TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, it was frustrating being in one, and now it is frustrating half-being in half-one, and putting the conversation we need to have about what we want on hold because we cannot see each other to really talk about it ... and urgh. Was it a mistake that I made contact with him after a few months of no contact? He was in my city about two weeks ago again, BTW. It was ... mixed. I did not know how to behave towards him. So some awkwardness, some weird feelings, some wishing it could just be as it used to be ... :wacko:

Thank you for your reassuring words, of course. It is truly unexpected from you, like ...

(season 5 Brooklyn 99 spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Rosa being all supportive of Amy and going wedding dress shopping with her-kind of unexpected. ;)

But very nice. Thank you. ;)

I’ve never been in a long distance relationship, although I have experienced the heartbreak of a breakup.

It must be so tough being so far apart, personally I don’t think I could do it.

Without further ruining my evilness further(ok it probably will but who cares) I would miss cuddles too much, I don’t mean just the :leer: kind but the actual cuddles that make you feel all close to your partner and protected and safe where you just chill together and talk about things. It would drive me crazy being in a relationship and not having that closeness, I hope you guys work things out and hopefully he moves closer :).

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About the seasonal debates..

well a long time ago summer used to be my favorite season, since I discovered that I don't like the heat, I like mild temperatures. So now, technically, my favorite season is Spring due to that, and because days grow longer....more daylight, etc.

I don't dislike autumn, I particularly like that the weather is not as cold as winter, and I do like rain, but.... I much prefer Spring!  I guess a part of me also likes winter, but sadly seeing snow in my city is not normal (only maybe in the hills of the city, although last year it snowed three days at city level).

About what I wanted to comment the other day in response to @Buckwheat but I didn't have time:

yeah, my uni in theory takes part in a program (student organised level)  in which people can join international internships provided that you achieve points. You get these points if you achieve internships for students who will come here from another country just like you want to go to theirs, talking to the firms and convincing them for that, to join all this project. Sounds difficult, and now the deadline to achieve this is about one month, not enough time to gain points.....but maybe I'd try to do something about that for next year... Oh my... I have to do something! Right now the organizers (students currently involved) gave us a link to join them, but it doesn't work. Their mail doesn't work either, so now I contacted a student of another organisation who knows one of them, so I'll try to contact this way.

Erasmus is more complicated at Master level in my uni because there are just a few vacancies. During my first degree I didn't do it (although I must say, was not a popular thing in that particular uni) and in my second bachelor I didn't focus on that for work and related stuff. All the people I know that have done an Erasmus are quite satisfied, and those friends who didn't or who did but then have worked abroad (or are currently working) really loved that. It would be an interesting way to make use of my English or any other language I studied (like French).

And I read your last posts and I'm sorry you're struggling with all this. 

I don't know about what it is being in this situation you describe, but I do know quite about experiencing feelings of frustration related to distances in multiple dimensions. 

If it helps, just try to live the moment and make no regrets about what you have or not have done. If something has to work out, it will. 

Oh today I finally cosplayed for the first time in my life in a Manga Con.  I basically disguised as the younger version of my current avatar from DBZ. Not that I was a hard fan of the series, but I liked the character and the cosplay was "easy"to achieve. Lots of money to achieve "the look" actually buying the costume online, but I had to re-design the T-shirt (more money...) because it didn't match the size (unlike the trousers); just more than 30 euros in make-up, 12 hours wearing contact lenses and yesterday night being spent dyeing my hair black (messing around everything) and cutting hair extensions to the perfect length. But oh, worth it.  Someone even wanted a pic with me, for the character.

Overall we had so much fun and bought lots of things there. And now I'm broke.

Aw that sounds like you had lots of fun!.

Do you have quite long hair naturally?.

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About what I wanted to comment the other day in response to @Buckwheat but I didn't have time:

yeah, my uni in theory takes part in a program (student organised level)  in which people can join international internships provided that you achieve points. You get these points if you achieve internships for students who will come here from another country just like you want to go to theirs, talking to the firms and convincing them for that, to join all this project. Sounds difficult, and now the deadline to achieve this is about one month, not enough time to gain points.....but maybe I'd try to do something about that for next year... Oh my... I have to do something! Right now the organizers (students currently involved) gave us a link to join them, but it doesn't work. Their mail doesn't work either, so now I contacted a student of another organisation who knows one of them, so I'll try to contact this way.

