Whats puzzling for me is... Why didn't Viserys have any suitors in the Free Cities?

honorable men

Everyone is after Daenery's womb but not Visery's magical seed?

During the Dance of Dragons, the future King Aegon ended up (captured and) married into a rich banking family of Rogare in Lys.

The Targaryen blood is magically rather you believe it or not, being the last of the Dragon Lords. That's why Khal Drogo rode through Essos to marry Daenerys, in order to fulfill a prophecy of the Stallion that mounts the world. So, if I lived in that world and was a rich merchant in these 9 cities that the Beggar King roam around and had a spare daughter... Why not? Just have Viserys killed off after a couple of dragon kids, after his antics gets out of hand and he becomes unbearable.

Now before you go... He was begging for a army... a) Who says a rich merchant can't "persuade" him in some shape or form? He's not a clever man to see through things. and besides He had no protection and was poor. Yea people get crazy trying to hit the jackpot. But it paid off for the Rogare('s?)...

So in conclusion, why wasn't Viserys hunted down for his magical seed?

I would say it was Viserys that caused this. I think it would be in character for him to think that no suitor was good enough for a Targaryen king (he did see himself as the rightful king). I also think he planned to have Daenerys as his queen after Drogo had won him the Iron Throne.

By the time marrying Vis became a reasonable thing to do two things had happened: 1 Vis was the Beggar King by that point and 2 Bobby B was firmly entrenched as a popular king of Westeros that had successfully dealt with one uprising.

So backing Vis' claim would be a real uphill struggle and the man himself was no real catch.

1 hour ago, honorable men said:

Before she became a Queen by the rights of conquest or acquired dragons, she had only one suitor. So not everyone was after 'Daenerys's womb'

During the Dance of Dragons, the future King Aegon ended up (captured and) married into a rich banking family of Rogare in Lys.

The Targaryen blood is magically rather you believe it or not, being the last of the Dragon Lords. That's why Khal Drogo rode through Essos to marry Daenerys, in order to fulfill a prophecy of the Stallion that mounts the world. So, if I lived in that world and was a rich merchant in these 9 cities that the Beggar King roam around and had a spare daughter... Why not? Just have Viserys killed off after a couple of dragon kids, after his antics gets out of hand and he becomes unbearable.

[..]

One thing first:

Drogo did not marry Daenerys to fulfil a prophecy. At least, we have been given no information that suggests this. Drogo married Dany and presented her to the Dosh Khaleen (a Dothraki custom). At Vaes Dothrak, the Dosh Khaleen proclaimed their child to fulfil a prophecy, associating them to the prophecy for the first time.

As to Viserys. He was an exiled king who had never sat upon his throne. (And unlike the case of Aegon the Younger, Viserys's house no longer held the throne). In the meantime, the man who actually did sit upon that throne had a secure rule, was supported by many, and held a realm at peace.  As far as one could see, the Westerosi were not interested in restoring the Tararyens to the throne. That would not make Viserys appealing for any Essosi.

14 minutes ago, EloImFizzy said:

Maybe Varys and Illyrio made sure he didn't get any suitors, or at least make sure he didn't find out about any that offered. Their goal always seemed to be Aegon, so they wouldn't want Viserys progessing in any way.

That idea stands or falls with how many pots you think those two can keep boiling at once without the fire going out or boiling over. So to speak.

4 hours ago, honorable men said:

Now before you go... He was begging for a army... a) Who says a rich merchant can't "persuade" him in some shape or form? He's not a clever man to see through things. and besides He had no protection and was poor. Yea people get crazy trying to hit the jackpot. But it paid off for the Rogare('s?)...

Because by that stage few believe in magic  , harbouring him could bring roberts wrath on you and most imortantly varys was already making sure they were herded but never caught for him and ilyrios long term plots

I am sure there were those who would have seen some value in wedding a daughter of theirs to Viserys, but not for what he wanted out of a match. Viserys probably wouldn't have even considered wedding anyone who couldn't bring him an army he considered capable of capturing the Iron Throne for him, or capable of giving him wealth enough to buy an army he considered capable of such. How many people in Essos have an army capable of capturing the Iron Throne? And how many people in Essos with an army not capable of capturing the Iron Throne on their own would be willing to waste it on Viserys? It is not as though you would be joining your forces to Viserys's existing forces. He had no existing forces. He had no wealth. He had his name, the name of an impoverished, overthrown, exiled house reduced to he and his sister. So I think Viserys would have had suitors, but that he wouldn't have been interested in those that were interested in him, and wouldn't have had interest from those he would have been interested in.

He had neither the wit nor the wealth to endear himself to anybody. His name alone meant nothing other than a death sentence courtesy of Robert Baratheon. I think it's fair to assume that Illyrio had an accurate estimation of him. He may of even had some use for the guy, but he fatefully chose to pursue Dany and Drogo into the Dothraki Sea, never to return. I also think it's fair to assume that Illyrio met the same guy we did in aGoT and realised he had none of the necessary traits. If Viscerys was big and could fight, or if he had dragons or if he'd managed to maintain some wealth then perhaps he could of accomplished something. Instead, he was little more than an exile. Disgraced. Penniless. Humiliated. 

Dany's dragons are a huge game-changer. This, coupled with the collapse of the Baratheon/Lannister dynasty (wonderfully orchestrated) and Dany's spectacular achievements in Slaver's Bay makes the Targaryen dynasty very a attractive prospect. 

Archived