Forgive one of the following?

Moiraine Sedai

From most deserving to least:

1 Mirri( She had a competely valid point and Drogo was awful)

2 Sandor ( because he is repenting now for his sins)

3 Theon ( He was tortured and abused, plus he seems to regret it)

4 Jaime ( I like Jaime a lot but he still needs to admit he was wrong, he hasn't done that yet)

~~~~~~~~

5 Dorkstar

23 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

1.  Theon Greyjoy

2.  Jaime Lannister

3.  Mirri Maz Duur

4.  Sandor Clegane

5.  Gerold Dayne

What makes you think that person is more deserving than the other four?

Theon gets no forgiveness from me.  His actions were all his own choices.  

Jaime gets no forgiveness from me.  His actions were his own choices.  He's still playing Darth Vader to Palpatine, and being a little nicer while feeling a little bad about some of his previous actions isn't enough to be a road to redemption.

Mirri Maz Duur needs no forgiveness.  She did nothing wrong.  She's was the hero Essos needed.  The Dothraki are a plague.

Sandor Clegane did most of his worst actions at the behest of others.  For most of the book he's not his own man.  Of all the people, I would say he is the only one who is truly on a path where he can earn forgivness and redemption.  And probably needs it the least, based on the actions I've seen in the book.

Gerold Dayne, has done nothing to earn forgiveness for attacking Myrcella.  An action intended to cause a horrific war which would have led to the deaths and suffering of untold thousands.

5 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Jamie pushed Bran for numerous reasons the main one being to save himself and Cersie BUT, if Robert found out about him and Cersie it would be the end of house Lannister. 

Robert would kill Jamie, Cersie, Tyrion, The three children would either be killed or sent to the wall and silent sisters. Robert would turn into the beast of the trident and demand Tywins head or else he would destroy the Westerlands which if Tywin refused would be the end of the Lannisters 100%. Tyrells would love to help Robert and they so happen to have a beautiful bride to replace Cersie as well. Tywins bannerman would leave him because winning a war against the rest of Westeros would be impossible.

I don't doubt it would have been the downfall of Tywin's branch of the Lannisters, but I do disagree that Jaime was thinking about anything other than himself and his sister as he pushed Bran out the window. "The things I do for love." He was thinking of Cersei, not anything beyond her in that moment.

Regarding Jaime:

Even if one can try to rationalize "The things I do for love", we should not forget about "Kill his men". He ambushed a group of men in the middle of the night, and murdered all of them save the one that he had a grudge with, just out of spite. Is not only that this is terribly cruel, vile, and uncalled for. Is that he has never given to this any second thought.

BTW, for me, the list goes Mirri > Sandor > Gerold > Jaime > Theon. Honestly, I think this is the only validranking if we to analyze objectively what all of them have done and the position they were in, instead of considering whether I like more this guy or this other.

1 hour ago, The hairy bear said:

Regarding Jaime:

Even if one can try to rationalize "The things I do for love", we should not forget about "Kill his men". He ambushed a group of men in the middle of the night, and murdered all of them save the one that he had a grudge with, just out of spite. Is not only that this is terribly cruel, vile, and uncalled for. Is that he has never given to this any second thought.

BTW, for me, the list goes Mirri > Sandor > Gerold > Jaime > Theon. Honestly, I think this is the only validranking if we to analyze objectively what all of them have done and the position they were in, instead of considering whether I like more this guy or this other.

I agree about Jaime. He did so many terrible things, and his POV and few redeemable actions don't absolve him. We just get to see he's not as terrible as we thought for a very long time. 

Archived