For the good of the Realm

AlaskanSandman

Would Bloodraven kill off the Blackfyre branch while siding with the Targaryn side, just to turn around and murder off his Targaryen family just to position key members? 

I've seen multiple theories surrounding Bloodraven's actions during Dunk and Egg and the following years, namely that he killed off certain family members to position Aegon V on the Throne.

I've also seen theories pertaining to Bloodraven and Leaf having to do with planning on Duncan ditching the throne for Jenny, who may or may not be the Wood's witches daughter.

Im curious what others think about Bloodraven and his intentions in this Game. 

Bloodraven did at all. He is the puppet master supreme. He is the song of ice and fire. He is/was/skinchanged: Rhaegar, Daario, Old Nan, the Harpy, Yoren, the Great Other, Loras, Benjen, Ghost, Mormont's Raven, Roose Bolton, Ashara, and many many others. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Bloodraven did at all. He is the puppet master supreme. He is the song of ice and fire. He is/was/skinchanged: Rhaegar, Daario, Old Nan, the Harpy, Yoren, the Great Other, Loras, Benjen, Ghost, Mormont's Raven, Roose Bolton, Ashara, and many many others. 

:lmao:

He skinchanged GRRM.

5 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Would Bloodraven kill off the Blackfyre branch while siding with the Targaryn side, just to turn around and murder off his Targaryen family just to position key members? 

I've seen multiple theories surrounding Bloodraven's actions during Dunk and Egg and the following years, namely that he killed off certain family members to position Aegon V on the Throne.

I've also seen theories pertaining to Bloodraven and Leaf having to do with planning on Duncan ditching the throne for Jenny, who may or may not be the Wood's witches daughter.

Im curious what others think about Bloodraven and his intentions in this Game. 

Bloodraven wanted to keep the realm stable.  Allowing the Blackfyres to pull off a takeover will create long-term instability.  Just look what happened after Robert's Rebellion.  Keeping the Targaryens on the throne kept the realm more stable than it would have been under the Blackfyres.  Bloodraven basically wants to serve the realm and he's willing to do some very questionable things in order to make sure the land is safe.  He got sent to the Wall for doing something unethical but effective.  

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Bloodraven wanted to keep the realm stable.  Allowing the Blackfyres to pull off a takeover will create long-term instability.  Just look what happened after Robert's Rebellion.  Keeping the Targaryens on the throne kept the realm more stable than it would have been under the Blackfyres.  Bloodraven basically wants to serve the realm and he's willing to do some very questionable things in order to make sure the land is safe.  He got sent to the Wall for doing something unethical but effective.  

I know he helped to end the Blackfyre's and that helps show some of his character. I was more wondering about theories of Bloodraven's involvement in the death of Targaryens. Like strangling them in their womb as the rumors go, or other means. To try to get Aegon V on the throne, or some other thing to happen. (What ever your crack pot theory is, if you have one). 

Did Bloodraven really help put Egg on the throne?  I'm thinking Egg is far too liberal to run the realm.  I'm also thinking about the comment George Martin made about leaders.  The best are not always the most moral of people but they know how to maintain order and they are able to keep law and order.  Bloodraven did those things.  Egg was too soft. 

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Finally someone gets it. The whole story is bloodraven bored in a tree entertaining himself

3 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Finally someone gets it. The whole story is bloodraven bored in a tree entertaining himself

That does sound kinda kinky too. Bloodraven, master of the wood, entertaining himself... Love it! :D

12 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Did Bloodraven really help put Egg on the throne?  I'm thinking Egg is far too liberal to run the realm.  I'm also thinking about the comment George Martin made about leaders.  The best are not always the most moral of people but they know how to maintain order and they are able to keep law and order.  Bloodraven did those things.  Egg was too soft. 

Well, to me, Bloodraven seemed concerned with the Blackfyre rebellion alone. This seems a little cold and over kill for him to put Egg on the throne, at a time before Bloodraven was ever hooked up to the Tree to see the future. So any oogily boogily foresight on Egg wouldn't be there beyond his own logical deductions based on what he knows of Egg and Westeros. This would also be before he ever met Leaf i would assume too. So i personally have a hard time imagining him doing this much positioning this early on.

12 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Well, i guess Shiera could have done some fire magic like Melisandre and seen some really flimsy images in some flames. So there is that, but no Weirwood trees or Glass Candles. 

Bran did have a fire vision in Bloodraven's cave following his teachings in the Tree with Bloodraven. Bran then goes back to the fire to wait for Meera and Jojen, then dazes off while staring into the fire. This is when Bran has his series of multiple vision going by quickly, seeing Lyanna and Benjen possibly fighting, and up to some white haired woman performing a blood sacrifice at the tree in Winterfell. 

I have questioned this and the fact that it's a fire vision. Did Bloodraven show him, or did some one else show him those vision in the flames?

And why are the flames trying to show Bran visions of Winterfell. Is it offering truths the Tree isn't? Bloodraven could have learned fire magic from Shiera but i always assumed you needed Glass Candles to send visions in the fire, but that is admittedly assumption. We have no idea how fire visions work in accordance to the Trees or Glass Candles. Plus dream visions vs fire visions vs tree vision may all be different.  Side ramble, sorry. 

I don't think Bloodraven killed members of his family, but it is possible that he allowed the Targaryen dynasty to temporarily break in order to set the conditions for the birth of Azor Ahai and the dragons.  In other words, he did nothing to prevent Robert's rebellion.  He could have a hand in the downfall of houses Baratheon, Stark, and Tully because the dragons are back.  He managed to let matters take their course.  The rebellion took out the weaker Targaryens, like Aerys, Rhaegar, and Viserys.  It's now time to bring Daenerys and her dragons to Westeros.  For that, he had to engineer the downfall of the families who would resist and I hope the Lannisters are next to fall.  

Archived