TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

59 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You are waaaaay overthinking this. Nobody is angry at you, really. ;)

And I realise the words seem very similar to somebody who does not know any of these countries or languages. We literally use the words "slovenski" and "slovensky" as adjectives for our respective countries, and mean different things. It is just annoying for us who have to live it sometimes. :P Also, the ... what country are you from? Oooooh, you were once a part of Russia? :rolleyes: *grinds teeth*

Oooooh, a wedding! I only remember being at a wedding once or twice, for my mother's cousins, when I was still little. I would love to go to a wedding of somebody whom I actually know and care about, and have fun. But none of my friends are getting married.

They will, they will. :devil:  I’ve been to three weddings of friends’ so far, and I’m guess this number will only increase in the future as I’ve stepped into that certain age when everybody starts getting married. I’m sure the same is bound to happen sooner or later to your social group too. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I will, it was such a lovely surprise, we could have gotten one ourselves but it was so sweet and touching that she found one for us and offered to look after mini Sith for the weekend too.

I also think she just likes using her iPad which I got her for Christmas- she’s surprisingly capable with technology for an 80 year old!.

Ugh it sounds like the weather spoilt the wedding a bit :(.

Thank you!, I can’t wait to go we’re going to have such a lovely time :D.

Wow your gran is 80 and she uses an iPad? Impressed, much impressed. 

Well the bride was kinda upset the week before, but I think she was too happy to be bothered by it on the actual big day. I thought it was kinda fun, actually, definitely the most memorable and unique wedding experience I’ve had so far. You know, taking pictures in coats on the pier with swans behind you, cold wind blowing the balloons. 

39 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

They will, they will. :devil:  I’ve been to three weddings of friends’ so far, and I’m guess this number will only increase in the future as I’ve stepped into that certain age when everybody starts getting married. I’m sure the same is bound to happen sooner or later to your social group too.

I mean, I know a few of the people I am acquainted with in my age group have gotten married in the past few years already, but not the close friends, so I only learn about it on facelessbook. :P Most of my friends that I call close are nowhere near getting married, or nowhere near my geographical location, or both. (It is weird to say my social group, because I don't really have a group, I only have scattered people that I am comfortable sharing personal stuff with and see more or less regularly, and when I say scattered, I mean all over the place, really.)

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well the bride was kinda upset the week before, but I think she was too happy to be bothered by it on the actual big day. I thought it was kinda fun, actually, definitely the most memorable and unique wedding experience I’ve had so far. You know, taking pictures in coats on the pier with swans behind you, cold wind blowing the balloons. 

She never really got on with computers when I tried to show her how to use one but she finds the iPad quite straightforward and has taken to it really well, she is also still very active and drives and loves doing her gardening and stuff, and she adores her great grand daughter :D.

I kind of feel bad for the bride, planning a wedding is such hard work, as I am finding out myself!, that you just kind of want everything perfect on the day, we are going to be having our wedding next summer.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Weddings are funny!

I've been to some weddings, family like my second cousin, etc. So far only two of my friends have married, though one did very very young and she is divorced right now. I also attended a gypsy wedding once. That was...well, different, unique.

Must be great...swans and a lake.... so beautiful!

Weddings . . . you have to act all serious during the ceremony. After, at the party - anything but serious. They're funny like that.

We did go to one back when the chickee was three or four and she and a buddy were calling out to each other from across the church. "Where's Cora?", "Where's Helga?" Cracked everybody up.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

<snip>

but I had to write it. Sorry all of you guys, for derailing the thread.

please don't take this wrong...but how the fuck can you derail a thread dedicated to the nothingness of spam...whatever weird or non-weird things pop into your head are good here...

or how else could these people put up with an salty old seadawg like me...

:smoking:

On 9/21/2018 at 2:56 AM, Buckwheat said:

@Vin, I have gotten myself warnings from mods for one of the words you are using, so I would advise you to tone it down.

yeah Oh Mighty Queen, i used it...let the warnings come...  :devil:

...i gotta dance... :commie:

On 9/21/2018 at 2:56 AM, Buckwheat said:

@rocksniffer WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? :eek:

why else would a sniffer follow you...

:smoking:

I have come to the conclusion that I may have a problem with couponing. I organized my closets today and oh my, I am stalked up for a very long time. It’s so hard to stop when you can literally shop and just pay taxes. 

Like for instance, a store had the very expensive Honest company diapers clearanced for 75% off which brought them to $3.64 a pack. I had a bunch of $3 off per pack coupons. That’s $.64 for a pack of diapers. I do cloth diaper most of the time but I just can’t pass up that deal. I just can’t. 

