Number of secret identities you believe to exist in the series and how they will be revealed

21 hours ago, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Will all secret identities be revealed at the same chapter with some sort of declaration or will it take more chapters for it? Is there any chance that secret identities will be revealed in appendix like Jyanna Reed? Or will the writer reveal them in the interviews after books are finished like Rugen being Varys?

I think we will get most of them spread throughout Winds, but the biggest one won't be until Spring (I dearly hope its something none of us will see coming).

Sadly I think a lot will stay shrouded.

Biggest fear is that he will pull a Carthago and you have to close the last page with just a few POSSIBLE answers and the one useless key you got was so vague and crappy that you overlooked it. I really really hope not though.

edit: to the Topic: 

Jon (through Sam at Citadel), Lemore (by Qyburn's birds), Alleras (by herself when she leaves the Citadel), Darkstar (by Doran), Hooded Man (by lord Manderly), in Winds with Jon being the big one.

Dany and lemongate (God knows how) in Spring. If we get anything on Qaithe or Ashara it will somehow be tied up with this.

39 minutes ago, Sigella said:

the Fiddler/Blackfyre pretender before Dunk's showdown in the Sept (climax) and Bloodraven descending on Whitewalls (twist).

In that novel, there was four elements, not two. Another twist was, that Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven in shadow-mask, and climax was, that Egg is the dragon, that has awakened at Whitewalls.

1 minute ago, Megorova said:

In that novel, there was four elements, not two. Another twist was, that Maynard Plumm was actually Bloodraven in shadow-mask, and climax was, that Egg is the dragon, that has awakened at Whitewalls.

Well Maynard/Bloodraven is implied so its an ongoing mystery.

You mean twist? If so, I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, Firefae said:

I'm pretty sure there would've been a hint on him being Richard Lonmouth. I can't see anything in the tekst that alludes to him being Richard Lonmouth.

Him knowing basic information about the ongoings in the Riverlands don't allude to him having some secret identity.

That's very true. I was just thinking of his possible connection to the BwB when I was typing my reply. 

There is nothing in the text that suggests a lot of things, it doesn't stop anyone from speculating.

5 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

It's not just Sandor Clegane who is secretly hidden away at Quiet Isle. 

Elder Brother is a complete mystery and of much higher birth than he pretends to be. I would put my money on him being Richard Lonmouth, if anything. The story he gave Brienne doesn't have to be 100% accurate. For a man who is so isolated on his little isle, he sure as hell knows a lot and has some of the most accurate information in the story. The mention of Rhaegar's rubies and waiting for the seventh will never not sound like some kind of a bat signal for the people who live there. And Quiet Isle seems full of secrets that are just waiting to be revealed.

3 hours ago, Firefae said:

I'm pretty sure there would've been a hint on him being Richard Lonmouth. I can't see anything in the text that alludes to him being Richard Lonmouth.

I recall a thread long ago that proposed a match between The Elder Brother and the King's Guard knight Lewyn Martell, uncle of Prince Doran, Elia and Oberyn. I don't remember the name of the thread (or it may have been a post within a larger thread) but I found the logic persuasive at the time.

As a King's Guard knight who had an affair with a princess, I think Arys Oakheart might be a parallel for Prince Lewyn and might provide hints about the untold backstory that goes with that name. If Lewyn also had an affair with a princess, the princess would probably have been a Targaryen and he might still feel some loyalty to that family.

For Richard Lonmouth, I am very much on board with the theory that Lem Lemoncloak is Richard. I don't write down a lot of the little hints I find in the subtext or wordplay, but I have come across clues when looking at Skulls and Kisses, and the symbolism of mouths and lemons.

The Elder Brother and Lem / Richard may be opposites: Lem Lemoncloak's role in hanging Brienne, Pod and Ser Hyle is so different from Elder Brother's father confessor role for Brienne at the Quiet Isle - except that the noose gets Brienne to talk (she says a word). But Lem (who is referred to as The Hound because he is now wearing the Hound's helmet) wants her to "dance," not necessarily to talk.

