Wow small things that could be huge

hodorisfaclessman

On reread im strick by the sheer volume of corpses westeros is now littered with ...who feels this could be a factor when the ww come south and raise the dead?

Jamie mentions in his last sparring with payne he only woulda died  like twice ...when it used to be a dozen or so times a night ...who feels jamies instincts will finaly adjust  in wow like the halfhands?

The horn that can break the wall....gone or not?

I think the horn that can break the magical seal of the Wall is in Oldtown with Sam. Of course, if Euron gets his hands on it...

Yes, I would agree on the amount of intact corpses that haven't been burned or torn to pieces. It's going to be absolutely horrific. Like something out of the Walking Dead. Although I will laugh at the irony should Cersei or Tyrion come face-to-face with their zombie father and mother.

at the Wall - dogsleds.

Jon had never seen one before. They might come in handy.

in the Vale - Oswell Kettleblack

All three of his sons have been arrested in KL. He will no doubt expect LF to do something about that. LF is not likely to be interested. He will have Lothor Brune kill Oswell. But remember the power dynamics of LF's people - Brune keeps an eye on Kettleblack, and Kettleblack keeps an eye on Brune. This will free Brune from constraint. He's in love with Mya Stone, and is not all that bad of a chap. He will be open for recruitment to Sansa's developing power base. Plus he's a Brune from Crackclaw Point, and all those Crackclaw Pointers are good dragon men.

in KL - Ser Humphrey Waters, the new Commander of the City Watch.

Whose side will he take?

in Braavos - The Holy Refuge - aka The Warren, home to abandoned gods.

Any chance it is home to a weirwood heart tree? If we assume that the Gates of the Moon has a godswood, both Sansa and Arya might be near heart trees for the first time since they left Winterfell. Time for a Stark Family Conference Call by Bran?

4 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Any chance it is home to a weirwood heart tree? If we assume that the Gates of the Moon has a godswood, both Sansa and Arya might be near heart trees for the first time since they left Winterfell. Time for a Stark Family Conference Call by Bran?

Arya had a chat w/ the heart tree at Harrenhal. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Arya had a chat w/ the heart tree at Harrenhal. 

Perhaps I was not clear. Both Sansa and Arya could be near heart trees at the same time. The Red Keep heart tree was an oak, IIRC, and the soil at the Eyrie was too thin to support a weirwood.

15 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Perhaps I was not clear. Both Sansa and Arya could be near heart trees at the same time. The Red Keep heart tree was an oak, IIRC, and the soil at the Eyrie was too thin to support a weirwood.

Gotcha. I misread your post. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jabar of House Titan said:

I think the horn that can break the magical seal of the Wall is in Oldtown with Sam. Of course, if Euron gets his hands on it...

Yes, I would agree on the amount of intact corpses that haven't been burned or torn to pieces. It's going to be absolutely horrific. Like something out of the Walking Dead. Although I will laugh at the irony should Cersei or Tyrion come face-to-face with their zombie father and mother.

I'm wondering if that old Stark tradition of putting a sword on the tombs of the old Kings of Winter had real purpose.  Imagine Theon Stark being reanimated. 

On 9/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jabar of House Titan said:

know its been over a month since this was posted. but was kinda out of the forum for most of the summer up til recently and this is some interesting speculation I never thought of. I remember a part of the World of Ice and Fire where it talks about the attempted settlement of Hardhome and how an Oldtown Maester lived there and documented it. Could the horn of Joramum have been in Hardhome at the time and did the Maester or someone he was traveling with take it back to Oldtown? pretty sure this Maester conveniently died in a shipwreck shortly after returning to Oldtown.  

if Davos/another character ends up in Hardhome and this is where Martin is going than I look forward to that character unveiling this mystery and shortly after its figured out where the horn is, its blown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:40 PM, LindsayLohan said:

I'm wondering if that old Stark tradition of putting a sword on the tombs of the old Kings of Winter had real purpose.  Imagine Theon Stark being reanimated. 

I think it does.

There's so many things that we still don't know that we absolutely have to know before the end of the series. Where is he going to fit it all in?!

As for Theon Stark, would he be reanimated on the side of the heroes though? Or would he reanimate and join the Others?

Valyrian (dragon) steel, its mentioned all over,as well as various "magic/legendary" swords, since it may be one of the few things that's effective against others then it has to be important, I mean why else are they randomomly mentioned in some very hot climates?

dragonglass and the children of the forest,why add them if they don't have a part to play?

finally: the bravosi banker, what are his intentions ? I mean he traveled all the way from bravos?

On 11/3/2018 at 2:27 AM, Jabar of House Titan said:

I think it does.

There's so many things that we still don't know that we absolutely have to know before the end of the series. Where is he going to fit it all in?!

As for Theon Stark, would he be reanimated on the side of the heroes though? Or would he reanimate and join the Others?

My mental image is a battle in Winterfell, where the dead are re-animated by the Others, and oh shit, all the old Kings of Winter emerge. 

Like Ser Alliser warned Jon, "they remember."

On 11/5/2018 at 6:11 PM, LindsayLohan said:

My mental image is a battle in Winterfell, where the dead are re-animated by the Others, and oh shit, all the old Kings of Winter emerge. 

Like Ser Alliser warned Jon, "they remember."

But would the old Kings of Winter and Wardens of the North (Ned and Robb included) fight on behalf of the living or the dead.

There seems to be a special magic about Winterfell and how a Stark must always be there to preside over said magic. What could that magic be though?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

Ned's bone are missing (Barbery tells Theon this in the crypts during Dance)

Where are Galbart Glover and Maege Mormont and the ship they are on, the Myraham?

