Varys The Spiders true endgame

Gramse

So this has long been on my mind, but haven´'t found the time to write a topic about it. This may be a long one, we will see how much inspiration I get as I write. 

- Varys ads Ilyrio arrange for Dany to mary with Khal Drogo. At first we are led to believe it is because they want Drogo to attack Westeros and give the Iron throne to Viserys.

- Later we find out that the plan told to Connington is to join Danearys in Westeros and mary Aegon and Deanerys with each other. But we also find out that they dont expect Daenaeys to survive among the horselords. And we also learn they think Viserys is a fool. What is the plan then? Why arrange a wedding between Khal Drogo and Daenarys if you dont expect her to live long, and you dont believe Viserys should rule?

- Eddard Stark is supposed to go to the wall. Varys arrange some strange followers to The Wall in a wagon. Now Biter and Rorge are stupid enough to get caught, but Jaqen H´gar? Why on earth is a faceless man in a wagon bound to the wall at the same time as Ned Stark? The mission is important enough to risk everything, since he accepts the risk of getting trapped in a wagon he cannot escape. Jaqen only survives because Arya give him an axe when the wagon is on fire. 

- Varys does not tell Catelyn who is the true owner of the Valyrian dagger, instead he chooses to let Catelyn believe Littlefingers lie, to frame Tyrion. And too further inflame the Starks and Lannisters against each other. 

Varys giggled like a little girl. "Oh, yes. I suppose I am guilty. I hope you forgive me, kind lady." He eased himself down into a seat and put his hands together. "I wonder if we might trouble you to show us the dagger?"
Catelyn Stark stared at the eunuch in stunned disbelief. He was a spider, she thought wildly, an enchanter or worse. He knew things no one could possibly know, unless … "What have you done to Ser Rodrik?" she demanded.

- When Tyrion arrives at Kings Landing we are led to believe he slowly gets Varys respect and it seems like Varys helps him more and more, especially when Stannis attacks the city.
When asked why he helps him so much, Varys replies it is because he hates magic and the Red Woman - Melisandre. If you are playing the Aegon game isnt it then better to let Stannis take the Iron throne, forcing Tywin and the Tyrells to attack the city causing much heavier losses than they did at the shores of the blackwater? At the same time Robb would weaken The westerlands even more likely take over much of it. Wouldnt this destabilize Westeros even more than it did when Tywin takes control easily? 
All of a sudden Varys goes sentimental and let his feelings of hate against the Red womans magic interfeer with his plans. Strange? Maybe not, keep reading.

- He testifies agains Tyrion on the trial for Joffs murder. Only later after being immediately threatened by Jaime does he help Tyrion. It seems he no longer cares for Tyrion, if he dies or go to the wall (which is the most likely at this point). 

- After sending Tyrion to Aegon he goes underground and is not seen until the Epilogue where he kill Pycelle and Kevan Lannister just before telling him about Aegon. Why does he even bother telling a dead man his plans about Aegon, how can it serve his end game? Arent  Aegon and Connington doing their best to be unnoticed by the crown at this point? Why take the time to visit Kevan when your "birds" are doing the killing anyway. Why take the risk against Kevan (skilled in arms) and potential guards Kevan might bring?

Before I go further I want to remind you, dear reader of some quotes from the books, they will later serve to prove my point.

Qyburn had taken the eunuch's place, the usual vermin had wasted no time in making themselves known to him, to trade their whispers for a few coins. It was the silver all along, not the Spider. 

Conversation with Illyrio in Game: "As well bid me stop time. Do you take me for a wizard?" The other chuckled. "No less." Flames licked at the cold air. "

No! It wasn't like Old Nan's stories. He didn't look like a wizard, but the fat one said he was."

Arya Game III 

"What if a wizard was sent to kill him?" "Well, as to that," Desmond replied, drawing his longsword, "wizards die the same as other men, once you cut their heads off."

"The Red Keep has ways known only to ghosts and spiders.

"who will mourn poor Varys then? North or south, they sing no songs for spiders."

"What are you, Varys?" Tyrion found he truly wanted to know. "A spider, they say."

"Ah." Tyrion had known nothing of this ploy. Had Varys's little birds failed him for once? Even spiders must nod, he supposed . . . or was the eunuch playing a deeper and more subtle game than he knew? "You have my thanks, ser."

Regarding blue flame:

. Above it floated a human heart, swollen and blue with corruption, yet still alive. It beat, a deep ponderous throb of sound, and each pulse sent out a wash of indigo light. The figures around the table were no more than blue shadows.