Also, I think the yellow cloak is a hint for us that we will find a hidden Rainbow Guard's worth of disguised men who were loyal to Rhaegar. Lonmouth was his squire and he wears the yellow cloak. So we can keep an eye out for red, orange, green, blue, indigo and violet characters (cloaked or otherwise) who may still be carrying a torch for Rhaegar. The colors may not all be cloaks or sigils, but they could be.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, Silver Bullet 1985 said:

Aegon, Jon Connington, Bael the Bard, The Harpy, Ser Shadrich, Arstan Whitebeard, Pate, Alleras.

Only Ser Shadrich (Howland Reed), Pate (Jaqen), The Harpy (Gallaza Galare), and Alleras (Sarella sand) have yet to be revealed.  Revelations will come on its own time.  

Do you have a link to a Ser Shadrich = Howland thread, I believe I missed that one

On 9/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

Will all secret identities be revealed at the same chapter with some sort of declaration or will it take more chapters for it? Is there any chance that secret identities will be revealed in appendix like Jyanna Reed? Or will the writer reveal them in the interviews after books are finished like Rugen being Varys?

I think any reveals will be spread over the last two books (if it ends up being two).

Hooded Man = Septon Chayle

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

I think we can look at all the secret IDs we do know about or have known about to extrapolate how many more might be out there, both in the present and past:

Sansa -- Alayne

Arya -- Weasel, Nan, Cat, No One, Blind Beth...

Theon -- Reek

Selmy -- Whitebeard

Cat -- Lady Stoneheart

Tyrion -- Hugor Hill

Sarella -- Alleras

No One -- Jaquen, Pate

Jeyne Pool -- Arya

Mance's Baby -- Gilly's Baby

Gilly's Baby -- Mance's Baby

Mance -- Rattleshirt, Abel

Bloodraven -- Three-Eyed Crow

Bran -- presumed dead, but 3EC-in-training

Rickon -- presumed dead, but strange Skagosi kid with a dire wolf

Hound -- Silent Brother

The Mountain -- Robert Strong

On 9/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, Sigella said:

Well Maynard/Bloodraven is implied so its an ongoing mystery.

You mean twist? If so, I stand corrected.

You're right, that those novels have much simpler structure, than books in the main series - one secret identity + one big reveal + maybe a few clues, that are important for the main series (like for example hints that Rohanne Webber, Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar are practitioners of magic; dwarfs stole dragon egg; Dunk will eventually become Kingsguard; etc.) But in the main series GRRM has used totally different structure - lots of characters with secret identities, lots of mysteries, and a twist in every chapter. So it's unlikely, that eventually we will find out about all mysteries of ASOIAF, most likely, many of them will remain in the same state, as that one, about whether Maynard was Bloodraven, or whether he wasn't.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

This one isn't confirmed. For now, I still think, that the 3EC is actully Shiera Seastar, who is also Quaithe.

I'll probably regret asking, but are ya sure? The 3EC is a man who says he was once a lord called Brynden, is dressed in black, has a red eye and white skin with a red blotch on his neck and cheek. He also had a brother he loved, a brother he hated and a woman he desired. Brynden Rivers, aka Lord Bloodraven, had white skin, red eyes (one of which was lost in battle) and a winestain birthmark that ran from his throat to his cheek. He hated his brother Bittersteel, loved his brother Daemon and desired Shiera. And he wore black clothing as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch before he disappeared in the Haunted Forest, where the 3EC is now.

Shiera Seastar, on the other hand, is a woman with mismatched eyes -- one green, one blue -- and wore ivory, lace and cloth-of-silver. She has absolutely nothing in her backstory to connect her to anything that the 3EC says.

So again, I hate to ask, but glamour and magic explains this blatant disconnect?

