Jump to content
DisneyDoc2425

Sansa's first impressions of Daenerys?

Recommended Posts

HBO recently released a brief 2 second Promo video component for GOT Season 8 featuring Jon being embraced by Sansa upon his return to Winterfell. Sansa is clearly staring at someone/something during the embrace and she doesn't appear to me to have a happy look on her face. IMHO she must be staring at Daenerys. So what thoughts/feelings, besides anger, do people feel she is experiencing as she sees for the first time the beautiful young woman her "brother" has just recently bended his knee to? It looks to me like HBO is teasing us about the conflict most of us have assumed was going to occur between the three of them in season 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, DisneyDoc2425 said:

HBO recently released a brief 2 second Promo video component for GOT Season 8 featuring Jon being embraced by Sansa upon his return to Winterfell. Sansa is clearly staring at someone/something during the embrace and she doesn't appear to me to have a happy look on her face. IMHO she must be staring at Daenerys. So what thoughts/feelings, besides anger, do people feel she is experiencing as she sees for the first time the beautiful young woman her "brother" has just recently bended his knee to? It looks to me like HBO is teasing us about the conflict most of us have assumed was going to occur between the three of them in season 8. 

Who is this woman and is she any different than her father that murdered my grandfather and uncle is what she is probably thinking and did my brother just bend the knee because she is attractive.

This conflict though I think will be quickly resolved and Sansa is going to be the one to argue they need to marry. Not for nothing did LF mention them getting married to Sansa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jcmontea said:

This conflict though I think will be quickly resolved and Sansa is going to be the one to argue they need to marry. Not for nothing did LF mention them getting married to Sansa

Perhaps they decide to marry at White Harbor before they get to Winterfell with the idea being a marriage between two Houses would soften the blow when Jon divulges he has bent the knee to Daenerys in their meeting with the Northern Lords. This was commonly done in the past in Westeros. Just a wild idea.

Edited by DisneyDoc2425
Needed to clarify issue was Jon bending his knee in meeting with Northern Lords

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Who is this woman and is she any different than her father that murdered my grandfather and uncle is what she is probably thinking and did my brother just bend the knee because she is attractive.

This conflict though I think will be quickly resolved and Sansa is going to be the one to argue they need to marry. Not for nothing did LF mention them getting married to Sansa

I wonder what the story would be like if LF was still alive, and what he would do if he knew the WW's invasion was for real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First she’s going to angst like a bad soap opera about how to sell this to the other Northerners so everything doesn’t fall apart. But then reality hits when the Others attack and it’ll be ”YEAH! DRAGONS!” and all will be cool.

Basically what always happens in the show: set up conflict because that’s easy and gets people hooked and then throw in a convenient plot device with lots of CGI for maximum distraction so they don't have to write a compelling resolution to said conflict because that would be hard and require actual thought and work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would she be happy with Dany? What have the Targs done for the Starks really? That Wyght Hunt was one of the biggest Dumbass Circus Bullshit anyone ever conjured on any show. That was for Cersei and who gives a damn, Roast the Red Keep with her in it and be done with it. Now, the Question I have is will BranBot2018 and Sam tell Arya and Sansa that Jon is not their half-brother but is a Targaryen by Lyanna and Rheagar before Jon, Dany and the rest arrive in Winterfell. And Jon just gave away the North after all that Robb and they have gone though. It just stinks the high heaven from Sansa's point of view and who knows what Arya thinks.   I personally be pissed off if Sansa and Arya curtsy to the Arrogant-Inbred Bitch. It is bad enough that I am sure that Sansa will be written to honor that sanctimoniously disgusting Little Mr Small Shoes Tyrion in some way. As if her ridiculously honoring him before her raping time began was enough. 

 

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 3:53 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Why would she be happy with Dany? What have the Targs done for the Starks really? That Wyght Hunt was one of the biggest Dumbass Circus Bullshit anyone ever conjured on any show. That was for Cersei and who gives a damn, Roast the Red Keep with her in it and be done with it. Now, the Question I have is will BranBot2018 and Sam tell Arya and Sansa that Jon is not their half-brother but is a Targaryen by Lyanna and Rheagar before Jon, Dany and the rest arrive in Winterfell. And Jon just gave away the North after all that Robb and they have gone though. It just stinks the high heaven from Sansa's point of view and who knows what Arya thinks.   I personally be pissed off if Sansa and Arya curtsy to the Arrogant-Inbred Bitch. It is bad enough that I am sure that Sansa will be written to honor that sanctimoniously disgusting Little Mr Small Shoes Tyrion in some way. As if her ridiculously honoring him before her raping time began was enough. 

 

I don't understand why Bran couldn't have just told Sansa and Arya about Jon's parentage when he arrived at Winterfell, instead of telling Sansa how nice she looked the night she was married and raped, plus that Bran thinks it's important for Jon to be the King on the Iron Throne. Priorities, you know. Jon doesn't care about the Iron Throne, he cares about defeating the Night King.

