MCU - X

Which Tyler

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Wait, wait, wait all that bullshit about the title being a spoiler, and it's called Endgame??  So fucking stupid.

Feige has been out shooting down the title is a spoiler bullcrap for 8 months. The title being a spoiler was some offhand comment the internet picked up that snowballed into something stupid.

Edit: Feige the week after IW opened:

“When we announce the title I am not sure, but as I’ve probably said to you, it’s gotten completely blown out of proportion. It will just be a name and the reason to hold it back was to keep the attention on Infinity War. That backfired a little bit because now everyone thinks what’s the name of the next one gonna be? But it was really just to keep the focus [on Infinity War]. We did not want to call it Part One and Part Two. Although it will be quite evident that the films obviously connect, as all our films do, but this in particular connects very directly. And then we changed the Part One and Part Two, we said let’s just keep this Infinity War and we’ll talk about the next movie later."

Gosh I'm going to miss Chris Evan's Captain America. I really do hope we get one last confrontation between him and Red Skull though that seems like it might be anti-climactic for the scope of this movie.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how they treat Thanos in this one. He doesn't need to be as much of a main character as in part 1.

So, there's the part where Banner is looking at images of people that they assume are dead.  Scott Lang is front and center, but off the right is another picture, that morphs into Peter Parker.  Looks like it's Shuri at first.  I guess she didn't survive the snap.  So...wonder if M'Baku took up the Black Panther mantle...or if anyone did....

On 9/20/2018 at 9:38 AM, The BlackBear said:

Popular opinion is: 'Endgame' The D and G are pretty vague to me, but it's all that really fits.

'Avengers: Endgame' Doesn't really inspire me as a title.

The interwebs was right abotu Endgame being in the photo.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Maybe not.  Really, why should she?

It's like what, 5 planets over in the same solar system? Gotta think that's only like half a block away for these cross galaxy traveling in only 1 day spaceships they seem to have.

14 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, she is kind of a jerk.

That'd explain it.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, she is kind of a jerk.

I'm guessing either Cpt Marvel or Pepper will rescue him, but who knows.

Definitely Pepper. There have been hints about the Rescure armour appearing before, and why else would it?

Best guess is that the Tony stuff from the trailer is very early in the movie. Pepper rescues him, then we get the meat of the movie before Tony and the rest finally sacrifice themselves at the end.

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

The stuff with Loius and his gang is the only stuff I can remeber. The rest was some generic lets rescue the damsel stuff, and um, some ants? I think there were ants.

There was a lot of fun stuff in that movie, and I'm going to say it's another one that deserves recognition. Not in terms of awards but in terms of a film that does exactly what it set out to do. It's a fun chase-the-McGuffin movie with low stakes and good humour. And I think it avoids the 'rescue the damsel' tag. Janet is never portrayed as a helpless female, Hope is as much or more the protagonist as Hank is, there are good female characters all round including the antagonist, this just isn't a film that one can label 'sexist' IMO.

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

First question should be why is Tony stuck in space? What Nebula couldn't give him a ride back to Earth?

I forget how Nebula got there, but there’s nothing in what Tony says that means he’s necessarily by himself. They could have both pooled resources to get the Guardians ship going, and now they’re running out of food / water. Also there’s a shot of a blue hand stroking some clothes or a shoulder? But I’m not sure who they are.

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

There's conflicting info on if Shuri survived the snap and is just missing or not. *shrug*

Thing is, they were all right there in Wakanda when the snap happened, unless she intentionally snuck off then it’s hard to see why they wouldn’t have found her.

2 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I forget how Nebula got there, but there’s nothing in what Tony says that means he’s necessarily by himself. They could have both pooled resources to get the Guardians ship going, and now they’re running out of food / water. Also there’s a shot of a blue hand stroking some clothes or a shoulder? But I’m not sure who they are.

As far as we know The Guardian's ship is landed somewhere safe and sound with no damage done. Nebula crashed her ship into Thanos when she arrived. 

33 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Also there’s a shot of a blue hand stroking some clothes or a shoulder? But I’m not sure who they are. 

io9 points out that this appears to be Nebula and Tony. The shots they clip do make it clear that both are on board the Guardians' ship. So Nebula and Tony escape together.

27 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m not familiar with the Rescue armour, what exactly does it do that an unmanned suit couldn’t? 

Well, presumably Tony isn't able to summon an unmanned suit, but if Pepper finds the Rescue armour she can go looking for him. So it's not what the armour can do that an unmanned suit can't, but what Pepper can do that it can't: act independently.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

Definitely Pepper. There have been hints about the Rescure armour appearing before, and why else would it?

Best guess is that the Tony stuff from the trailer is very early in the movie. Pepper rescues him, then we get the meat of the movie before Tony and the rest finally sacrifice themselves at the end.

There was a lot of fun stuff in that movie, and I'm going to say it's another one that deserves recognition. Not in terms of awards but in terms of a film that does exactly what it set out to do. It's a fun chase-the-McGuffin movie with low stakes and good humour. And I think it avoids the 'rescue the damsel' tag. Janet is never portrayed as a helpless female, Hope is as much or more the protagonist as Hank is, there are good female characters all round including the antagonist, this just isn't a film that one can label 'sexist' IMO.

I didn’t think Ant man and the Wasp was bad, just distinctly average. But then again I have a lot less investment in these films and characters than most of the people in this thread

31 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I didn’t think Ant man and the Wasp was bad, just distinctly average. But then again I have a lot less investment in these films and characters than most of the people in this thread

Ant man & the Wasp knew what it was though. Just like Ant Man it was a smaller scale movie that wasn't really trying to break any boundaries (though I wonder if the Edgar Wright version would have). I just see them as mildly entertaining fluff movies that are pretty predictable and entertaining. But they are at the very least competent.

Archived