16 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I'll probably regret asking, but are ya sure? The 3EC is a man who says he was once a lord called Brynden, is dressed in black, has a red eye and white skin with a red blotch on his neck and cheek. He also had a brother he loved, a brother he hated and a woman he desired. Brynden Rivers, aka Lord Bloodraven, had white skin, red eyes (one of which was lost in battle) and a winestain birthmark that ran from his throat to his cheek. He hated his brother Bittersteel, loved his brother Daemon and desired Shiera. And he wore black clothing as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch before he disappeared in the Haunted Forest, where the 3EC is now.

Shiera Seastar, on the other hand, is a woman with mismatched eyes -- one green, one blue -- and wore ivory, lace and cloth-of-silver. She has absolutely nothing in her backstory to connect her to anything that the 3EC says.

So again, I hate to ask, but glamour and magic explains this blatant disconnect?

I'm a bit busy right now, so I was writing in a hurry, thus - Sorry for jumbled explanation and for mistypings. :wacko:

That man in the cave is Bloodraven/Brynden Rivers. But he may not be the 3EC. When Bran asked him, whether he is, he didn't confirmed it. Later, in next chapter with Bran's POV, when he is thinking about what's going on, he is referring to Bloodraven as the 3EC, but that doesn't mean, that Bran's assumption, about Bloodraven being the 3EC, is correct.

Also Bloodraven has one eye, not three <- see, where's the problem is? The thing is, is that even prior the battle at Redgrass Field, where Bloodraven has lost one of his eyes, he had TWO eyes, not three. And now his single red eye, is one of those two eyes, that he had before he became one-eyed, so it's not like he had two eyes, and now he has third. He doesn't have three eyes, and never had three eyes.

Now about Shiera - in Bran's coma-dream, the 3EC was making/pecking third eye in Bran's forehead; the Sparrows are carving symbols of seven-sided stars on their foreheads; Quaithe is wearing a mask, so it's possible, that there's a third eye symbol carven on her forehead; in Dany's vision, she saw a dragon bursting out of Mirri Maz Duur's brow, which is forehead - Dany was able to hatch dragon eggs, thanks to Mirri's knowledge/wisdom. The chakra of third eye is located on forehead, it is the center of intuition and foresight. The word The Third Eye in Kabbalah means "Wisdom".

So the third eye is located on forehead. The three-eyed crow had a third eye on it's forehead.

Well? :huh:

Also there is connection between 3EC and Shiera. That's if it was Shiera, the one who has lured Bloodraven beyond The Wall, and binded him to the Weirwood.

I think, that GRRM was inspired by Arthurian legends, and by Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. For example, Jon Snow, if he is son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, the promised Prince, then he is parallel to King Arthur and Tolkien's Aragorn - all thee are lost princes; names of all three are dragon-connected - Arthur Pendragon, Aragorn Dragon, most likely Jon will be crowned as Aegon VII Targaryen, Aegon Dragon; all three had/will have fire-related swords - Jon - Dawn/Lightbringer; Aragorn's sword was called Narsil (Red and White Flame), it was broken in the battle against Sauron, "Isildur used the hilt-shard to cut the One Ring from Sauron's hand. The shards, acquiring the additional name the Sword that was Broken, remained an heirloom of Isildur's heirs throughout the Third Age, and were thus inherited by Aragorn. In T. A. 3018 the sword was reforged as Andúril (Quenya: Flame of the West)."; description of Arthur's Excalibur - "Then they heard Cadwr Earl of Cornwall being summoned, and saw him rise with Arthur's sword in his hand, with a design of two chimeras on the golden hilt; when the sword was unsheathed what was seen from the mouths of the two chimeras was like two flames of fire, so dreadful that it was not easy for anyone to look."

Aside from those three princes/heroes, there are also many other parallels between GRRM's work and Arthurian legends, and Tolkien's works.