That sounds ... very complicated. But if it works and you want it, then you should try it.

Erasmus is more complicated at Master level in my uni because there are just a few vacancies. During my first degree I didn't do it (although I must say, was not a popular thing in that particular uni) and in my second bachelor I didn't focus on that for work and related stuff. All the people I know that have done an Erasmus are quite satisfied, and those friends who didn't or who did but then have worked abroad (or are currently working) really loved that. It would be an interesting way to make use of my English or any other language I studied (like French).

It was very popular at one of my departments and there were many options too. The professors support it a lot, so it was easy to find a spot. I know many people who went on one and most people had the most amazing time. It is really worth it.

(The fact that it will also probably break your heart notwithstanding.)

And I read your last posts and I'm sorry you're struggling with all this. 

I don't know about what it is being in this situation you describe, but I do know quite about experiencing feelings of frustration related to distances in multiple dimensions. 

If it helps, just try to live the moment and make no regrets about what you have or not have done. If something has to work out, it will.

Thanks. It feels good to even write some things down. Even if I don't know what exactly I am even writing, because it is so confusing that I cannot even summarise it in words.

I think that if you think something has to work out ... you have to work for it. At least in this instance. The problem is, I do not know if it is even worth working on it, will it work out well enough? But I cannot really know unless I try, right? :wacko:

Oh today I finally cosplayed for the first time in my life in a Manga Con.  I basically disguised as the younger version of my current avatar from DBZ. Not that I was a hard fan of the series, but I liked the character and the cosplay was "easy"to achieve. Lots of money to achieve "the look" actually buying the costume online, but I had to re-design the T-shirt (more money...) because it didn't match the size (unlike the trousers); just more than 30 euros in make-up, 12 hours wearing contact lenses and yesterday night being spent dyeing my hair black (messing around everything) and cutting hair extensions to the perfect length. But oh, worth it.  Someone even wanted a pic with me, for the character.

Overall we had so much fun and bought lots of things there. And now I'm broke.

You know you cannot post something like that and expect us not to demand photos, right? :P

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’ve never been in a long distance relationship, although I have experienced the heartbreak of a breakup.

It must be so tough being so far apart, personally I don’t think I could do it.

Without further ruining my evilness further(ok it probably will but who cares) I would miss cuddles too much, I don’t mean just the :leer: kind but the actual cuddles that make you feel all close to your partner and protected and safe where you just chill together and talk about things. It would drive me crazy being in a relationship and not having that closeness, I hope you guys work things out and hopefully he moves closer :).

Oh, we know you are a big softie like Chewie deep down. ;)

Yes, the lack of cuddling is pretty horrible. Both the actual spoony cuddly type, and the :leer: type. You try to make up for it on the occasions you actually see each other, and you always run out of time for all the fun stuff you want to do together. Sometimes you run around to go all the places you want to see and visit friends and stuff, and then run out of time to just chill together and have long intimate talks about everything.

And oh no, that is the one thing that is decidedly NOT going to happen. He does not have an interest in moving anywhere. And ... he does not want me to move for him, because he is too afraid that it won't work out between us and I will be left alone in a foreign place. He does not have a good trust in stability of relationships as a whole. It is a bummer. :/ 

15 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Aw that sounds like you had lots of fun!.

Do you have quite long hair naturally?.

Mmm, not exactly! Or at least not now. If you had asked in August I'd have said yes, because I had not cut my hair in a year :P

But I cut it again this summer just above my shoulders and now I have like mid length. It grows up very quickly. So I had hair enough for the two ponytails needed for her, but they were very short, and I felt they were not long enough since hers are longer. 

I had so much trouble cutting them because I only realised at 1am that they were made of plastic and normal hair scissors are not the best option, XD.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That sounds ... very complicated. But if it works and you want it, then you should try it.

It was very popular at one of my departments and there were many options too. The professors support it a lot, so it was easy to find a spot. I know many people who went on one and most people had the most amazing time. It is really worth it.

