9 Kingdoms instead of 7

Legitimate_Bastard

Is there a chance we will end up seeing 9 independent kingdoms at the end of the books? I am not sure what would happen with the Crownlands if this happened because it seems they are controlled by whoever the family on iron throne is. But it seems to me that there are actually 9 unique areas that are controlled by a Great House, 8 if you do not include the Crownlands. I can't see the Ironborn controlling the Riverlands again regardless of the outcome. Thoughts?

I think chances are slim. One of the (possible) reasons being: nobody wants cancerous Iron Islands independent, they are just too random and unreliable. Just take a look at Balon and his brothers - would you trust any one of them to carry out peaceful politics? They are in "attack mode" even without proper assets.

14 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

i don't think so, i think if we get an independent north under a stark the riverlands will again be part of it, if its sansa maybe even the vale

A kingdom made up of a united North, Riverlands and Vale would be powerful for sure. Assuming Edmure & Blackfish don't resurrect House Tully would a fight not break out between Houses like the Brackens and Blackwoods over primacy? Same between the big Vale houses (Royce, Hardyng etc.). Even if they did submit to a King in the North I would imagine much internal strife.

I can see the north becoming independent and maybe dorne, but the other kingdoms? Nope. The reach, the vale, the westerlands, the stormlands have shown no wish to be independent since the jahaerys’ reign and there’s no reason imo to think otherwise. The river lands only wanted to be part of robbs kingdom because they were being ravaged but they’re too central to be independent and prosper tbh, so answering your question, save the north and maybe dorne, I doubt it highly.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:31 AM, thi4f said:

would you trust any one of them to carry out peaceful politics? They are in "attack mode" even without proper assets.

No, I would not. Compared to the rest of Westeros the Ironborn are way too bellicose and unpredictable.

Archived