Wizard Merlin was tricked by the woman, that he desired, the Lady of the Lake, Nimue. She brought him into a cave, and with usage of magic binded him to a tree in that cave, and left him there. Bloodraven's Shiera was his lover, but she refused to marry him, even though he proposed to her half a hundred times. According to legends, Merlin had two lovers - Morgana le Fay, and Nimue. Mor in Morgana's name, means the sea in Welsh. Shiera's name is also sea-related. In Welsh her name would have been Shiera Morstar, like Morgana. In Irish mythology Morgana le Fay is often connected to Crow Goddess and Queen of Phantoms, Morrigan. Shiera Seastar was a shadowbinder, Egg said in The Sworn Sword, that Lady Shiera is dancing with demons <- that's shadow magic, same as Mirri Maz Duur was dancing with shadows. Shiera/Quaithe is a shadowbinder, and Morrigan is Queen of Phantoms, phantoms are shadows. The Crow is Morrigan's symbol, she can turn into a crow. "The Morrígan is often described as a trio of individuals, all sisters, called 'the three Morrígna'. Membership of the triad varies; sometimes it is given as Badb, Macha and Nemain" <- similar to Nimue, no? :huh: Also Morrigan is associated with the banshee. From Old Irish "banshee" is translated as "woman of the fairy mound" or "fairy woman" (Merlin's Nimue was a water fairy). Banshee "is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing, shrieking, or keening. Her name is connected to the mythologically important tumuli or "mounds" that dot the Irish countryside, which are known as síde (singular síd) in Old Irish." "A tumulus (plural tumuli) is a mound of earth and stones raised over a grave or graves. Tumuli are also known as barrows, burial mounds or kurgans, and may be found throughout much of the world. A cairn, which is a mound of stones built for various purposes, may also originally have been a tumulus. Tumuli are often categorised according to their external apparent shape. In this respect, a long barrow is a long tumulus, usually constructed on top of several burials, such as passage graves." Name Shiera translates from Japanese as long barrow, Quaithe from French also means long barrow. So her name Shiera/Quaithe, her being a shadowbinder, her being Bloodraven's lover that refused to become fully his (like Nimue refused to become Merlin's), her name Seastar, all of it connects her to Morgana/Nimue/Morrigan/banshee/Queen of Phantoms/Crow Goddess, it all leads to a clue, that Shiera Seastar is the three-eyed crow. Furthermore, in Bran's chapter, when he was waking up from his coma, it was written there in plain text, that Bran saw that the crow was actually a woman.

There's also other clues, like wildling witch Morna, that's wearing weirwood mask, and Quaithe's wooden mask, that is made of starlight. Short explanation - according to Dothraki legends, the Moon is a goddess, and her husband is the Sun. Drogo and Dany were calling each other - Moon of my life, and my Sun and Stars. Shiera is Moon, and Bloodraven is her Sun and Stars. Quaithe's mask is made of starlight, because it's a weirwood mask, probably painted with Bloodraven's blood (Shiera was user of blood magic, Egg said, that she was bathing in blood to stay young). Dany saw stars, when looking at that mask, because she saw Bloodraven's soul in that mask. The mask is made of weirwood, and Bloodraven is tied to the Weirwood. Bloodraven is Sun and Stars, but the sun is hiding, so only stars are left. In Jon's first chapter in ADWD, he was chased by the moon, that tried to talk with him, and he run towards cave of night where the sun was hiding - the moon was Shiera, the sun was Bloodraven, and the cave of night is that cave in which Bloodraven is tied to the Weirwood.

(Some info from above is from Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morrígan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumulus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_weapons_and_armour#Narsil)

So my answer to your question, is - Yes, I'm sure, that Bloodraven is not the three-eyed crow.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, Megorova said:

I'm a bit busy right now, so I was writing in a hurry, thus - Sorry for jumbled explanation and for mistypings. :wacko:

That man in the cave is Bloodraven/Brynden Rivers. But he may not be the 3EC. When Bran asked him, whether he is, he didn't confirmed it. Later, in next chapter with Bran's POV, when he is thinking about what's going on, he is referring to Bloodraven as the 3EC, but that doesn't mean, that Bran's assumption, about Bloodraven being the 3EC, is correct.

