Legitimate_Bastard

Will the Wall Come Down?

Does anyone think the Wall will actually ever come down? I personally do not. I think if the Others invade it will be through Winterfell crypts somehow. What are your thoughts?

If GRRM is able to find time to finish his series?  Yes I think it will.  i think the wall will be broken, the Others will invade, undead will rise up across all of westeros.  And then the heroes will come together and defeat the enemy at great cost.  it will be filled with tradgedy and betrayal, but ultimately humanity will be victorious and rest their hopes on the coming of spring.

I think the Others have been the true threat the whole time, and GRRM has been having Westeros tear itself apart out of greed as humans are likely to do.  Generally we don't come together as a whole and put aside our individual desires until the absolute last moment.

Not necessarily. The Others should be able to go around it. There is the bridge of skulls, there are the dead things in the water, and the seas could ice over.

I think it will fall figuratively, that is that it will be largely undefended and perhaps the spells that it contains will fail.