Will the Wall Come Down?

If GRRM is able to find time to finish his series?  Yes I think it will.  i think the wall will be broken, the Others will invade, undead will rise up across all of westeros.  And then the heroes will come together and defeat the enemy at great cost.  it will be filled with tradgedy and betrayal, but ultimately humanity will be victorious and rest their hopes on the coming of spring.

I think the Others have been the true threat the whole time, and GRRM has been having Westeros tear itself apart out of greed as humans are likely to do.  Generally we don't come together as a whole and put aside our individual desires until the absolute last moment.

Not necessarily. The Others should be able to go around it. There is the bridge of skulls, there are the dead things in the water, and the seas could ice over.

I think it will fall figuratively, that is that it will be largely undefended and perhaps the spells that it contains will fail.

• 2 months later...

A mutiny would be the perfect precursor to The Wall/NW falling....

I'm not convinced. Not yet anyway. Great walls throughout history have been rendered useless by opponents who were entirely mortal. A race of magical ice beings with an un-dead army at their disposal prompts me to believe that they won't need The Wall to literally fall down. Just the men who hold it.  Besides, if The Wall did literally come down, the result would be an almost equally impassible mess. 

I think the Others are merely biding their time. And the Wall is bound to fail, considering the fact that I very much doubt our author would put faith in such things. All walls fail, ultimately. As did those of Winterfell and Storm's End. 

Anyone think Roose might get the Others to invade from the crypts in Winterfell? That'd be a sure way to beat Stannis. Also anyone think their might be other ways for the Others to break through the Wall besides blowing the horn? Maybe if one of Mel's shadow assassins takes out the 3 eyed crow or something. are the others capable of building ships for that matter?

Archived