Yes, in some days just after a project I have to work with for this week I'll try to contact, at least to know more in depth about the issue, even if it seems so complicated right now.

Thanks. It feels good to even write some things down. Even if I don't know what exactly I am even writing, because it is so confusing that I cannot even summarise it in words.

I think that if you think something has to work out ... you have to work for it. At least in this instance. The problem is, I do not know if it is even worth working on it, will it work out well enough? But I cannot really know unless I try, right? :wacko:

Yes, absolutely, if you think this, you have to be proactive, even if slightly. Or at least try. But not with stress.

Not knowing about "if worth enough" or potential future scenarios is a completley understandable thing that can come to your mind, but it's not "worth" or advisable overthinking too much. Live the moment and then things will flow in some way or another.

And my advise of not overthinking is very hypocritical, since I'm a person who overthinks almost everything she does, thinks or feels in my life. But when I feel better is when I'm not doing it, that's why I'm saying this ;)

You know you cannot post something like that and expect us not to demand photos, right? :P

:P 

Okay! I'll send something via PM as soon as I have time. I'm still compiling material. If anyone else is curious, tell me.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, we know you are a big softie like Chewie deep down. ;)

Yes, the lack of cuddling is pretty horrible. Both the actual spoony cuddly type, and the :leer: type. You try to make up for it on the occasions you actually see each other, and you always run out of time for all the fun stuff you want to do together. Sometimes you run around to go all the places you want to see and visit friends and stuff, and then run out of time to just chill together and have long intimate talks about everything.

And oh no, that is the one thing that is decidedly NOT going to happen. He does not have an interest in moving anywhere. And ... he does not want me to move for him, because he is too afraid that it won't work out between us and I will be left alone in a foreign place. He does not have a good trust in stability of relationships as a whole. It is a bummer. :/ 

Both types of cuddles are important, I’ve only started feeling like wanting the :leer: type again in the last couple of months, having mini Sith made me not feel like them at all for a while, but I ALWAYS need the spooning, talking cuddles though!.

That sucks that you guys can’t find a solution that works and are kind of in limbo, I really hope you work something out soon that makes you both happy.

11 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Mmm, not exactly! Or at least not now. If you had asked in August I'd have said yes, because I had not cut my hair in a year :P

But I cut it again this summer just above my shoulders and now I have like mid length. It grows up very quickly. So I had hair enough for the two ponytails needed for her, but they were very short, and I felt they were not long enough since hers are longer. 

I had so much trouble cutting them because I only realised at 1am that they were made of plastic and normal hair scissors are not the best option, XD.

Yes, in some days just after a project I have to work with for this week I'll try to contact, at least to know more in depth about the issue, even if it seems so complicated right now.

Yes, absolutely, if you think this, you have to be proactive, even slightly. Or at least try. But not with stress.

Not knowing about "if worth enough" or potential future scenarios is a completley understandable thing that can come to your mind, but it's not "worth" or advisable overthinking too much. Live the moment and then things will flow in some way or another.

And my advise of not overthinking is very hypocritical, since I'm a person who overthinks almost everything she does, thinks or feels in my life. But when I feel better is when I'm not doing it, that's what I'm saying this ;)

:P 

Okay! I'll send something via PM as soon as I have time. I'm still compiling material. If anyone else is curious, tell me.

I cut mine a bit shorter a while back but now it is nearly all the way down my back again, I love my hair :D, your cosplay sounds really good and it sounds like you had a great time too.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:10 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, It’s quite nasty... I mean the natural pace of getting dark would have been perfect. It was getting dark around 6 here too. Then BAMM, we switch to winter time and it’s pitch dark at 5. And the Christmas lights are not even up. 

The issue for me is that I don’t enjoy drinking. The whole arch of the night and others will pull me along so I’ll drink, but generally, it’s not fun, as I’m too old for drinking enough to get all hazy and giggly and all. I drink just the right amount to remain in perfect control but still enough so that it kicks in by the time I get up and I’ll spend the night drinking water, going to the loo and waiting for my head to stop spinning so I can finally sleep. I hate that. And I hate the morning after when I’m tired and my stomach wants to rip from hunger because I haven’t eaten since the previous lunch. I just hate it.