My name is Lady O, and I have an addiction :blushing: 

It’s 11C here. Remember Friday? The one two days ago? When I complained about the the temperature’s being 30degrees at 5pm? I guess this escalated quickly. 

Same here. First week of September was sweltering hot. Three days later it was cold and wet. Then a week of nice temps - 20 to 25 C, then down into teens ever since.

22 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

She never really got on with computers when I tried to show her how to use one but she finds the iPad quite straightforward and has taken to it really well, she is also still very active and drives and loves doing her gardening and stuff, and she adores her great grand daughter :D.

I kind of feel bad for the bride, planning a wedding is such hard work, as I am finding out myself!, that you just kind of want everything perfect on the day, we are going to be having our wedding next summer.

Aww, this is sweet. Good health and many more long years to your gran. 

Yeahh, she had a few meltdowns the week before the wedding. But everything was lovely in the end, and I don't think she felt anything but happy on the big day. At least I hope, we didn't see her not smile. 

On 9/23/2018 at 11:53 AM, Buckwheat said:

I mean, I know a few of the people I am acquainted with in my age group have gotten married in the past few years already, but not the close friends, so I only learn about it on facelessbook. :P Most of my friends that I call close are nowhere near getting married, or nowhere near my geographical location, or both. (It is weird to say my social group, because I don't really have a group, I only have scattered people that I am comfortable sharing personal stuff with and see more or less regularly, and when I say scattered, I mean all over the place, really.)

That'll be all the more fun when they actually get married. You can travel to different countries to celebrate with them and experience their wedding traditions. :commie: A social group is a loose concept, I think it applies to anything you want, including random friends scattered all over the world. 

20 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Weddings are funny!

I've been to some weddings, family like my second cousin, etc. So far only two of my friends have married, though one did very very young and she is divorced right now. I also attended a gypsy wedding once. That was...well, different, unique.

Must be great...swans and a lake.... so beautiful!

Funny :D Well, I guess that's one way looking at it. I've been to quite a few weddings with my whole family (mostly weddings of distant family members or friends of the family) and just a couple that was the wedding of someone from my friend group.

18 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Weddings . . . you have to act all serious during the ceremony. After, at the party - anything but serious. They're funny like that.

We did go to one back when the chickee was three or four and she and a buddy were calling out to each other from across the church. "Where's Cora?", "Where's Helga?" Cracked everybody up.

I'm generally a serious person, so I just feel normal during the ceremony and how much I lighten up during the reception depends on the company and the general vibe of the party, I suppose. 

Will chickee be getting married any time soon? I'm not sure how old she is. 

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have come to the conclusion that I may have a problem with couponing. I organized my closets today and oh my, I am stalked up for a very long time. It’s so hard to stop when you can literally shop and just pay taxes. 

Like for instance, a store had the very expensive Honest company diapers clearanced for 75% off which brought them to $3.64 a pack. I had a bunch of $3 off per pack coupons. That’s $.64 for a pack of diapers. I do cloth diaper most of the time but I just can’t pass up that deal. I just can’t. 

My name is Lady O, and I have an addiction :blushing: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: so the thing you see on TLC in that coupon addiction show is not orchastrated? My mom and I always wondered how it's possible to buy a two shopping carts of stuff for $20. Now, here these things don't happen. Every coupon you get has a footnote saying that it cannot be combined with any other promotion, be that a sale, another coupon or any kind of price reduction. They often even say that the coupon only applies for one purchase of a single item. It's very very rare that we manage to get more than 30% off something. Oh well, just US things I suppose. 

Aww, this is sweet. Good health and many more long years to your gran. 

Yeahh, she had a few meltdowns the week before the wedding. But everything was lovely in the end, and I don't think she felt anything but happy on the big day. At least I hope, we didn't see her not smile. 

That'll be all the more fun when they actually get married. You can travel to different countries to celebrate with them and experience their wedding traditions. :commie: A social group is a loose concept, I think it applies to anything you want, including random friends scattered all over the world. 

Funny :D Well, I guess that's one way looking at it. I've been to quite a few weddings with my whole family (mostly weddings of distant family members or friends of the family) and just a couple that was the wedding of someone from my friend group.

