Sign in to follow this  
davos

US Politics: Donnie and the Mystery of the Anonymous Op-Ed

24 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

The problem is, everyone can be credibly accused of something bad. Especially when it's said to have happened more than three decades ago.
By that standard, no one could be appointed to the SCOTUS ever again.

There's a big difference between "something bad" and rape. I didn't say anyone credibly accused of something bad. I'm talking about rape, though I'm perfectly willing to include other crimes like murder and assault in there as well.

Do you really not see the problem here? What happens next time a Democratic president gets a SCOTUS pick? Or gets to make any appointment that the other side sees as crucial? Surely you can see that accusations should be a bit more than "credible."

No I don't, at least not with what I'm actually arguing rather than what you say I'm arguing.

Good grief I've partied so much myself that I could be "credibly" accused of a shitload of stuff. By your standard I would certainly never get a political appointment...

If there's a credible accusation of rape against you no you should not get a political appointment.

Is the issue here that we have different definitions of credible?

14 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

though I'm perfectly willing to include other crimes like murder and assault in there as well.

Gonna be a contrarian here, but "assault" is a pretty broad charge.  Definitely know there's people out there that would say I "assaulted" them in high school and college.  Luckily they all are male.  Wait..

And as for murder, swear there was nothing, other than ol' Dearborn, Michigan..

Anyway, @Rippounet has a point that these things should be subject to scrutiny from both sides.  However, what is not being emphasized is that's exactly what the Dems are trying to do in attempting to allow - or in some cases compel - further testimony.  And the Republicans are stonewalling it.  That's the story, guys.

All I know is my assault these days would not be defined as aggravated by any objective means.