I'm also curious what the Northern Lords in general will think of Daenerys and Jon's relationship, considering what happened the last time a Stark fell in love with a woman from Essos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, Angel Eyes said:

I don't understand why Bran couldn't have just told Sansa and Arya about Jon's parentage when he arrived at Winterfell, instead of telling Sansa how nice she looked the night she was married and raped, plus that Bran thinks it's important for Jon to be the King on the Iron Throne. Priorities, you know. Jon doesn't care about the Iron Throne, he cares about defeating the Night King.

I'm also curious what the Northern Lords in general will think of Daenerys and Jon's relationship, considering what happened the last time a Stark fell in love with a woman from Essos

Bran was sort of taunting Sansa for acting as though she had no choice in marrying Ramsay, reminding her that she dressed up and looked her very best for the husband that she was, according to the show writers, "looking forward to raising a family in Winterfell with". Hence, her paranoia about the letter retrieved by LF and discovered by Arya. That all came to nothing but that was just Bran putting Sansa in her place by letter her know that he "knows" that she was not dragged to the Heart tree and then the marriage bed in chains, she went willingly.  The Northern Lords lost many of their kin to the Targs but for this show, they will probably all fall in line nice and neat. They should all kick the Dwarf around the room like a soccer ball just for being a Lannister but they will honor him for not raping Sansa...….  and being on "their side". That I guaranty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best answer to this question is "Who cares?"

 

Better question is, how will Bran react? if he is fine with it, and after Sansa and Arya relied on Bran for the LF trial, isn't that all that should really matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, Error-504 said:

Best answer to this question is "Who cares?"

 

Better question is, how will Bran react? if he is fine with it, and after Sansa and Arya relied on Bran for the LF trial, isn't that all that should really matter?

He could cause some conflict by saying that Jon’s the true heir to the Iron Throne. Trouble is, Daenerys got dragons and she could easily roast Jon and/or Bran alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

He could cause some conflict by saying that Jon’s the true heir to the Iron Throne. Trouble is, Daenerys got dragons and she could easily roast Jon and/or Bran alive. 

If it were as simple as targ bloodlines, why does Dany have to defeat Cersei to take the Iron throne? Why does she have more of a claim to the throne than Gendry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

If it were as simple as targ bloodlines, why does Dany have to defeat Cersei to take the Iron throne? Why does she have more of a claim to the throne than Gendry?

Because Cersei’s the person who presently sits the Iron Throne. Gendry’s a bastard with no definitive way to prove his heritage, so he has no claim unless he’s legitimized. Cersei will never legitimize him, and Daenerys would think of him as a threat because he has Baratheon blood, the only source of it left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

Because Cersei’s the person who presently sits the Iron Throne. Gendry’s a bastard with no definitive way to prove his heritage, so he has no claim unless he’s legitimized. Cersei will never legitimize him, and Daenerys would think of him as a threat because he has Baratheon blood, the only source of it left. 

And Jon could legitimize him, there are theory's that he is actually a son of Cersei, and Bran could prove his heritage just as he is needed to prove Jon's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Sansa will help Jon out of his predicament and play kingmaker, to Dany's ire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 9/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Jon doesn't care about the Iron Throne, he cares about defeating the Night King.

I'm also curious what the Northern Lords in general will think of Daenerys and Jon's relationship, considering what happened the last time a Stark fell in love with a woman from Essos

As soon as he becomes heir and it's public, he has to care because people will want him dead. Its like Sansa telling Jon they'll never be safe as long as Ramsay wants to kill every threat to his hold on Winterfell. It was the same with Sansa alone in KL, and Bran and Rickon alone in Winterfell. He's vulnerable. If he wants to keep his family safe he has to play the game.

Jon making Robb's same mistake AND bending the knee is one reason why he cant help Dany with her persuit of the Iron Throne. The Northerners would be so pissed, he'd no longer have an ability to act like a Torhen figure and a marriage doesn't help her win the North because they'd tell them both to fuck right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keep Shelly in Athens said:

As soon as he becomes heir and it's public, he has to care because people will want him dead. Its like Sansa telling Jon they'll never be safe as long as Ramsay wants to kill every threat to his hold on Winterfell. It was the same with Sansa alone in KL, and Bran and Rickon alone in Winterfell. He's vulnerable. If he wants to keep his family safe he has to play the game.

Jon making Robb's same mistake AND bending the knee is one reason why he cant help Dany with her persuit of the Iron Throne. The Northerners would be so pissed, he'd no longer have an ability to act like a Torhen figure and a marriage doesn't help her win the North because they'd tell them both to fuck right off.