I'm generally a serious person, so I just feel normal during the ceremony and how much I lighten up during the reception depends on the company and the general vibe of the party, I suppose. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: so the thing you see on TLC in that coupon addiction show is not orchastrated? My mom and I always wondered how it's possible to buy a two shopping carts of stuff for $20. Now, here these things don't happen. Every coupon you get has a footnote saying that it cannot be combined with any other promotion, be that a sale, another coupon or any kind of price reduction. They often even say that the coupon only applies for one purchase of a single item. It's very very rare that we manage to get more than 30% off something. Oh well, just US things I suppose. 

There are people that actually do that. I am not nearly that bad. And I don’t coupon for food because usually the coupons are for junk food. I buy shampoo, body wash, razors, baby stuff...those types of things. I don’t buy an insane amount either but without realizing it I have amassed quite a bit. It’s kind of a game to figure out how to get your total to zero. There are also rebate apps that give you cash back for certain products. I’ve made nearly $600 in the past year using the apps. So actually sometimes I make money. Anyway, I enjoy it a bit too much so I should probably chill a bit. 

Its monday. I have a chiropractor appointment and then hubby and I have to meet with Lil O’s teacher :worried: I’m not sure how it’s going to go because she has told the students to shut up before and I do not find that appropriate or acceptable. But I also don’t want my sons year to be awful because the teacher hates me. It’s not easy having a child that’s smart and constantly bored in class - he tends to get in trouble when he’s bored because he entertains himself. He’s reading at a 4th grade level (he’s second grade) and excels at math and science but due to his behavior I doubt they will ever advance him. 

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

She's 27 and has been with her bf for 3 years now, I think. Not hearing any wedding talk from them, but as dad, I'll be the last to know.:dunno:

16 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

She's 27 and has been with her bf for 3 years now, I think. Not hearing any wedding talk from them, but as dad, I'll be the last to know.:dunno:

:D Well the time Will surely come.

Oh bloody hell. So I spent the past two hours trying to figure out how my bank account balance dropped by $2000 in one week. My account history is perfectly reasonable up until yesterday. It’s roughly what one would expect, but yesterday’s deductions aren’t in the books yet so they don’t appear in the account history. Now I know that I didn’t spend a rough $1500 yesterday, because - contrary to what one would expect- there was a ton of stuff I did not (yet) buy. So I checked all the receipts and it turns out one shop accidentally (or so I would like to believe) added an extra digit to what my credit card was charged. I went back to the shop and we wrote a paper and I got back the difference in cash and I’m looking for an atm that takes cash back too because the banks are closed.... oh man.... I’m so glad I double checked this and didn’t write it off as my own fault. I mean I’m not that unreasonable with my spending.  

I cried today, happy,happy tears, after weeks of saying it lots to her, mini Sith said mama :wub::wub::wub::wub:.

Rhae you’re right to check your accounts carefully, I’m glad you worked it all out, make sure you pay back your credit card right away so you don’t get charged interest.

Oh bloody hell. So I spent the past two hours trying to figure out how my bank account balance dropped by $2000 in one week. My account history is perfectly reasonable up until yesterday. It’s roughly what one would expect, but yesterday’s deductions aren’t in the books yet so they don’t appear in the account history. Now I know that I didn’t spend a rough $1500 yesterday, because - contrary to what one would expect- there was a ton of stuff I did not (yet) buy. So I checked all the receipts and it turns out one shop accidentally (or so I would like to believe) added an extra digit to what my credit card was charged. I went back to the shop and we wrote a paper and I got back the difference in cash and I’m looking for an atm that takes cash back too because the banks are closed.... oh man.... I’m so glad I double checked this and didn’t write it off as my own fault. I mean I’m not that unreasonable with my spending.  

Oh my! good you checked! 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I cried today, happy,happy tears, after weeks of saying it lots to her, mini Sith said mama :wub::wub::wub::wub:.

Rhae you’re right to check your accounts carefully, I’m glad you worked it all out, make sure you pay back your credit card right away so you don’t get charged interest.

Congrats!

So today I went to the uni for nothing. I just had a subject today but the professor didn't appear and he had not sent any mail either.  The master is organsied in a way that every week we have a different timetable, but in theory we had seminars till the first week of October, instead of Laboratory classes on Tuesdays. That's similar to what is happening with another subject. Today we were speculating whether the symbol "-" between two dates actually meant that we had seminars those two days, meaning that today there was no class, but the normal thing to think is that it means we have seminars during the period of time comprised between those two dates.:dunno:

This happened at work before (a customer was charged £270 instead of £27 for their meal). Glad you caught the error!

My account is £2500 lighter today, no error sadly. Damn tuition fees!

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Awwwwwwwww :wub:

Archived