TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

Oh man... life is being difficult today. Life, behave yourself, for god’s sake, I’m quite aware that I’m entirely incompetent in tax and customs issues, no need to remind me all the time. Pffff. 

Okay, so, 3 more days and it’ll be cold. At least that’s what the forecasts promise. *fingers crossed* 

Hello, new thread seems nice. 

How's life? 

Oooo an industrial engineer! You guys are cute! 

Update on the move, it's not happening until next year but I managed to convince one of my team members who couldn't go to come with me so today was a good day. 

Rb, I tend to treat taxes as a challenge to try to pay as little as possible and get all possible deductibles and funds. It's very fun when you think of it that way especially when you succeed. 

49 minutes ago, Vin said:

Hello, new thread seems nice. 

How's life? 

Oooo an industrial engineer! You guys are cute! 

Update on the move, it's not happening until next year but I managed to convince one of my team members who couldn't go to come with me so today was a good day. 

Rb, I tend to treat taxes as a challenge to try to pay as little as possible and get all possible deductibles and funds. It's very fun when you think of it that way especially when you succeed. 

Where are you moving? Good luck with your team and the moving wherever it is. 

Well that’s the thing, I treat taxes as a challeange because I can’t make sense of them. You have 99 degrees in science, I’m not big on anything that involves numbers. I can’t think of it as fun simply because I don’t want to think of it more than I absolutely have to. It makes me feel like math exams at uni :stillsick: but thanks anyway, it’s nice that you attempted to reframe the issue for me. 

Taxes are even more fun if you're self employed . . .

Last week on vacation I wore my "Hodor" T-shirt one day. Only got one comment even though we were in a busy town part of the day. A twenty-ish man behind the counter at a bakery asked if I watched the show. When I said "yes", he launched into a lament about how we had to wait a year for the final season and how it was going to be only seven episodes - all this in accented (but not bad) English. I had a hunch so I asked if he was Croatian. Bingo! So "Have you been to Kings Landing/Dubrovnik? No.

12 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Taxes are even more fun if you're self employed . . .

Last week on vacation I wore my "Hodor" T-shirt one day. Only got one comment even though we were in a busy town part of the day. A twenty-ish man behind the counter at a bakery asked if I watched the show. When I said "yes", he launched into a lament about how we had to wait a year for the final season and how it was going to be only seven episodes - all this in accented (but not bad) English. I had a hunch so I asked if he was Croatian. Bingo! So "Have you been to Kings Landing/Dubrovnik? No.

The only top I have related to the show is a fitted dark grey tee with the 3 headed dragon of house Targaryen on it, one day when I was in the gym there was a guy wearing a Lannister one, I just have him the Fry from Futurama evil eye look and carried on the running machine.

GOT did well in the Emmy's last night. I like Peter Dinklage's line, "Thank you Dave and Dan for changing my life. I cannot walk down the street anymore.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/arts/television/emmy-awards-live-updates.html?emc=edit_na_20180917&nl=breaking-news&nlid=59013696ing-news&ref=cta

44 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

GOT did well in the Emmy's last night. I like Peter Dinklage's line, "Thank you Dave and Dan for changing my life. I cannot walk down the street anymore.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/arts/television/emmy-awards-live-updates.html?emc=edit_na_20180917&nl=breaking-news&nlid=59013696ing-news&ref=cta

I should google what categories they won. I mean season 7 sucked big time, imo, if one looks beyond the cgi, the directing and the camera work (which were without a doubt astonishingly great). They epically failed at storytelling, dialogues, acting but oh well. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I should google what categories they won. I mean season 7 sucked big time, imo, if one looks beyond the cgi, the directing and the camera work (which were without a doubt astonishingly great). They epically failed at storytelling, dialogues, acting but oh well. 

I can save you the trouble - they won best drama and best supporting male actor - Peter Dinklage. There must have been some technical awards as well, but were not in the list linked in this article.

16 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I can save you the trouble - they won best drama and best supporting male actor - Peter Dinklage. There must have been some technical awards as well, but were not in the list linked in this article.

Oh damn, how boring.... :rolleyes: Peter Dinklage is good but I didn’t think there was anything so special about his Tyrion that he deserves a new Emmy every year. As for best drama... well whatever, I’m probably just too strict. 

If GOT had to win something in the non-technical categories...it should have been Nik. At least he does his best with the script he has.

He was so handsome yesterday there...:wub:

I better refrain myself from telling what I think about best drama for s7.

20 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here is the pic of all the cast. Gwen and Nik in yellowish colours. I think they did it on purpose.

And Isaac :wub:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/how-much-an-episode-of-emmy-winner-game-of-thrones-costs-to-produce.html

Emilia darkened her hair again.

No, she just let the blondness grow down. I think brunette looks better on her, but then the khaleesi hair in real life was fun. I wonder why Sophie and Maisie didn’t make an appearance. 

Varys is terribly cute and so are Missandei and Grey worm. 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

No, she just let the blondness grow down. I think brunette looks better on her, but then the khaleesi hair in real life was fun. I wonder why Sophie and Maisie didn’t make an appearance. 

Varys is terribly cute and so are Missandei and Grey worm. 

Ah yes, I thought she was still sporting platinum hair. I also think her natural hair looks better; but changing colour from time to time to more doesn't hurt.

27 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Ah yes, I thought she was still sporting platinum hair. I also think her natural hair looks better; but changing colour from time to time to more doesn't hurt.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Just as long as it’s not on me :leaving: I barely ever change my hair and when I do it turns out badly... but the point is, yeah, it was fun to see her with the blond hair. 

20 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah, absolutely. Just as long as it’s not on me :leaving: I barely ever change my hair and when I do it turns out badly... but the point is, yeah, it was fun to see her with the blond hair. 

I like hairdressing and doing things to my hair, but I've never done anything very radical. I've dyed myself from brunette to blonde in the past with different levels of highlights (not all the hair), but that's the most extravagant thing I've done. Well, apart from occasionally colouring some strands in blue or purple. But these don't last much.

The rest I'm so lazy that I don't even go to cut my hair, xd. Since I'm only capable of cutting myself the front part, that is. This summer I had to cut one year of growing up. So from quite long to barely shoulder length. Too bad it grows so fast...

Archived