Where is Robb's will? What was his royal decree? (I think we all know what his royal decree is, but it is still missing!)

Minor correction, but Glover and Mormont are on two of Mallister’s longships.

“Nor would I ask it of you. The ironborn will be setting sail toward Pyke, I expect. Theon told me how his people think. Every captain a king on his own deck. They will all want a voice in the succession. My lord, I need two of your longships to sail around the Cape of Eagles and up the Neck to Greywater Watch.”
Lord Jason hesitated. “A dozen streams drain the wetwood, all shallow, silty, and uncharted. I would not even call them rivers. The channels are ever drifting and changing. There are endless sandbars, deadfalls, and tangles of rotting trees. And Greywater Watch moves. How are my ships to find it?”
“Go upriver flying my banner. The crannogmen will find you. I want two ships to double the chances of my message reaching Howland Reed. Lady Maege shall go on one, Galbart on the second.” He turned to the two he’d named. “You’ll carry letters for those lords of mine who remain in the north, but all the commands within will be false, in case you have the misfortune to be taken. If that happens, you must tell them that you were sailing for the north. Back to Bear Island, or for the Stony Shore.”.

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Minor correction, but Glover and Mormont are on two of Mallister’s longships.

“Nor would I ask it of you. The ironborn will be setting sail toward Pyke, I expect. Theon told me how his people think. Every captain a king on his own deck. They will all want a voice in the succession. My lord, I need two of your longships to sail around the Cape of Eagles and up the Neck to Greywater Watch.”
Lord Jason hesitated. “A dozen streams drain the wetwood, all shallow, silty, and uncharted. I would not even call them rivers. The channels are ever drifting and changing. There are endless sandbars, deadfalls, and tangles of rotting trees. And Greywater Watch moves. How are my ships to find it?”
“Go upriver flying my banner. The crannogmen will find you. I want two ships to double the chances of my message reaching Howland Reed. Lady Maege shall go on one, Galbart on the second.” He turned to the two he’d named. “You’ll carry letters for those lords of mine who remain in the north, but all the commands within will be false, in case you have the misfortune to be taken. If that happens, you must tell them that you were sailing for the north. Back to Bear Island, or for the Stony Shore.”.

I apologize as I was unclear.  I am aware that they are on ships, but we have yet to hear from them.  Where are they?

6 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

I apologize as I was unclear.  I am aware that they are on ships, but we have yet to hear from them.  Where are they?

I meant that they are not on the Myraham - which I think was going to Oldtown?  - but on Mallister’s ships. And yes, I am very curious to learn where they are, and where they’ve been, and what they’ve been doing! And also where is Robb”s will, who has it, who has seen it. So many questions...

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I meant that they are not on the Myraham - which I think was going to Oldtown?  - but on Mallister’s ships. And yes, I am very curious to learn where they are, and where they’ve been doing! And also where is Robb”s will, who has it, who has seen it. So many questions...

Ah, perhaps I am getting my ships confused. Thank you for the clarification!  I suspect that they made it to Greywater Watch and after the events of the Red Wedding, are wisely hiding.  I am betting that when they pop up, Howland Reed will be with them, along with the knowledge he brings.

16 minutes ago, Lady Rhodes said:

Ah, perhaps I am getting my ships confused. Thank you for the clarification!  I suspect that they made it to Greywater Watch and after the events of the Red Wedding, are wisely hiding.  I am betting that when they pop up, Howland Reed will be with them, along with the knowledge he brings.

I think both went to GW and met w/ HR, but I’m not so sure they’re still there and with him. Alysane tells Asha that “Lyra and Jory are w/ our mother”, which leads me to think Maege may have gone (and left again?) to BI, since there is no mention of these two daughters being w/ Maege and Dacey when they marched w/ Robb. Also supporting this is the fact that Lyanna Mormont replies to Stannis, and Jon wonders why she is replying instead one of her older sisters. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think both went to GW and met w/ HR, but I’m not so sure they’re still there and with him. Alysane tells Asha that “Lyra and Jory are w/ our mother”, which leads me to think Maege may have gone (and left again?) to BI, since there is no mention of these two daughters being w/ Maege and Dacey when they marched w/ Robb. Also supporting this is the fact that Lyanna Mormont replies to Stannis, and Jon wonders why she is replying instead one of her older sisters. 

Very interesting - I had forgotten about the line about Lyra and Jory being with Maege, but they were not with Robb, I doubt. I am rereading Dance and I just finished this chapter last night coincidently.  It is implied that Lyanna is the only one on Bear Island, so where are Maege, Lyra, and Jory? Not with Stannis, and there is no mention of them with the Bolton group either.  Where could they have gone? Shadow Tower?

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Lady Rhodes said:

Very interesting - I had forgotten about the line about Lyra and Jory being with Maege, but they were not with Robb, I doubt. I am rereading Dance and I just finished this chapter last night coincidently.  It is implied that Lyanna is the only one on Bear Island, so where are Maege, Lyra, and Jory? Not with Stannis, and there is no mention of them with the Bolton group either.  Where could they have gone? Shadow Tower?

No. I am almost 100% sure they are at Greywater Watch with Howland Reed, Greatjon and Robb's will. I never would have surmised that Maege had left and returned. It makes sense however why she would want to do that. Anyways, they are likely there gathering their strength and biding their time on the behalf of Jon.

I suspect that the Blackfish will be heading either for Greywater Watch to rendezvous with them (which is very doubtful for multiple reasons) or he will be compelled to go back to the Vale where Sansa currently is.

Archived