Also Bloodraven has one eye, not three <- see, where's the problem is? The thing is, is that even prior the battle at Redgrass Field, where Bloodraven has lost one of his eyes, he had TWO eyes, not three. And now his single red eye, is one of those two eyes, that he had before he became one-eyed, so it's not like he had two eyes, and now he has third. He doesn't have three eyes, and never had three eyes.

Now about Shiera - in Bran's coma-dream, the 3EC was making/pecking third eye in Bran's forehead; the Sparrows are carving symbols of seven-sided stars on their foreheads; Quaithe is wearing a mask, so it's possible, that there's a third eye symbol carven on her forehead; in Dany's vision, she saw a dragon bursting out of Mirri Maz Duur's brow, which is forehead - Dany was able to hatch dragon eggs, thanks to Mirri's knowledge/wisdom. The chakra of third eye is located on forehead, it is the center of intuition and foresight. The word The Third Eye in Kabbalah means "Wisdom".

So the third eye is located on forehead. The three-eyed crow had a third eye on it's forehead.

Well? :huh:

Also there is connection between 3EC and Shiera. That's if it was Shiera, the one who has lured Bloodraven beyond The Wall, and binded him to the Weirwood.

I think, that GRRM was inspired by Arthurian legends, and by Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. For example, Jon Snow, if he is son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, the promised Prince, then he is parallel to King Arthur and Tolkien's Aragorn - all thee are lost princes; names of all three are dragon-connected - Arthur Pendragon, Aragorn Dragon, most likely Jon will be crowned as Aegon VII Targaryen, Aegon Dragon; all three had/will have fire-related swords - Jon - Dawn/Lightbringer; Aragorn's sword was called Narsil (Red and White Flame), it was broken in the battle against Sauron, "Isildur used the hilt-shard to cut the One Ring from Sauron's hand. The shards, acquiring the additional name the Sword that was Broken, remained an heirloom of Isildur's heirs throughout the Third Age, and were thus inherited by Aragorn. In T. A. 3018 the sword was reforged as Andúril (Quenya: Flame of the West)."; description of Arthur's Excalibur - "Then they heard Cadwr Earl of Cornwall being summoned, and saw him rise with Arthur's sword in his hand, with a design of two chimeras on the golden hilt; when the sword was unsheathed what was seen from the mouths of the two chimeras was like two flames of fire, so dreadful that it was not easy for anyone to look."

Aside from those three princes/heroes, there are also many other parallels between GRRM's work and Arthurian legends, and Tolkien's works.

