Does Roose love Ramsay ?

Ellard Stark

On 9/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, John Suburbs said:

Roose doesn't love anybody. He is thousands of years old, so to him all humans, even his own children, are like mice to us: they come and go and simply breed more mice. Lady Dustin has it right, but even she does not fully understand why:

Is there anything in the books to back up him being so old?

On 9/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, hodorisfaclessman said:

I feel hes sent him out to stannis to die really

He got his training from bloody Reek (the original one)-

"Roose: He should have been content to grind corn. Does he truly think that he can ever rule the north?
Reek: He fights for you, he’s strong.
Roose: Bulls are strong. Bears. I have seen my bastard fight. He is not entirely to blame. Reek was his tutor, the first Reek, and Reek was never trained at arms. Ramsay is ferocious, I will grant you, but he swings that sword like a butcher hacking meat.
Reek: He’s not afraid of anyone, m’lord.
Roose: He should be. Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit. Even here in Barrowton the crows are circling, waiting to feast upon our flesh. The Cerwyns and the Tallharts are not to be relied on, my fat friend Lord Wymanplots betrayal, and Whoresbane … the Umbers may seem simple, but they are not without a certain low cunning. Ramsay should fear them all, as I do. The next time you see him, tell him that."

No fear and no proper training? It doesn't seem likely Ramsay would last long against Stannis' best. I've got my own fantasy death for Ramsay where a random man at arms on his side drives a spear through his head as revenge for having his sister "hunted". 

3 hours ago, mankytoes said:

No fear and no proper training? It doesn't seem likely Ramsay would last long against Stannis' best. I've got my own fantasy death for Ramsay where a random man at arms on his side drives a spear through his head as revenge for having his sister "hunted". 

"...there would be no castles or keeps for the Leechman's son, only a wildling's sword in his gut and an unmarked grave." - ASOS prologue.

I don't know if I got the text exact but close enough.

4 hours ago, mankytoes said:

He got his training from bloody Reek (the original one)-

"Roose: He should have been content to grind corn. Does he truly think that he can ever rule the north?
Reek: He fights for you, he’s strong.
Roose: Bulls are strong. Bears. I have seen my bastard fight. He is not entirely to blame. Reek was his tutor, the first Reek, and Reek was never trained at arms. Ramsay is ferocious, I will grant you, but he swings that sword like a butcher hacking meat.
Reek: He’s not afraid of anyone, m’lord.
Roose: He should be. Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit. Even here in Barrowton the crows are circling, waiting to feast upon our flesh. The Cerwyns and the Tallharts are not to be relied on, my fat friend Lord Wymanplots betrayal, and Whoresbane … the Umbers may seem simple, but they are not without a certain low cunning. Ramsay should fear them all, as I do. The next time you see him, tell him that."

Yeah hes fucked if he goes up against roose whos properly trained

12 hours ago, Rufus Snow said:

There are those who believe so... it's generally known as the 'Bolt-On theory' - a forum search should help you out, if you really want to go there ;)

Well that is an interesting theory indeed! I suppose one could read it that way.

Archived