TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

14 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

oh I don't like that but this is because I am weird. (I prefer white rice:dunno:).. But Those who love paella love it so much so yeah I understand your feeling!

good Sunday. Cinema and a meeting..

That is ok, I like both types of rice so I really like seafood paella :D.

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hi guys :) 

Surely the lord knows that the way of the Sith is the proper one, of course he spared you.

My Sunday is pretty relaxed, which was nice because trying to combine uni with sports, work and a social life leaves little room for anything else. But I'm doing pretty great.

Of course, the way of the Sith is the only true way to live.

38 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hi FOMN! Good to see you around the place. :)

Ah Remembrance Day, and going to church . . .

This is going to sound like a joke, which is not meant to be. We Americans have forgotten that it's Remembrance Day, because over here it has been turned into Veteran's Day.

Church I do not go to at all any more, being an atheist. Yet, I was in a church about ten days ago for a memorial service for a friend. There were hymns and the Lord's Prayer and all that stuff, which I did for the sake of the friend and his family, but for myself - I do not need it.

It is just after 6 am here - my normal wake up time, but today I've already been up four hours. Just back from driving a friend to the airport for a flight back to Mexico. The awkward thing was that I arrived home around 5;30 - too early to be up, but too late to get back in bed. I guess I should go attempt my pictionary drawing. :dunno:

I had kind of weird situation my mother was/is Catholic and my dad wasn’t religious at all, so I had to go to church and stuff when I was little but I didn’t believe any of it and I still don’t, like you though, for things like funerals or rememberence day I’m ok with going to one because I look at it more as comforting the grieving or paying your respects to those brave men and women who gave up those lives.

On 11/8/2018 at 6:25 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

York ham and cheese. They were after so many hours without eating and just coffee in the stomach! 

Ah...I actually took a pic just before, xd. The one on the right is called "Bikini" here. (sandwich of york and cheese like a croque monsieur).

Tell me about Maduixa. I could google, but that looks like a delicious Ham and Cheese sandwich.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:53 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Horse riding was great for my back, but it totally killed my knees. What they usually suggest to relieve the strain on your knees is using longer stirrups but I was never good enough to let go of the control my regular stirrup length provided. Well, it was scheduling that made me drop horse riding eventually. It’s sad, I miss it a lot. 

Wooooooow, those are very pretty!!!! Not my style at all, but I can totally envision how they would bring an outfit to the next level. Very nice Christmas gift! 

My Christmas wishlist is boring, it’s a new laptop. Booo :/ But if I were to change it to something exciting It’d be a camel colored Chloe Drew. Whooooo. 

I haven't been horseback riding in over 15 years, last time was with a church camp group. Too busy with work to drive the 1.5 hour South. 
As for knee, sometimes it isn't the knee, but the muscles around the knee that get strained. You can try Psoas muscles release position http://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2094465 I hope it helps.

53 minutes ago, alostsister said:

Tell me about Maduixa. I could google, but that looks like a delicious Ham and Cheese sandwich.

I haven't been horseback riding in over 15 years, last time was with a church camp group. Too busy with work to drive the 1.5 hour South. 
As for knee, sometimes it isn't the knee, but the muscles around the knee that get strained. You can try Psoas muscles release position http://jaoa.org/article.aspx?articleid=2094465 I hope it helps.

Maduixa is the catalan word for strawberry. It refers to the yoghurt :P

Remembrance Day was started after WW I I guess with the point of wishing for peace/remembering the cost of war. I gather that in France and Germany they still do that while it has morphed into a celebration and giving of thanks to veterans here in the USA.

Game of Thrones seems to be seeping into everyday life in a way not seen since "Who shot JR?" from the TV serial, Dallas swept the nation in the 80's (70's?). How so? My bank sends me email statements each month with "The North Remembers" in the subject line. I drove by our firehouse and they had a message board out that read, "Winter is coming!" There are probably other things like that I haven't noticed yet.

23 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Remembrance Day was started after WW I I guess with the point of wishing for peace/remembering the cost of war. I gather that in France and Germany they still do that while it has morphed into a celebration and giving of thanks to veterans here in the USA.

Game of Thrones seems to be seeping into everyday life in a way not seen since "Who shot JR?" from the TV serial, Dallas swept the nation in the 80's (70's?). How so? My bank sends me email statements each month with "The North Remembers" in the subject line. I drove by our firehouse and they had a message board out that read, "Winter is coming!" There are probably other things like that I haven't noticed yet.