Make no mistake, this happens about twice, maaaaybe three times every half a year, so it’s hardly regular. But I hate it every time and I tell myself I won’t do such next time and then I still do. Bleh. 

Those sweets look incredibly tasty! They look halloweeny but still seem like actual delicious cookies rather than some tasteless sugary crap. 

I haven’t read back in years, lady O. No worries at all. 

Happy halloween to you too and to your little ones! Did they both dress up for Halloween? You did mention that little o wanted to be something from a cartoon I’m too old to know once. Did he end up with that idea? 

They did dress up - we ended up going to several events over the course of a week and got good use out of their costumes. He went as nightmare foxy which is some character from a jump scare game. 

I enjoy the change in weather of November but I live in AZ and it’s so hot for the summer months that anything below 100F is welcomed. I do very much miss the change of color in leaves and what not since we don’t really have that. And it starts to bother me that it gets dark early after a while but I also know by May we will be roasting once again. I do enjoy the fact that we are a state that does not observe daylight savings time. Makes it much easier. 

@Buckwheat I do have experience with long distance but in a very different way. I went through a few deployments with Mr. O so we were apart for about a year each time. It was hard because I never knew if he’d make it back alive or in one piece (and in many ways he did not come back the same man I married). Had we been separated due to other circumstances it would have been easier. You seem to be happy with the supernatural entity when you are together. Do you date otherwise? Are you hoping for something more serious with him in the future? Is moving a possibility? The only thing I see is that you seem to enjoy your time together. That’s the important part right? 

Baby update - I’m sorry if I am repeating myself - but she has two teeth and two more on the way. She can roll over and can almost sit up without assistance. She’s 4 months old now. Her little Mohawk is becoming more prominent because she’s losing the hair on the sides :lol: she gets many comments on her hairstyle. She’s an absolute sweetheart. She wakes up with a big smile and is very happy. I do wish she’d sleep through the night (still waking up 3-4 times) as I’m exhausted. 

I don’t know if I mentioned it before but we had a big storm come through and we had a ton of rain which is unusual here. Our roof got messed up and our kitchen flooded. It was awful. It only now just been fixed and completed but the insurance covered it so I’m quite grateful for that. Huge pain in the rear though.

i did not mean to ramble on like this. I have no idea how that happened. 

@Lady Olenna aww that sounds adorable. Did he enjoy the costume? And did she? Babies sometimes get fussy when you put things on them, don’t they? Hope she enjoyed her first Halloween. 

And wow those are some serious milestones! Kudos to the little rose. Well she can go to Vikings cons and dress up as lagertha, she is really not much younger than tv makes that character look.... but the point is, I can’t even process how adorable she must be. 

As for the weather, it’s basically spring here. Last week we had 22-4C by day, now it’s slightly lower, 17-9C by day. And it was about 10-12C in Vienna over the weekend so now I have a headache and some half dead virus because I obviously caught a cold, which have me clogged ears (is that How you say it?). And I still have an appointment for my weird abdonment pain. Great times... I’m basically a school kid at this point who is counting the days back till the Christmas holiday. I’m just exhausted, I want this year to end. 

10 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

They did dress up - we ended up going to several events over the course of a week and got good use out of their costumes. He went as nightmare foxy which is some character from a jump scare game. 

I enjoy the change in weather of November but I live in AZ and it’s so hot for the summer months that anything below 100F is welcomed. I do very much miss the change of color in leaves and what not since we don’t really have that. And it starts to bother me that it gets dark early after a while but I also know by May we will be roasting once again. I do enjoy the fact that we are a state that does not observe daylight savings time. Makes it much easier. 

@Buckwheat I do have experience with long distance but in a very different way. I went through a few deployments with Mr. O so we were apart for about a year each time. It was hard because I never knew if he’d make it back alive or in one piece (and in many ways he did not come back the same man I married). Had we been separated due to other circumstances it would have been easier. You seem to be happy with the supernatural entity when you are together. Do you date otherwise? Are you hoping for something more serious with him in the future? Is moving a possibility? The only thing I see is that you seem to enjoy your time together. That’s the important part right? 

