s and not McCains.

At any rate, you just know Donny is seething about being left out of two big events with lots of TV coverage prominently featuring his hated predecessors.

What if Bannon were to 'leave this mortal coil' and dis-invited 45 to his planting shindig.  I'd  laff.     

28 minutes ago, LongRider said:

What if Bannon were to 'leave this mortal coil' and dis-invited 45 to his planting shindig.  I'd  laff.     

If 45 died in office, will he get buried next JFK on Arlington?

And that's how you kill laughter - well, at least if you either liked Kennedy or consider the burial place of Arlington to be of a specific importance.

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

The Clintons attended both, but Bill was speaking at Aretha’s and not McCains.

At any rate, you just know Donny is seething about being left out of two big events with lots of TV coverage prominently featuring his hated predecessors.

Trump went golfing.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/five-biting-quotes-meghan-mccains-memorial-speech-appear-squarely-aimed-trump/

It would be interesting if McCains death is the event that finally tips things over for Trump.  For the youngsters here, a career Republican politician saying of the sitting Republican president, “I don’t want that man at my funeral” is totally unprecedented. 

24 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/five-biting-quotes-meghan-mccains-memorial-speech-appear-squarely-aimed-trump/

It would be interesting if McCains death is the event that finally tips things over for Trump.  For the youngsters here, a career Republican politician saying of the sitting Republican president, “I don’t want that man at my funeral” is totally unprecedented. 

For all the arguments about how some people reacted to the passing of McCain here, I have seen far worse from Republicans and Right oriented sites/publications, it is Trump’s party now. There may have been some admonishment behind the scenes to make him lower the flag but no prominent Republican has taken him to task in public. McConnell and Ryan gave speeches at McCain’s viewing and on Tuesday they will be back to fully defending Trump without seeing any hypocrisy in their actions. I don’t see McCain being the thing that turns anyone against Trump.

I fully expect to see the right bitching aout Meghan and Obama taking shots at Trump.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

If 45 died in office, will he get buried next JFK on Arlington?

And that's how you kill laughter - well, at least if you either liked Kennedy or consider the burial place of Arlington to be of a specific importance.

More important to me than Kennedy is my father is buried in Arlington, so no I wouldn't like that.  

34 minutes ago, LongRider said:

More important to me than Kennedy is my father is buried in Arlington, so no I wouldn't like that.  

Oops, sorry, didn't know that. I just picked Arlington because it has this super importance for parts of the American culture as a Heroes Resting Place, and found the idea of cadett heelspurs, who never served, but whose brave battle against STDs in Studio 54 put the efforts of vietnam veterans to shame getting burried on that soldiers cemetary to be somewhat amusing/ironic.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Oops, sorry, didn't know that. I just picked Arlington because it has this super importance for parts of the American culture as a Heroes Resting Place, and found the idea of cadett heelspurs, who never served, but whose brave battle against STDs in Studio 54 put the efforts of vietnam veterans to shame getting burried on that soldiers cemetary to be somewhat amusing/ironic.

No worries, lots of decorated veterans are buried there and even Kennedy served in the Navy.  Planting Cadet Bone Spurs there is, as I see you might agree, blasphemy.  

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

For all the arguments about how some people reacted to the passing of McCain here, I have seen far worse from Republicans and Right oriented sites/publications, it is Trump’s party now. There may have been some admonishment behind the scenes to make him lower the flag but no prominent Republican has taken him to task in public. McConnell and Ryan gave speeches at McCain’s viewing and on Tuesday they will be back to fully defending Trump without seeing any hypocrisy in their actions. I don’t see McCain being the thing that turns anyone against Trump.

I fully expect to see the right bitching aout Meghan and Obama taking shots at Trump.

McConnell et al will do what public opinion dictates. 

16 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Meghan dissed 45 while Javanka was in attendance!  So yeah, she's a RINO and who knows what else.   ===eyeroll===   When I watched the vid I was hoping to see the camera pan on Javanka again when the crowd applauded Meghan's 'America was always great' line.  It didn't tho, darn it.  

Oh look, 45's sycophant fans are already at it.  We can count on them!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/trump-fans-accuse-grieving-meghan-mccain-trashy-america-always-great-eulogy-comment/

28 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

McConnell et al will do what public opinion dictates. 

They will do what Republican opinion dictates as they have for a year and a half with a president who is very unpopular over all and the needle isn’t moving among Republicans.

9 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

They will do what Republican opinion high dollar donors dictate as they have for a year and a half with a president who is very unpopular over all and the needle isn’t moving among Republicans.

fify        :dunno:

43 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

They will do what Republican opinion dictates as they have for a year and a half with a president who is very unpopular over all and the needle isn’t moving among Republicans.

Yeah, they will always have the support of the wing nuts. They tend to be overwhelmingly white and overwhelmingly grey.  If they only have that, they’re nowhere.

Recent polling indicates August has not been a good month for the Donald. I’m sure there are quiet discussions going on at this moment about who Pence’s VP is going ng to be.

...Sarah Palin.

32 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, they will always have the support of the wing nuts. They tend to be overwhelmingly white and overwhelmingly grey.  If they only have that, they’re nowhere.

Recent polling indicates August has not been a good month for the Donald. I’m sure there are quiet discussions going on at this moment about who Pence’s VP is going ng to be.

...Sarah Palin.

Would she be eligible? I mean she is from Alaska, that's almost Canadian :leaving:

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

Meghan dissed 45 while Javanka was in attendance!  So yeah, she's a RINO and who knows what else.   ===eyeroll===   When I watched the vid I was hoping to see the camera pan on Javanka again when the crowd applauded Meghan's 'America was always great' line.  It didn't tho, darn it.  

Oh look, 45's sycophant fans are already at it.  We can count on them!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/trump-fans-accuse-grieving-meghan-mccain-trashy-america-always-great-eulogy-comment/

Jesus, I got dumber reading that stuff.

- Trump fans criticizing her for “politicizing” the occasion.

-Trump fans criticizing her as being “petty  and spiteful”

Not an ironic bone among them. 

51 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Jesus, I got dumber reading that stuff.

- Trump fans criticizing her for “politicizing” the occasion.

-Trump fans criticizing her as being “petty  and spiteful”

Not an ironic bone among them. 

What's up with this 'politicizing' word as an insult?  As if politicians and their kin don't politicize everything anyway, it's what they do.  Her dear old dad was a politician for a very long time and so why not allude to and mention it?  And yeah, irony is definitely dead among the MAGAts.

20 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Its certainly large-ish news up here. 

(I moved back to Canada)

Trump needs a win. The best way to get it is to beat up on someone else. Of course, his supporters wil cheer anything that comes out of his mouth so it almost doesn’t matter how the trade negotiations go (for him).

Lol, was I too subtle?

Archived