Sansa's first impressions of Daenerys?

DisneyDoc2425

• 1 month later...

I cant imagine this going well. 

A character has never started out suspicious of someone then everything ended up going swimmingly. 

Sansa's agency is a big part of the story. Even if Dany is the nicest queen ever she doesn't want to be under any one's control ever again, especially not an outsider whose overall mission is to conquer all seven kingdoms.

Emergency Awesome made a nice observation about Sansa's hair in the crypt promo being like Dany's and that Sansa tends to style her hair like those she admires. Basically a big hint that any conflict is short-lived. ~8:15 in. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

I cant imagine this going well. 

A character has never started out suspicious of someone then everything ended up going swimmingly. 

Sansa's agency is a big part of the story. Even if Dany is the nicest queen ever she doesn't want to be under any one's control ever again, especially not an outsider whose overall mission is to conquer all seven kingdoms.

While the show may or may not make a big deal of this, when one thinks about it logically, there is no reason for Sansa not to support Dany, as she is a much better option that the alternative-Cersei. A Queen-Dany, an Ally on the throne leaving the North pretty much alone is a much better option than anything else that is feasible at the moment, unless Sansa is stupid enough to think the Northern forces can defeat first the WW's and then march to KL. 

I would say that Sansa was cool but respectful. She has no reason to prove anything to Daenerys given their family's history, (in fact, Dany need to demonstrate to the North she is not her father's daughter), being lukewarm is a reasonable attitude to have towards Dany.

I believe the imminent danger of attack by the Others will dominate the Sansa-Dany meeting and Sansa-Jon reunion. Dany bringing Dragons and offering a powerful and necessary force will be decisive. Defense, not politics.

More interesting will be if and when Sam and Bran will reveal Jon's true parentage and claim to the throne. How will Dany react? How the Northerners? Unpredictable. Again, defense can be more important than politics and the outcome of the war decide more than negotiations. Who will die, who wil survive?

On 2/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, Kajjo said:

I believe the imminent danger of attack by the Others will dominate the Sansa-Dany meeting and Sansa-Jon reunion. Dany bringing Dragons and offering a powerful and necessary force will be decisive. Defense, not politics.

More interesting will be if and when Sam and Bran will reveal Jon's true parentage and claim to the throne. How will Dany react? How the Northerners? Unpredictable. Again, defense can be more important than politics and the outcome of the war decide more than negotiations. Who will die, who wil survive?

I say the Northern Lords will look down on Daenerys for two big reasons:

• She's the daughter of the Mad King. The Mad King perverted the custom of Trial by Combat with the execution of Rickard and Brandon Stark and then called for Ned and Robert's heads, starting Robert's Rebellion (don't believe Bran when he says Robert's Rebellion was built on a lie, because he's a liar).
  • The last time a Northern Lord brought a foreign-born woman home (Robb marrying Talisa), it... ended poorly. Robett Glover refused to support Jon and Sansa in Season 6 because of what Robb did.

yeah its kind of bizarre how people think the whole story is just building up to Jon handing his crown to Dany and everything going swell after that. 

Jon: my people won't bend the knee after everything they've SUFFERED

Sansa: we clearly need to suffer more for Dany's sake, she is the main character after all and as a result she should get everything that we worked for!

*eyeroll*

On 1/25/2019 at 9:46 PM, Lollygag said:

Emergency Awesome made a nice observation about Sansa's hair in the crypt promo being like Dany's and that Sansa tends to style her hair like those she admires. Basically a big hint that any conflict is short-lived. ~8:15 in. 

Sophie's latest interview: “She created her own identity in season seven and that kind of runs through to season eight. She’s chosen how she wants her hair to be, and she’s finally the leader and influencer instead of being influenced by everyone else.”

So I think we can dismiss that theory.

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

yeah its kind of bizarre how people think the whole story is just building up to Jon handing his crown to Dany and everything going swell after that. 