Baby update - I’m sorry if I am repeating myself - but she has two teeth and two more on the way. She can roll over and can almost sit up without assistance. She’s 4 months old now. Her little Mohawk is becoming more prominent because she’s losing the hair on the sides :lol: she gets many comments on her hairstyle. She’s an absolute sweetheart. She wakes up with a big smile and is very happy. I do wish she’d sleep through the night (still waking up 3-4 times) as I’m exhausted. 

I don’t know if I mentioned it before but we had a big storm come through and we had a ton of rain which is unusual here. Our roof got messed up and our kitchen flooded. It was awful. It only now just been fixed and completed but the insurance covered it so I’m quite grateful for that. Huge pain in the rear though.

Awwwwww so cute!, how is she dealing with teething?, mini Sith has been a bit grumpy but not as bad as some of my friends have said theirs were, she also has slept through to like 6am the last few days!:D, I’m hoping it becomes regular, and she hasn’t has as long naps in the day, the main thing now though is crawling, crawling everywhere, and she has been trying to hold onto things and take her first little steps but isn’t quite managing it yet and falls down on her butt, it’s incredibly cute though!.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:30 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

And my advise of not overthinking is very hypocritical, since I'm a person who overthinks almost everything she does, thinks or feels in my life. But when I feel better is when I'm not doing it, that's why I'm saying this ;)

Oh, I also have a tendency to overthink everything. I know what you mean. :P

On 11/4/2018 at 5:41 PM, Lord Sidious said:

Both types of cuddles are important, I’ve only started feeling like wanting the :leer: type again in the last couple of months, having mini Sith made me not feel like them at all for a while, but I ALWAYS need the spooning, talking cuddles though!.

That sucks that you guys can’t find a solution that works and are kind of in limbo, I really hope you work something out soon that makes you both happy.

Well, I was never in your situation, my interest in :leer: type cuddles never stopped (it did develop very late in my life, though).

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I do have experience with long distance but in a very different way. I went through a few deployments with Mr. O so we were apart for about a year each time. It was hard because I never knew if he’d make it back alive or in one piece (and in many ways he did not come back the same man I married). Had we been separated due to other circumstances it would have been easier.

That must have been a hard experience for you both. :grouphug: Wars, armies and everything connected to that are terrible things. I am glad you are back at the same place again.

You seem to be happy with the supernatural entity when you are together. Do you date otherwise?

Do you mean, do I have somebody "on the side"? Heh, no. :lol: Besides the supernatural entity, only one person has liked me enough to do something about it. I am unlikable and uninteresting like that.

Are you hoping for something more serious with him in the future?

I don't know. I would say no, at least I cannot allow myself to hope that now at all.

Is moving a possibility?

Him moving, absolutely no. Me moving anywhere in the neighbouring countires is a possibility, I guess. Since I have no clue what I am doing with my life and have no real attainable plan, I suppose yes. I can move wherever I want. He does not want me to move for him to where he is.

The only thing I see is that you seem to enjoy your time together. That’s the important part right?

Yes, I am certain I enjoy it and I want more of it when we are together. When we are not, I am attacked by doubts and overthinking and fears.

She must be adorable. I am sure she will sleep longer soon. :)

Your post was a pleasure to read, ramble on!

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

As for the weather, it’s basically spring here. Last week we had 22-4C by day, now it’s slightly lower, 17-9C by day. And it was about 10-12C in Vienna over the weekend so now I have a headache and some half dead virus because I obviously caught a cold, which have me clogged ears (is that How you say it?). And I still have an appointment for my weird abdonment pain. Great times... I’m basically a school kid at this point who is counting the days back till the Christmas holiday. I’m just exhausted, I want this year to end. 

:O You were in Vienna? Tell me, how is my precious city doing? Where did you go, what did you do?

On 11/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I cut mine a bit shorter a while back but now it is nearly all the way down my back again, I love my hair :D, your cosplay sounds really good and it sounds like you had a great time too.

