Which questions need to be answered in season 8?

alienarea

On 9/14/2018 at 9:21 AM, btfu806 said:

Who was the younger more beautiful queen?

Why are there WW, what is their purpose?

Why did Jaquen (not really Jaquen) not care that Arya killed his star pupil and just left....

Is Edmure still locked in a prison somewhere? Someone should probably get him...

- Dany

- WW were created by the COTF to kill men.

- It's all the same to the Many-Faced God. Arya is the star pupil and she will bring the gift to many. 

- In Riverrun or a Lanister camp close by.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, Error-504 said:

My guess is the wall was constructed to repel one type of magic, and the Dragon used another type of magic.

I agree. Dragon are magical and can overcome the magic protecting the wall. Simple as that. I don't see a problem here.

I took it as when the white walker touched bran the magic barrier went poof. The night king simply used the dragon to make a big hole as that was far simpler then climbing the wall or hacking through the gates. 

I always wondered why the white walkers didnt just freeze the sea and walk around.

Or now that i think about it the wights went underwater to hook chains to the dragon, couldn't they have just waded out in the sea and walked around the wall ?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

Good question. In ADwD, Bran says that Old Nan was saying "The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true". So, there's a theory that the NW murdering the LC has weakened the Wall's magic.

But I suppose D&D just wanted a dragon blowing up the Wall.

The horn is the legend that can bring down the Wall.  There is every chance that horn is actually the dragon binder horn and that someone will use it to control a dragon to bring the Wall down.

LC's have been murdered before.

Back to the title question:

Apart from the obvious pivotal question, whether the Iron throne will be destroyed or who will sit on the Iron throne at the end, the most important background questions for me are

(1) Who is the Night Kind and what is all this about? There need to be a good explanation, why the Night King exists and what he wants.

(2) What is all this three-eyed raven about? Why does such a person exists and why only one? How was Brans destiny to be the three-eyed raven determined?

Archived