Wizard Merlin was tricked by the woman, that he desired, the Lady of the Lake, Nimue. She brought him into a cave, and with usage of magic binded him to a tree in that cave, and left him there. Bloodraven's Shiera was his lover, but she refused to marry him, even though he proposed to her half a hundred times. According to legends, Merlin had two lovers - Morgana le Fay, and Nimue. Mor in Morgana's name, means the sea in Welsh. Shiera's name is also sea-related. In Welsh her name would have been Shiera Morstar, like Morgana. In Irish mythology Morgana le Fay is often connected to Crow Goddess and Queen of Phantoms, Morrigan. Shiera Seastar was a shadowbinder, Egg said in The Sworn Sword, that Lady Shiera is dancing with demons <- that's shadow magic, same as Mirri Maz Duur was dancing with shadows. Shiera/Quaithe is a shadowbinder, and Morrigan is Queen of Phantoms, phantoms are shadows. The Crow is Morrigan's symbol, she can turn into a crow. "The Morrígan is often described as a trio of individuals, all sisters, called 'the three Morrígna'. Membership of the triad varies; sometimes it is given as Badb, Macha and Nemain" <- similar to Nimue, no? :huh: Also Morrigan is associated with the banshee. From Old Irish "banshee" is translated as "woman of the fairy mound" or "fairy woman" (Merlin's Nimue was a water fairy). Banshee "is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing, shrieking, or keening. Her name is connected to the mythologically important tumuli or "mounds" that dot the Irish countryside, which are known as síde (singular síd) in Old Irish." "A tumulus (plural tumuli) is a mound of earth and stones raised over a grave or graves. Tumuli are also known as barrows, burial mounds or kurgans, and may be found throughout much of the world. A cairn, which is a mound of stones built for various purposes, may also originally have been a tumulus. Tumuli are often categorised according to their external apparent shape. In this respect, a long barrow is a long tumulus, usually constructed on top of several burials, such as passage graves." Name Shiera translates from Japanese as long barrow, Quaithe from French also means long barrow. So her name Shiera/Quaithe, her being a shadowbinder, her being Bloodraven's lover that refused to become fully his (like Nimue refused to become Merlin's), her name Seastar, all of it connects her to Morgana/Nimue/Morrigan/banshee/Queen of Phantoms/Crow Goddess, it all leads to a clue, that Shiera Seastar is the three-eyed crow. Furthermore, in Bran's chapter, when he was waking up from his coma, it was written there in plain text, that Bran saw that the crow was actually a woman.

There's also other clues, like wildling witch Morna, that's wearing weirwood mask, and Quaithe's wooden mask, that is made of starlight. Short explanation - according to Dothraki legends, the Moon is a goddess, and her husband is the Sun. Drogo and Dany were calling each other - Moon of my life, and my Sun and Stars. Shiera is Moon, and Bloodraven is her Sun and Stars. Quaithe's mask is made of starlight, because it's a weirwood mask, probably painted with Bloodraven's blood (Shiera was user of blood magic, Egg said, that she was bathing in blood to stay young). Dany saw stars, when looking at that mask, because she saw Bloodraven's soul in that mask. The mask is made of weirwood, and Bloodraven is tied to the Weirwood. Bloodraven is Sun and Stars, but the sun is hiding, so only stars are left. In Jon's first chapter in ADWD, he was chased by the moon, that tried to talk with him, and he run towards cave of night where the sun was hiding - the moon was Shiera, the sun was Bloodraven, and the cave of night is that cave in which Bloodraven is tied to the Weirwood.

(Some info from above is from Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Morrígan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumulus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_weapons_and_armour#Narsil)

So my answer to your question, is - Yes, I'm sure, that Bloodraven is not the three-eyed crow.

Lol, I knew I'd be sorry. I think you're swimming against some pretty strong textual currents on this one:

The 3EC promises Bran that he will learn to fly. Brynden teaches Bran to fly.

Jojen Reed's mission is to bring Bran to the 3EC. He brings him to Brynden.

It's taken five novels for Bran to reach Brynden, and now he has to embark on another journey to find the 3EC? With only two books left?

Sorry, it's going to take more than a suspicion that Quaith has a third eye behind her mask or that the 3EC must literally have three physical eyes to convince me. GRRM has borrowed a lot from literature, but by no means does this suggest that Brynden is anything but the 3EC.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, King Ned Stark said:

I think you are right, as much as I think the hidden identity thing is overplayed (maybe because of this website), I think either Martin enjoys it, or he has done it to set a precedent for a hidden identity that help set the entire series off.

I don't think its been deliberately overplayed, I just think its a natural artifact of the combination of a world that has virtually no means of usable identification, and several major upheavals within the last generation.

I mean, in a world without photos, how hard is it to slip into a new identity. Identity theft is common in our world, now, despite all our instant technology.

We forget how easy it is...

45 minutes ago, corbon said:

I don't think its been deliberately overplayed, I just think its a natural artifact of the combination of a world that has virtually no means of usable identification, and several major upheavals within the last generation.