This has reminded me of something funny, quite a while back now there was a guy at the gym and he was wearing a House Lannister t shirt with the lion emblem and thier words on it, I was wearing a dark grey tee with the Targaryen sigil on it and he noticed it and I noticed his, I gave him a real Fry from Futurama style evil look and carried on with my workout :D.

There was also a guy more recently who was wearing one that’s said-Trust me I’m a Jedi, I gave him the same look, altough I doubt he had any idea why, maybe he just thought I hated Star Wars.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So I, um kind of handed in another application for a semester abroad. If this goes through, I am moving out of the country (again) next autumn.

I love being a student. :commie:

congrats! lucky you!

I still am trying to contact with that association. Somehow, the contact they gave me doesn't work there anymore, so I've just been given another... <_<

28 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

congrats! lucky you!

I still am trying to contact with that association. Somehow, the contact they gave me doesn't work there anymore, so I've just been given another... <_<

Well, there is nothing to congratulate for! Don't be too quick, you might jinx it! I handed in an application, that is all.

That is ... universitites for you, in my experience. It all works out in the end, but you don't know how, and it eats up way more of your nerves than necessary.

Your daily stupid Buzzfeed quiz.

Daaaaaamn, why would the internet do that to me?

Spoiler
You got: Nathaniel Plimpton

Like Nathaniel, you're just a little bit misunderstood. He doesn't particularly love showing feelings, but you don't mind (too much). You two get along so well because you truly understand one another.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, there is nothing to congratulate for! Don't be too quick, you might jinx it! I handed in an application, that is all.

That is ... universitites for you, in my experience. It all works out in the end, but you don't know how, and it eats up way more of your nerves than necessary.

I hope it goes well then!

Nerves nerves that is!!! At least I'll continue till I reach the point of getting enough information..after 3 attempts, yeah the 4th has to work out right? :P

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hide contents

Like Nathaniel, you're just a little bit misunderstood. He doesn't particularly love showing feelings, but you don't mind (too much). You two get along so well because you truly understand one another.

I got Josh?, I had to do some guesswork as I’ve not seen the show, I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I got Josh?, I had to do some guesswork as I’ve not seen the show, I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

I mean, I don't know either. :P Josh is the kind of simple (as in, he is not particularly intellectually talented) friendly guy "who still skateboards", and he is in his late 20s. Is that something you would consider good or bad? :P

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

:commie: :commie: someone’s sharing a buzzfeed quiz And It’s not me :commie: :commie: 

i got the same result, I would be perfectly fine with it. 

28 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Right, right. Well, then Nathaniel for me. don’t settle for him... oh don’t settle for him. 

The truth is, everybody in that series is messed up in some way. Maybe they are all just broken.

Cue George's trumpets! Maybe I'm just broken, papa pa papa! Maybe I'm just broken! Trumpets now!

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, I don't know either. :P Josh is the kind of simple (as in, he is not particularly intellectually talented) friendly guy "who still skateboards", and he is in his late 20s. Is that something you would consider good or bad? :P

Well for starters he is a he so he’s out of the running already, but no he doesn’t sound like the sort of person I’d go for at all.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:16 PM, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I did the quizz as well, xd :P

Must say I picked some choices just for the pics I preferred, though.

I got this one:

Those who know...Who is he? He looks handsome and kind of crazy???

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Definitely......sounds good. No, sorry,....really good. Or maybe I say this because I like the surfing/skateboarding culture, so the entire sentence looks kind of attractive.

And today I attended my graduation ceremony!

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Those who know...Who is he? He looks handsome and kind of crazy???

Oh, he is crazy. Basically everybody in thar show is. Also, why should we root for someone male, straigt and white? (That is a reference to a scene from the series.) 

You should watch it. :P

Definitely......sounds good. No, sorry,....really good. Or maybe I say this because I like the surfing/skateboarding culture, so the entire sentence looks kind of attractive.

Well more power to you! I mean, Josh would be entirely too stupid for me, but if you are more into sports, particularly surfing and skateboarding, you would like this character.

And today I attended my graduation ceremony!

Yaaaaay! It's confirmed! It's official! The group mind has decided you are great!

That was for your BA, right? As far as I remember, you are doing a MA now.

Archived