MCU - X

Which Tyler

9 hours ago, red snow said:

And I bet these ones will be obviously attached to the films and even get a mention/appearance. A Loki miniseries has a lot of potential. I'm ho-hum about scarlet witch as she's never been that interesting a character. If they want to turn heads they should get Paul Bettany onboard and adapt the excellent vision comic from a couple of years ago.

Renner doing "Hawkguy" would also make great TV.

Yeah, since these are being made by Marvel Studios instead of the Pearmutter controlled TV branch. It'll be interesting to see what the Agents of Shield and Marvel Netflix people have to say about this once Marvel actually confirms it. They really should just retroactively establish that at least the Netflix shows are in a slightly alternate universe where like the avengers stopped the Chitauri invasion but most of them died in the process. 

It's just a shame about Spider-Man, I'd love to see him on TV but they'd need to make another deal with Sony and that probably makes it not worthwhile for them to do. 

I wonder if the Loki thing is a prequel or if his death is being undone? A prequel would be very limited without Hopkins and Helmsworth. Though for enough money they could probably convince them both to sign up. Or just get one of the other Helmsworths nobody will notice. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I wonder if the Loki thing is a prequel or if his death is being undone? A prequel would be very limited without Hopkins and Helmsworth. Though for enough money they could probably convince them both to sign up. Or just get one of the other Helmsworths nobody will notice

It worked for Asgard. :lol:

Ok, it worked in Loki's self-serving play...

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

I wonder if the Loki thing is a prequel or if his death is being undone? A prequel would be very limited without Hopkins and Helmsworth. Though for enough money they could probably convince them both to sign up. Or just get one of the other Helmsworths nobody will notice. 

I reckon they could do a prequel "adventures of Loki"-type thing not necessarily involving Odin and Thor if he ventures to other realms or out in space etc. Loki's an interesting character and fits the antihero mould of a lot of the TV series going around and he's pretty popular in the MCU. I was sad to see him go so early in Infinity War.

I suspect the Netflix shows will only become completely non canon with the MCU once the Disney films/shows completely contradict. Currently Disney has nothing to gain from doing so as they make money off the Netflix shows. But if they want those characters back unless there's a time-limit on the contract the only way is for Netflix to stop making them. Maybe Disney will then try and damage the Netflix shows by making it impossible they exist in the MCU. Obvious ways of doing this is to start using characters played by different actors. The other is to prominently use actors from the Netflix shows in the MCU. And I mean far more blatant than the actor who was the villain in Luke cage and had a scene in civil war. More like having Charlie Cox play moon knight for Disney. It'll be interesting to see how Disney plays it. It may just be the characters revert back to them in a few years anyway in which case they can role them in with a reboot in a way that doesn't make people wary of future TV shows in the MCU.

7 hours ago, HokieStone said:

So...the Captain Marvel trailer.  The scene in Earth orbit, where a spaceship is "decloaking"...is that a Quinjet in background, facing the decloaking ship?

Similar style, but we haven't seen one with turbines that size and shape before I don't think. So for an early prototype it'd work, not sure how I feel about them having casual space flight in the 90's though.

Is it just me or is Jude Law just a very villainous looking guy?

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Similar style, but we haven't seen one with turbines that size and shape before I don't think. So for an early prototype it'd work, not sure how I feel about them having casual space flight in the 90's though.

Is it just me or is Jude Law just a very villainous looking guy?

I'm surprised he hasn't played a villain more often. Although I guess when he isn't a villain he's usually an untrustworthy character. That said he was a very trustworthy Dr Watson.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Popular opinion is: 'Endgame' The D and G are pretty vague to me, but it's all that really fits.

'Avengers: Endgame' Doesn't really inspire me as a title.

Maybe not inspiring, but it makes sense. We're going to see the one in ??? million futures that Strange saw where our heroes win. "We're in the Endgame now."

That said, not sure why that title would be considered a spoiler. We all knew part 2 would be the end of part 1.

15 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So it's not Avengers: Assemble based on the 2 As that seem to be in the picture?

That could be slightly weird since the first film was already given that title for its UK release (apparently to avoid confusion with the Patrick Macnee/Diana Rigg Avengers TV series).

7 hours ago, williamjm said:

That could be slightly weird since the first film was already given that title for its UK release (apparently to avoid confusion with the Patrick Macnee/Diana Rigg Avengers TV series).

Not to mention the '98 film with Ray Fiennes and Uma Thurman

Archived