MCU - X

Which Tyler

1 hour ago, Dragon in the North said:

I liked how they used Blockbuster to establish the time period.

I thought that was a bit mean.

Trailer itself is underwhelming. If that was DC movie trailer, everyone would be talking how crap it is.

For a teaser? Nah. It hit all the right notes for me, imagery-- three falls back to back, three getting back up, the theme music, etc

Truth be told though, I've been sold on this movie since I found out LeFauve and Boden were writing the screenplay.

I can hardly wait to see this, and see my daughters seeing it. Take my money.

I liked it.  :dunno: 

Don't know much about the character.  Other than being super strong and being in outer space... is there a defining character trait to expect as a theme for the movie?  It looks like persistence based on the trailer.

53 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I liked it.  :dunno: 

Don't know much about the character.  Other than being super strong and being in outer space... is there a defining character trait to expect as a theme for the movie?  It looks like persistence based on the trailer.

Persistence pretty much sums Carol up. She'll inevitably be compared to Wonder Woman, but she's a totally different aesthetic. Carol is a bruiser. She's brash. She's a leader, not so much because she's exceptionally eloquent or tactful, but because you know she'll get the job done. The closing shots of the trailer exemplify what you get with her -- she falls down a lot, but she gets up a lot.

That trailer was awesome. From what I've read online Carol does have a memory loss plotline at some point. I think it can work pretty well to weave the backstory / origin into what looks like will be secret invasion front and center.

1 hour ago, Bastard of Boston said:

I love how it includes Carol's 'cat' in the corner.

Trailer for me hit all the right notes. The main thing to get across is that she's hard as fuck, which they did.

Stupid moment but I loved the punching an old lady, and that they didn't explain why. :lol: 

I've always loved the alien superpowers thing in Marvel, so really excited to see Kree / Skrulls properly.

The de-aging tech is getting absurdly good.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I love how it includes Carol's 'cat' in the corner.

Trailer for me hit all the right notes. The main thing to get across is that she's hard as fuck, which they did.

Stupid moment but I loved the punching an old lady, and that they didn't explain why. :lol: 

I've always loved the alien superpowers thing in Marvel, so really excited to see Kree / Skrulls properly.

The de-aging tech is getting absurdly good.

That is an awesome fucking poster.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

When I made that comment about the streaming service I didn't think it'd happen so soon.

Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service

It could either go extremely well or horribly wrong.

Further to the Captain Marvel trailer, there are quite a few people who expected more from the trailer and find it underwhelming / disappointing. I wonder what people were expecting? I'm kind of sick of trailers where you feel like you've seen all the good bits from the movie. So less is better from my perspective. It was enough to give us the main plot lines from the movie and show what kind of powers she has (though not revealing whether she can fly, though one might assume that since she fell into a Blockbuster maybe she can't fly). And the production values look good.

I don't actually want any more information and I will probably personally embargo any further trailers. I've seen enough, and now all I want to do is see the movie when it finally comes out.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

When I made that comment about the streaming service I didn't think it'd happen so soon.

Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service

And I bet these ones will be obviously attached to the films and even get a mention/appearance. A Loki miniseries has a lot of potential. I'm ho-hum about scarlet witch as she's never been that interesting a character. If they want to turn heads they should get Paul Bettany onboard and adapt the excellent vision comic from a couple of years ago.

Renner doing "Hawkguy" would also make great TV.

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Further to the Captain Marvel trailer, there are quite a few people who expected more from the trailer and find it underwhelming / disappointing. I wonder what people were expecting? I'm kind of sick of trailers where you feel like you've seen all the good bits from the movie. So less is better from my perspective.

It's not the information, it's the presentation. I do see what people like about this one with the three-timeframes falling/standing, but it just doesn't pop for me, and I guess for others. Some of the best teasers ever have a whole lot less information than this (which despite the title doesn't really fit what a teaser is).
That's not really an issue coz it's not the kind of trailer that makes me have any concern about the film- it's gonna be at least solid. And Marvel in particular do have history of uninspiring (for me) trailers for films that turned out to be really fun. But just going from the trailer, the other Captain Marvel (he's Marvel to me dammit!) stands out more, just for example. Without giving any more of the plot than this one.

Archived