Jon's bending the knee to Daenerys becomes moot once his true heritage is revealed as it was given under false pretenses. D&D in their end of season 7 commentaries reported that once Jon's true heritage is revealed it is going to have a significant impact upon the way Jon views himself and how others view him. I am aware that many people feel he will still defer to Daenerys even when the truth is revealed but perhaps he will finally rise above his bastard inferiority complex and respond differently. Jon is honest to a fault and to just assume he will essentially give up his true heritage may not be something he would be guaranteed to do. Now I don't feel necessarily that he would immediately require Daenerys to bend the knee to him but I feel he probably would be open to a compromise arrangement with his Aunt, whom he seems to love. The key in this scenario is Daenerys' response once she becomes aware of the truth. Whether she would be open to compromise is the question. If her true motivation in invading is to "break the wheel" for the people of Westeros and restore Targaryen rule to Westeros then compromise would be the most opportunistic thing to do. If she is not willing to compromise then her true motivation would appear to be otherwise. Just another perspective. Who knows what will really happen.

Edited by DisneyDoc2425

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

True, that's possible, but I dont really see Dany thinking rationally with a compromise. Ms. "they can live in my new world or die," "bend the knee or die" and "I will return your city to the dirt" doesnt really have "compromise" in her vocabulary.

Plus, from a writers standpoint they want to increase conflict, not deflate it.

Dany thinks in absolutes. Thats why I think Dany will give Jon an ultimatum: he will help her restore the Targ dynasty to its former glory, he will break the wheel (that includes "breaking" Starks, remember?), he will marry his aunt and live in King's Landing, and he will send a Northern army south to help fight her war (Mance comes up again). 

So I could see Jon facing Dany's choice in  Dance... a wedding or a war. He didnt bother to offer a proposal before he fucked her so I dont think he particularly wants that Targ life, and especially not with his family member. Book Aegon serves as Jon's foil in this regard.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keep Shelly in Athens said:

True, that's possible, but I dont really see Dany thinking rationally with a compromise. Ms. "they can live in my new world or die," "bend the knee or die" and "I will return your city to the dirt" doesnt really have "compromise" in her vocabulary.

Plus, from a writers standpoint they want to increase conflict, not deflate it.

Dany thinks in absolutes. Thats why I think Dany will give Jon an ultimatum: he will help her restore the Targ dynasty to its former glory, he will break the wheel (that includes "breaking" Starks, remember?), he will marry his aunt and live in King's Landing, and he will send a Northern army south to help fight her war (Mance comes up again). 

So I could see Jon facing Dany's choice in  Dance... a wedding or a war. He didnt bother to offer a proposal before he fucked her so I dont think he particularly wants that Targ life, and especially not with his family member. Book Aegon serves as Jon's foil in this regard.

My main interest in posting what I did was to present the perspective that perhaps Jon will not just continue to defer to Daenerys once he learns of his true parentage (like it seems many people seem to think). I was also just presenting the idea that probably the most opportunistic (and what would make most sense politically) way for Daenerys to respond would be to compromise with Jon. Do I believe this will happen, probably not, because of the exact reason you mentioned (it would reduce the potential for conflict). But I also feel that if Jon just continues to defer to Daenerys that this also would reduce conflict, not increase it (which would appear to be somewhat inconsistent IMHO with what the writers seemed to indicate was going to happen). So the bottom line here is that to increase conflict Jon will not continue to defer to Daenerys and she will not agree to compromise. If the conflict goes to the extreme it certainly is possible Jon and Daenerys could end up fighting each other (rather than the NK) in the final Dance of Dragons (what a twist from what is expected). Somehow, however, I don't feel it will go to this extreme. At the end of all the battles in all probability Daenerys will have little army left and no dragons, so her leverage over Jon and the rest of Westeros would be minimal. She then may be the one who is forced to compromise, not Jon. Of course this is assuming they are both still alive at the end of all the battles (certainly not guaranteed). So in summary I basically agree with most all of your post. But really we don't know what is going to happen. That why its so exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keep Shelly in Athens said:

As soon as he becomes heir and it's public, he has to care because people will want him dead. Its like Sansa telling Jon they'll never be safe as long as Ramsay wants to kill every threat to his hold on Winterfell. It was the same with Sansa alone in KL, and Bran and Rickon alone in Winterfell. He's vulnerable. If he wants to keep his family safe he has to play the game.

Jon making Robb's same mistake AND bending the knee is one reason why he cant help Dany with her persuit of the Iron Throne. The Northerners would be so pissed, he'd no longer have an ability to act like a Torhen figure and a marriage doesn't help her win the North because they'd tell them both to fuck right off.

So, with the WW's about to attack WF, and doom near certain, the Northerners are going to be pissed at Jon for bending the knee to Dany, whose help might actually give them a fighting chance to live?

Do you also forget Jorah was on the White Hunt, and seen the threat with his own eyes? 

Jamie shows up to WF and tells them Cersie is about to double cross them and attack as well?

Jon and Rob's "mistake" are not even close to being comparable. Stop with that. Jon wasn't already committed to marrying another. 

 

Really?

Edited by Qyburn's helper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×