MCU - X

Which Tyler

31 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

But... aren't you British?

You're supposed to understand sarcasm.

We're not upset with you; we're just... disappointed.

I've let you down, I've let the board down, but most of all I've let myself down.

In my defense I have a cold, I'd just woken up, and it was a very... long post. :leaving:

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I've let you down, I've let the board down, but most of all I've let myself down.

In my defense I have a cold, I'd just woken up, and it was a very... long post. :leaving:

Don't forget you've let the nation down. How will we survive Brexit without a sense of sarcasm?

That cold that's going around is a pain. It feels like I've had no nostrils for almost a week now.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Oh gods... man-flu... you poor thing. Go and have a lie down, I'll bring you a hot toddy and a blanket - is there anything else we can do? Would you like me to call work for you and explain?

18 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Oh gods... man-flu... you poor thing. Go and have a lie down, I'll bring you a hot toddy and a blanket - is there anything else we can do? Would you like me to call work for you and explain?

That'd be lovely actually.

Spoiler

I bought ice cream to make myself feel better.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I've had no nostrils for almost a week now.

Actually serious point: Olbas Oil. Stick a few drops in a cup of boiling water and keep it by your bed, when you sleep. It's like napalm for your sinus'.

14 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hide contents

Actually serious point: Olbas Oil. Stick a few drops in a cup of boiling water and keep it by your bed, when you sleep. It's like napalm for your sinus'.

Used to use that all the time when I was little.  My chiropractor sold it.  Haven't seen it for years.  Didn't know it was still around.

18 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

What? No. Never!

In my life I have met exactly three, count 'em, three, Brits. And they have left me with a 95% favorability rating of the people.

And now you're trying to lose another half percentage by apologizing for something you have nothing to apologize for? It cannot stand! You were sick, you had just woken up, and it was a long post (perfectly valid reasons).

Apologize for nothing!

18 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Reveal hidden contents

I need to invest in some more. Sometimes put some in the bath as well and then bathroom is like a sinus liberating sauna. Key is not to put too much in.

4 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

What? No. Never!

In my life I have met exactly three, count 'em, three, Brits. And they have left me with a 95% favorability rating of the people.

And now you're trying to lose another half percentage by for something you have nothing to apologize for? It cannot stand! You were sick, you had just woken up, and it was a long post (perfectly valid reasons).

Apologize for nothing!

I mean this bolder is just Brits in a nutshell so...

We're all sorry, Brits are the only nation in the world who can manage 3 apologies* and 1 "fuck you" in a single sentence without blinking.

We'll also never say "have a nice day" without it being perfectly clear that we actually meant "fuck off and die... please"

*Exaggeration for effect

Fuck Marvel.

Earlier this week, Wendig reported that he discovered on Monday that his Twitter account had been temporarily suspended, which lasted for five hours. He suspects it was due to a tweetstorm about civility in the aftermath of the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh that went viral. It earned him the ire of numerous right-wing personalities, along with threats and calls for him to be fired from his Star Wars gigs, misconstruing his tweets as a literal call for violence.

Wendig’s firing sets a disturbing precedent for creators, and it specifically recalls the firing of James Gunn from his director’s position on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after a right-wing troll campaign churned up some offensive tweets that he posted a decade ago. While Wendig notes that this appears to have been Marvel’s call, there are stark similarities and a concerning takeaway: entertainment companies will cave to bad-faith campaigns if the volume is cranked up high enough. While a source close to the matter noted that online campaigning for Wendig’s ouster from the franchise didn’t figure into the decision, it’s impossible to see those circles claim it as anything but a victory.

Wendig should go work for DC with James Gunn. Take over the goddamn mothafuckin' world.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Fuck Marvel.

Wendig should go work for DC with James Gunn. Take over the goddamn mothafuckin' world.

That sucks. But it's less surprising than the Gunn thing. This time it was Marvel Comics (still run by Trump's old buddy Pearlmutter who is by all accounts a huge piece of shit) not Marvel Studios. 

58 minutes ago, RumHam said:

That sucks. But it's less surprising than the Gunn thing. This time it was Marvel Comics (still run by Trump's old buddy Pearlmutter who is by all accounts a huge piece of shit) not Marvel Studios. 

Is it less surprising? Unless you're a misogynistic, racist, homophobe, Chuck is definitely one of the good guys. His only crime here is having quite the potty mouth. He's not made rape jokes or mocked the disabled. He called out a bunch of evil, self-serving assholes, and dared to write a gay character into the SW universe.

Disney and Marvel are setting some very dangerous precedents here. 

40 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is it less surprising? Unless you're a misogynistic, racist, homophobe, Chuck is definitely one of the good guys. His only crime here is having quite the potty mouth. He's not made rape jokes or mocked the disabled. He called out a bunch of evil, self-serving assholes, and dared to write a gay character into the SW universe.

Disney and Marvel are setting some very dangerous precedents here. 

Only cause the guy in charge is a known asshole who is close with Trump. 

Unfortunately, we are in the throes of “comicsgate”, which, like with gamergate and sad puppies before it, means racist and misogynist douchenozzles are going to be putting a lot of pressure on them. Since they cave so easily, I expect it to get worse.

Archived