I mean, in a world without photos, how hard is it to slip into a new identity. Identity theft is common in our world, now, despite all our instant technology.

We forget how easy it is...

This is how I came to see it after I thought about it and the frequency of secret identities makes more sense to me now. I just needed to get out of my modern mindset where we're numbered, tracked, and cataloged to such a disturbing degree that the very idea of a secret identity is absurd.

19 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

The 3EC promises Bran that he will learn to fly. Brynden teaches Bran to fly.

The 3EC didn't said that 1. he/she will teach Bran to fly, he/she only said, that 2. Bran will learn to fly, or is able/will be able to fly. That's two different things.

Jojen Reed's mission is to bring Bran to the 3EC. He brings him to Brynden.

First of all, Jojen himself didn't knew the meaning behind his visions, he didn't knew where are they going, etc. It's Jojen's assumption, that he's supposed to bring Bran to the 3EC. Though in one of those visions, he saw winged wolf binded to ground with stone chains, and that the 3EC was trying to free that wolf. The wolf is Bran, stone chains are the Weirwood/Bloodraven, and the 3EC is Shiera. In his coma-dream Bran saw Bloodraven as that brooding Weirwood, and Shiera as the 3EC, that was flying near him.

It's taken five novels for Bran to reach Brynden, and now he has to embark on another journey to find the 3EC? With only two books left?

Bran doesn't need to look for the 3EC. The 3EC never said to Bran to go anywhere, or to look for him/her. Jojen was lead by green dreams. The source of green dreams is the Weirwood. So the 3EC has nothing to do with Jojen's mission, whatever that mission is. On the contrary - Jojen has brought Bran to Bloodraven/Weirwood, and Shiera/3EC will try to free him from that cave.

Sorry, it's going to take more than a suspicion that Quaith has a third eye behind her mask or that the 3EC must literally have three physical eyes to convince me. GRRM has borrowed a lot from literature, but by no means does this suggest that Brynden is anything but the 3EC.

1. In Bran's coma-dream, and in Jojen's green dreams, the Weirwood and the 3EC were two separate entities.

2. When they asked where Coldhands is leading them, he said - to the wizard (Bloodraven), he didn't said, that he will bring them to the 3EC.

3. When Bloodraven was asked, whether he is the 3EC, he didn't confirmed it.

4. After Bran has woke up from his coma, it was writen there in plain text - Bran saw that the crow was a woman <- this is not just some clue, it's a direct answer, who the 3EC is, but readers don't see it :rolleyes: That's because, it's written in such a manner, that readers just dismiss it.

5. Bloodraven has one eye, not three. Even if third eye is spiritual, just a six chakra on the forehead, then Bloodraven still has only TWO eyes, with inclusion of his red one in the eye socket, and one pseudo-eye/chakra on his forehead.

There's plenty of clues, that the 3EC is not Bloodraven, you just don't want to see them. I'm not saying, that my theory, about Shiera being the 3EC is a fact, what I'm saying, is that there's a very high possibility, that this theory is correct.

Eitherway, we will see how it really is, when the next book will come out. If there will be Bran's POV in there.

Back to main topic - wildling witch Morna could be Morya Frey, daughter of Walder Frey and Alyssa Blackwood.

Next to those you already mentioned, there might be the case of the Lannister twins' true father.

Much effort had been put into that question - not only by the Lannister siblings but characters like their aunt or Ser Barristan.

I could see Cersei moving to Casterly Rock to oppose the Tyrells - only to find that there the bad talk doesn't end now Tywin is dead. Maybe the loyal Pyrcell even locked some things up in his office to hide the shame that Tywin shared his wife with the king.

Cesei already showed signs of disrespect towards her father, so she might make the best of such a situation - especially when a Targaryen boy turns up in Westeros. She then would declare Tommen as purest Targaryen and hope for Jaime's return as king. Who likely refuses and endangers their lives in Cersei's eyes.

Archived