Jamies dream: "Brienne's sword took flame as well, burning silvery blue. "

Another step, and Dany could feel the heat of the sand on the soles of her feet, even through her sandals. Sweat ran down her thighs and between her breasts and in rivulets over her cheeks, where tears had once run. Ser Jorah was shouting behind her, but he did not matter anymore, only the fire mattered. The flames were so beautiful, the loveliest things she had ever seen, each one a sorcerer robed in yellow and orange and scarlet, swirling long smoky cloaks. She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees, each more beautiful than the last. She saw a horse, a great grey stallion limned in smoke, its flowing mane a nimbus of blue flame. Yes, my love, my sun-and-stars, yes, mount now, ride now.

Then he saw it, a shadow in the shadows, sliding toward the inner door that led to Mormont's sleeping cell, a man-shape all in black, cloaked and hooded … but beneath the hood, its eyes shone with an icy blue radiance

The Other halted. Will saw its eyes; blue, deeper and bluer than any human eyes, a blue that burned like ice. They fixed on the longsword trembling on high, watched the moonlight running cold along the metal

"Her own heart was beating in unison to the one that floated before her, blue and corrupt "

"One day at Myr, a certain man came to our folly. After the performance, he made an offer for me that my master found too tempting to refuse. I was in terror. I feared the man meant to use me as I had heard men used small boys, but in truth the only part of me he had need of was my manhood. He gave me a potion that made me powerless to move or speak, yet did nothing to dull my senses. With a long hooked blade, he sliced me root and stem, chanting all the while. I watched him burn my manly parts on a brazier. The flames turned blue, and I heard a voice answer his call, though I did not understand the words they spoke.

Regarding ice spiders:

"The tales go on to say they rode monstrous ice spiders and the horses of the dead, resurrected to serve them, just as they resurrected dead men to fight on their behalf. Whilst others made their way upriver to the cyclopean ruins of Yeen, haunt of ghouls and spiders. (Other word for Ghoul = undead)"

"Some accounts speak of giant ice spiders too. I don't know what those are. "

Davos I; How to cook Sister stew 
There's three kinds of crabs in there. Red crabs and spider crabs and conquerors. I won't eat spidercrab, except in sister's stew. Makes me feel half a cannibal." His lordship gestured at the banner hanging above the cold black hearth. A spider crab was embroidered there, white on a grey-green field." 

Red crabs is believed to represent the wights and conquerors is believed to be the Wight walkers, the spider crabs though... what are does? Something in between perhaps. Read this great topic: Red Crabs, Spiders and Conquerors - The Others revealed

Varys claim to pave the way for Aegon, but what if Khal Drogo and Daenarys and Viserys attack Westeros (this is the likeliest scenario set up)? I believe they hope Khal Drogo and his army will attack westeros and weaken it or even take it. Then you would have Aegon and Connington land with their Elephants (which are likely effective against Dothraki) and save the day.
This is what Illyrio believes anyway. 
Varys though...

As I wrote in the beginning it would strategically be better to let Stannis take KL. This would cause much more damage to the Lannister/Tyrell allience = making Aegons way easier. 

What if Varys is connected to "Blue flame magic" and this is why he choose to help stop Stannis as much as possible, because he cant have "red flame magic" given more power or influence. 

Why inflame the Starks and the Lannisters against each other? Would it be better and closer to make the Tyrells and Lannisters war against each other? That would be much closer to Aegons planned landing site and the amries would be of more equal size. Why involve the Starks as they are perfectly happy with just staying in the north? 

Varys have a liking to weakening the north and the nights watch.
Varys send a faceless man to the wall with Ned Stark, why? What is Jaqen going to do at the wall? Why send such a valuable assasin in a locked cage he cant open to the end of the world? What if he is supposed to kill Ned stark at the wall causing the North to dislike The Wall or worse. Or what if Ned and Jaqen both swears the Nights Watch vows and then Jaqen kill Ned? Wouldn't that make something happen to Old Nan´s claim that "The Others cannot pass while the men of the Nights Watch stays true".

The flames turned blue, and I heard a voice answer his call.

Well Varys. Blue flame = Ice Magic. This is why you couldnt let Stannis take KL. And the only time someone mentions a spider is either talking about Varys or the Others

"they rode monstrous ice spiders". When you "ride" somethin you are getting helped and someone else (horse or spider) is easing the way for you.

Varys I name you The ICE Spider

You are the giant ice spider helping the Others destabilizing Westeros. Every action you take is to make sure people do not look north to the Wall. You sent a faceless man to the wall, and you help the Lannisters and the Starks war against each other. What better way to make sure Ned Stark doesnt go north and have a chat with Mance Rayder (when we first meet Ned this is what he is thinking about), make sure everyone is looking south instead of North, occupied in The Game of Thrones instead of the real battle, The Game of Mankind.

Archived