I love both short and long. I normally prefer it shorter-medium length, bc it's more comfortable, but then I say to myself: "Oh, now I'd be having that looong hair and I don't....", and when I have long hair I say otherwise, long is tedious, especially in summer, xd

Yeah, we had an amazing time! My credit card also had the day of its life! and the cosplay....well....yeah I mean, I'm proud of it(I should have probably used fake eyelashes as well, though) but there were really amazing ones over there. Then again, some people go there every year and their costumes, hair.... are outstanding. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Envious of the higher temperatures!

Here it is crazy. The temperatures dropped like 15 degrees last week, out of a sudden, being winter. Now it's mild again. It's crazy. I never know what to wear. 

I hope you recover soon!!!!!!!

By the way....I don't know how, but I gained 3 kg in two weeks. The scales of the pharmacy say that I'm officially "over" the normal weight range. I won't be able to work on that 'cause till Thursday I'm again very busy. But I have to do something. I have to make myself in shape again, and, more importantly, re-achieve good levels of fitness.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:O You were in Vienna? Tell me, how is my precious city doing? Where did you go, what did you do?

I suppose it’s doing great, it’s not very generous with opening hours. I found it baffling that shops are closed on a Sunday, and even more so that everything (including a number of cafes) closes at 6pm on a Saturday. I did touristy stuff, visited some sights, went to Albertina and saw a Spanish Riding School performance. I was sick so I couldn’t enjoy the food as much as I wanted to. 

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here it is crazy. The temperatures dropped like 15 degrees last week, out of a sudden, being winter. Now it's mild again. It's crazy. I never know what to wear. 

By the way....I don't know how, but I gained 3 kg in two weeks. The scales of the pharmacy say that I'm officially "over" the normal weight range. I won't be able to work on that 'cause till Thursday I'm again very busy. But I have to do something. I have to make myself in shape again, and, more importantly, re-achieve good levels of fitness.

Same here and aside from the problem of getting dressed, the mood swings of the weather also come with headaches. 

Thank you. 

Yeah, I should get into fitness too. Not for weight reasons but for health reasons. Well, as soon as I pull myself together from this physical and mental slump I’ve driven myself into. 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I also have a tendency to overthink everything. I know what you mean. :P

Well, I was never in your situation, my interest in :leer: type cuddles never stopped (it did develop very late in my life, though).

Thank you.

Just wait until you have a mini Buck, if my experience is anything to go by you want :leer: cuddles all the time when you’re expecting-well after the morning sickness stops anyway and then after you’ve given birth nothing is further from your mind for like 6 months!.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I love both short and long. I normally prefer it shorter-medium length, bc it's more comfortable, but then I say to myself: "Oh, now I'd be having that looong hair and I don't....", and when I have long hair I say otherwise, long is tedious, especially in summer, xd

Yeah, we had an amazing time! My credit card also had the day of its life! and the cosplay....well....yeah I mean, I'm proud of it(I should have probably used fake eyelashes as well, though) but there were really amazing ones over there. Then again, some people go there every year and their costumes, hair.... are outstanding. 

I love having long hair but I know what you mean, it can be a bit annoying in the summer and it takes longer to wash, but I quite like washing my hair-except if you get shampoo or conditioner in your eyes,one of the worst things ever!.

I really like exercise and fitness, a good run listening to music just helps me unwind.

Best advice I can give you is just be more mindful when you eat and stuff-like not too late or close to bed time, and don’t have any carbs in the evening.

When you go to the gym don’t try and push yourself too hard too quickly if you have not been for a while because you will just feel ugh and it will put you off, but if you work up to it you start to feel really good and quickly too :).

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I really like exercise and fitness, a good run listening to music just helps me unwind.

Best advice I can give you is just be more mindful when you eat and stuff-like not too late or close to bed time, and don’t have any carbs in the evening.

When you go to the gym don’t try and push yourself too hard too quickly if you have not been for a while because you will just feel ugh and it will put you off, but if you work up to it you start to feel really good and quickly too :).

Yeah, thanks...and that's exactly what I do.... :wacko:<_<...and shouldn't.....

Not been in the gym in three weeks IIRC. Argh, I know I have to do it.....just....too hard. But if I don't it'd just get worse.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I suppose it’s doing great, it’s not very generous with opening hours. I found it baffling that shops are closed on a Sunday, and even more so that everything (including a number of cafes) closes at 6pm on a Saturday. I did touristy stuff, visited some sights, went to Albertina and saw a Spanish Riding School performance. I was sick so I couldn’t enjoy the food as much as I wanted to.