Jon: my people won't bend the knee after everything they've SUFFERED

Sansa: we clearly need to suffer more for Dany's sake, she is the main character after all and as a result she should get everything that we worked for!

*eyeroll*

I thought it would be reverse.

20 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

I say the Northern Lords will look down on Daenerys for two big reasons:

• She's the daughter of the Mad King. The Mad King perverted the custom of Trial by Combat with the execution of Rickard and Brandon Stark and then called for Ned and Robert's heads, starting Robert's Rebellion (don't believe Bran when he says Robert's Rebellion was built on a lie, because he's a liar).
  • The last time a Northern Lord brought a foreign-born woman home (Robb marrying Talisa), it... ended poorly. Robett Glover refused to support Jon and Sansa in Season 6 because of what Robb did.

SMH

How would it end for the North without Dany's help? that is the only question you need to answer, the rest is pretty much useless. 

Dany has lost one of here beloved dragons saving Jon's butt, tried to negotiate a truce with Cersei to help the North, has given up her quest for the crown at the flip of a switch to come to the North's aid, and did it all while not requiring Jon to bend a knee. What else does she have to do to show the North she is a worthy ruler?  

7 hours ago, Error-504 said:

SMH

How would it end for the North without Dany's help? that is the only question you need to answer, the rest is pretty much useless. 

Dany has lost one of here beloved dragons saving Jon's butt, tried to negotiate a truce with Cersei to help the North, has given up her quest for the crown at the flip of a switch to come to the North's aid, and did it all while not requiring Jon to bend a knee. What else does she have to do to show the North she is a worthy ruler?  

SMH?

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

Sophie's latest interview: “She created her own identity in season seven and that kind of runs through to season eight. She’s chosen how she wants her hair to be, and she’s finally the leader and influencer instead of being influenced by everyone else.”

So I think we can dismiss that theory.

Sophie's said so much nonsense and trolls so much that if she said the sky was blue and the grass was green, I'd still go out and take a look for myself. 

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Sophie's said so much nonsense and trolls so much that if she said the sky was blue and the grass was green, I'd still go out and take a look for myself. 

I liked her quote and hope its true. 

She's saying Sansa isn't an impressionable little girl anymore, someone who is so unsure of herself she has to copy someone else. 

Plus it's a step backward for her character to be copying another queen who just showed up to rule over them.

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I liked her quote and hope its true. 

She's saying Sansa isn't an impressionable little girl anymore, someone who is so unsure of herself she has to copy someone else. 

Plus it's a step backward for her character to be copying another queen who just showed up to rule over them.

Good points. I like this too, but my faith in D&D's character writing is nil. I see them doing some cheap teen soap drama and then diffusing it in a stupid way so that they don't actually have to write anything compelling which is what they typically do nowadays.

But hopefully you're right and I'm not. :cheers:

On 2/11/2019 at 4:37 AM, Lollygag said:

Sansa's S8 hair is similar to her season 7 style, but slightly more elaborate. It is a typical northern style, which has at times been worn by Lyanna Stark and Cat. The only difference is Sansa has an additional braid. If anything, Dany is copying the northern style to try and fit in.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:12 AM, Mandzipop said:

Sansa's S8 hair is similar to her season 7 style, but slightly more elaborate. It is a typical northern style, which has at times been worn by Lyanna Stark and Cat. The only difference is Sansa has an additional braid. If anything, Dany is copying the northern style to try and fit in.

Dany has never been to the north, how would she know thier hairstyle to copy? 

4 hours ago, Bradam said:

Dany has never been to the north, how would she know thier hairstyle to copy? 

This is in response to Emergency Awesome stating Sansa is copying Dany's hair because she admires Dany.

I reckon that's a load of rubbish as Sansa was wearing almost the same hairstyle in S7 and she hadn't even met Dany at that point, so how could she have been copying Dany? Dany has advisors from Westeros who can explain the various Westeros fashions.

So my comment is a dig at Emergency Awesome. Trying to find a story where there is none.

Archived