Oh yes, the opening hours are ... that is the Austrian way. :D I got used to it when I lived there, it is not hard. I suppose it is harder when you are a tourist and only there for a few days.

For some time when I was there, I lived quite close to the main train station, and the shops there were open late on Saturdays and also on Sundays. I went there once or twice, but I did not make that a habit.

Sorry about you being sick, I hope you are better now.

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Just wait until you have a mini Buck, if my experience is anything to go by you want :leer: cuddles all the time when you’re expecting-well after the morning sickness stops anyway and then after you’ve given birth nothing is further from your mind for like 6 months!.

Oh, I am sure I would like to have a mini Buck, but that is well, not an option if you do not have a person to make and raise one with to start with. :P Plus all the other problems when it comes to such questions.

I am sure it is as you describe - cannot really add anything to that. :D

Regarding sports and activities, I am so lazy I won't do anything if I do not have a scheduled thing where I have to show up and do as I am told. I also dislike most sports. I do not want to go to a gym alone and just start something by myself, I would feel stupid and then get bored in 3 minutes. But for anything scheduled, I currently have no time and also I am saving money for other stuff, soooo ... I should be more active. But I am just not. Yes, I know I am stupid.

Excuse my ramble. I am so tired. And I have the early lessons tomorrow again. I hate my schedule :(

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh yes, the opening hours are ... that is the Austrian way. :D I got used to it when I lived there, it is not hard. I suppose it is harder when you are a tourist and only there for a few days.

For some time when I was there, I lived quite close to the main train station, and the shops there were open late on Saturdays and also on Sundays. I went there once or twice, but I did not make that a habit.

Oh, I am sure I would like to have a mini Buck, but that is well, not an option if you do not have a person to make and raise one with to start with. :P Plus all the other problems when it comes to such questions.

Regarding sports and activities, I am so lazy I won't do anything if I do not have a scheduled thing where I have to show up and do as I am told. I also dislike most sports. I do not want to go to a gym alone and just start something by myself, I would feel stupid and then get bored in 3 minutes. But for anything scheduled, I currently have no time and also I am saving money for other stuff, soooo ... I should be more active. But I am just not. Yes, I know I am stupid.

Excuse my ramble. I am so tired. And I have the early lessons tomorrow again. I hate my schedule :(

Well it wasn’t something I was prepared for. I wasn’t too close to the station but that’s reassuring at least. But the trip was nice enough, I loved seeing the Christmas market being built. 

Thanks, I’m trying to be. 

Agree about fitness. Not that I have being overly busy as a reason to not do it, I’m just simply lazy, and I prefer to spend those 5-6 hours a week with watching shows or continuing my never ending home decor projects or making some treats. It’s awful, I know, but I just never liked sports and even the ones I liked were such an awful hassle. I used to go horse riding at weekends, but it basically occupied half the weekend and there was so much traveling. 

Hope you get enough sleep at least. When is the next time you get a couple days off? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Agree about fitness. Not that I have being overly busy as a reason to not do it, I’m just simply lazy, and I prefer to spend those 5-6 hours a week with watching shows or continuing my never ending home decor projects or making some treats. It’s awful, I know, but I just never liked sports and even the ones I liked were such an awful hassle. I used to go horse riding at weekends, but it basically occupied half the weekend and there was so much traveling. 

Hope you get enough sleep at least. When is the next time you get a couple days off? 

Most sports are terrible. :leaving:

Uhhhh ... at Christmas? I think this week is the worst because I also have a bunch of chores and appointments to be at. At least that should calm down.

I don't even come to writing for my dissertation because I just run around for work/other things to do and don't find a few hours to sit down at the library or at my desk to calm down, take my time and start researching. That is the worst thing. You cannot do that always checking the clock when the hour will be over and you have the next thing to catch.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well it wasn’t something I was prepared for. I wasn’t too close to the station but that’s reassuring at least. But the trip was nice enough, I loved seeing the Christmas market being built. 

Thanks, I’m trying to be. 

my usual training routine was like.....mmmm....one hour a week, xd.

yeah agree with the lazyness. And what Buck says about not going to the gym alone.

i don't like ot either. I had more fun when I went with people I knew. That of course are even less regular than me and ended up dropping it out or going to another gym doing yoga. And I don't like yoga....

i like sports, though. Not very good at them....I loved hockey, softball and paddle at school and let's say I am good at swimming, but onlylike doing it in an outdoors pool. Love tennis and paddle but the only person that enjoys doing it from evwryone I know lives one thousand miles away and when he comes doesn't want to do it anymore bc he has also become lazy towards sports even if he was outstanding at that in particular.....and he prefers to focus on the stuff we like. Like eating more...

i guess the only "incentive" I get is seeing the trainer who is kind of cute, XD. It takes me a lot to put myself into gym mode. Although....well whwn I start sometimes I get motivated. Now the machines are new and we can watch videoclips. But.... Seriously...my gym routine sucks.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:22 PM, RhaenysBee said:

You can say, "clogged ears", but "blocked ears" is a little more usual.

I'm envious of your warm temps. It's getting ready to drop to near freezing all next week. Yuck.

As for exercise, I'm used to getting mine from chores. Buy a house with a big yard. You'll get your exercise taking care of the place. :D

Speaking of yard work, I do not hate a lot of things in this world, but I HATE motorized leaf blowers. Raking leaves is one of best outdoor chores there is - peaceful and satisfying. Leaf blower noise is among the worst sounds on earth. I get that the professionals have to use them, but homeowners with a small yard using leaf blowers on a Saturday afternoon and destroying the peace for all their neighbors? :devil:

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I’m sure you will have an awesome mini Buck one day :D.

52 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yeah agree with the lazyness. And what Buck says about not going to the gym alone.

i don't like ot either. I had more fun when I went with people I knew. That of course are even less regular than me and ended up dropping it out or going to another gym doing yoga. And I don't like yoga....

i like sports, though. Not very good at them....I loved hockey, softball and paddle at school and let's say I am good at swimming, but onlylike doing it in an outdoors pool. Love tennis and paddle but the only person that enjoys doing it from evwryone I know lives one thousand miles away and when he comes doesn't want to do it anymore bc he has also become lazy towards sports even if he was outstanding at that in particular.....and he prefers to focus on the stuff we like. Like eating more...

i guess the only "incentive" I get is seeing the trainer who is kind of cute, XD. It takes me a lot to put myself into gym mode. Although....well whwn I start sometimes I get motivated. Now the machines are new and we can watch videoclips. But.... Seriously...my gym routine sucks.

I much prefer going to the gym alone, I don’t like it as much if I go with a friend or my fiancée because I find I end up talking to them more and I don’t do as much or stay as focussed.

Haha yeah get yourself a cute trainer that will give you lots of incentive to go more :leer:.

5 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

You can say, "clogged ears", but "blocked ears" is a little more usual.

I'm envious of your warm temps. It's getting ready to drop to near freezing all next week. Yuck.

As for exercise, I'm used to getting mine from chores. Buy a house with a big yard. You'll get your exercise taking care of the place. :D

Speaking of yard work, I do not hate a lot of things in this world, but I HATE motorized leaf blowers. Raking leaves is one of best outdoor chores there is - peaceful and satisfying. Leaf blower noise is among the worst sounds on earth. I get that the professionals have to use them, but homeowners with a small yard using leaf blowers on a Saturday afternoon and destroying the peace for all their neighbors? :devil:

Ah Thank you for clearing that! 

Well, it’s still very very warm for November. 

I like that kind of exercise but I can’t afford a house with a garden in the city and I don’t want to move to the suburbs at the tender age of 25 with no family of my own. 

I don’t know anybody who owns a leaf blower. It was raking at my parents house too. 

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I mean once a week is not a routine for my mind, once a week is way too easy to drop. Three times a week is what I see as sustainable, because even if I miss one there are still two other occasion and it’s frequent enough to drill the routine of doing sports into my brain.  But who the heck is going to start that? Not me... :leaving: no, I really need to do something because my little body is decaying from stress and no physical activity. Also, I don’t like my legs, they could use a little work. 

Archived