TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well more power to you! I mean, Josh would be entirely too stupid for me, but if you are more into sports, particularly surfing and skateboarding, you would like this character.

Is this your way of calling me stupid? :o:crying:.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Also, is it annoying for you guys when I post my home decorating / furnishing dilemmas? (If so I won't do it again, if not, I might post a couple more :O ) 

Nope at all. I love this kind of things actually!

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Huh? No. I only said that I prefer more academically inclined people for me to associate with, not sportsmen. That is all.

I’m greedy, I like them to be intelligent and athletic :D, I have a feeling you and my fiancée would be the best of friends actually, she’s fluent in 4 languages.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Also, is it annoying for you guys when I post my home decorating / furnishing dilemmas? (If so I won't do it again, if not, I might post a couple more :O ) 

No!, not at all, I like giving my opinion and trying to help with your interior design ideas :).

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Anybody here watched Knightfall?

No.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No.

36 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m greedy, I like them to be intelligent and athletic :D, I have a feeling you and my fiancée would be the best of friends actually, she’s fluent in 4 languages.

No!, not at all, I like giving my opinion and trying to help with your interior design ideas :).

Ah, I think I can say I am only fluent in 3.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well more power to you! I mean, Josh would be entirely too stupid for me, but if you are more into sports, particularly surfing and skateboarding, you would like this character.

I can't say I'm very into sports, but I've never disliked doing exercise, and I particularly like some sports, such as swimming and paddle. Unfortunately for me, I never got the chance to skateboard nor surf, (and let's be frank here, I find them a little bit risky) but I do love watching people practising them. And....regardless of that I'm super fan of the "surfing" style in clothing.

Speaking of sports, today I returned to the gym, like last Friday. I managed to run for 30 minutes at a speed of 8km/h. I don't like running, I prefer walking, but with the help of music, maybe I'll achieve my goal of losing those extra kg...the trainer greeted me, I think he wants to weight me because it's been a long time, but I don't dare to do it, since last time I was more fit (in Spring).

it was difficult, because this year in Sping when I started "running" I could not stay more than 10min on the treadmill. And now, with a lot of mental strength, I do manage a little more!

Yaaaaay! It's confirmed! It's official! The group mind has decided you are great!

That was for your BA, right? As far as I remember, you are doing a MA now.

Thanks!!yeshh:bowdown:

Yeah, I guess BA stands for Bachelor of Arts? (Sorry for my ignorance here). Well, in theory it would be a Bachelor of Science, but in Spain there's no distinction between those two terms, anyway :P. (There are just Bachelors).

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No.

No.

Ah, I think I can say I am only fluent in 3.

She’s also a huge Stark fan girl, and no you can’t have her for yourself :P.

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I can't say I'm very into sports, but I've never disliked doing exercise, and I particularly like some sports, such as swimming and paddle. Unfortunately for me, I never got the chance to skateboard nor surf, (and let's be frank here, I find them a little bit risky) but I do love watching people practising them. And....regardless of that I'm super fan of the "surfing" style in clothing.

Speaking of sports, today I returned to the gym, like last Friday. I managed to run for 30 minutes at a speed of 8km/h. I don't like running, I prefer walking, but with the help of music, maybe I'll achieve my goal of losing those extra kg...the trainer greeted me, I think he wants to weight me because it's been a long time, but I don't dare to do it, since last time I was more fit (in Spring).

it was difficult, because this year in Sping when I started "running" I could not stay more than 10min on the treadmill. And now, with a lot of mental strength, I do manage a little more!

Thanks!!yeshh:bowdown:

Yeah, I guess BA stands for Bachelor of Arts? (Sorry for my ignorance here). Well, in theory it would be a Bachelor of Science, but in Spain there's no distinction between those two terms, anyway :P. (There are just Bachelors).

Yay!, keep it up, you will be back where you want to be fitness wise in no time:D.

Thanks all, now I feel permitted to bombard you with the furnishing decisions I can’t make. :drunk: 

good luck to every student with their applications to courses/semesters abroad/whatever opportunity you have on your plates! 

And congrats to you, @Meera of Tarth! :cheers: Happy graduation! Do you feel frighteningly adult? Will you be doing a Masters? 

As for Knightfall, it was an utter shitshow with no common sense or consistency or a single relatable/likable character. 

14 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh yes, that is what I meant, a Bachelor's degree. I usually think of BA and MA (Bachelor/Master of Arts) because I am there somewhere and know most people in humanities.

13 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

She’s also a huge Stark fan girl, and no you can’t have her for yourself :P.

Huh? I certainly did not plan on that.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thanks all, now I feel permitted to bombard you with the furnishing decisions I can’t make. :drunk: 

good luck to every student with their applications to courses/semesters abroad/whatever opportunity you have on your plates! 

And congrats to you, @Meera of Tarth! :cheers: Happy graduation! Do you feel frighteningly adult? Will you be doing a Masters? 

As for Knightfall, it was an utter shitshow with no common sense or consistency or a single relatable/likable character. 

Thanks! Oh yes I do...but mostly because in my case I'm even older than the rest and I can't help but compare....(I reached the "3" number...:crying:). Even if...well, for some reason I don't think my mental age matches my real one, I feel younger...:crying: Sometimes, some people say I don't look my age, and I like that...:dunno:

I did another degree than I didn't like before, but I finished it, and during this bachelor I also started working (not full time though but it's time) so it took me more time than usual. And yeah, now I'm doing the Master of the same degree (since old engineerings used to last 5 years but now after the European process that took place they are 4 courses -bachelor- and 2 more for Master). So a year more and more expensive...(Masters cost more, but in terms of professional atributions you reach the same as before, just more subjects).

So I guess I'm an "eternal student" with an immense willpower to continue and curiosity for learning or something like that. But sometimes I just feel that degrees are too long.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh yes, that is what I meant, a Bachelor's degree. I usually think of BA and MA (Bachelor/Master of Arts) because I am there somewhere and know most people in humanities.

Ah cool, like what I thought then :)

One of the good moments of the graduation was that I found my Informatics professor there, who helped me a lot extra hours going to ask doubts since last semester I was just basically doing this last subject (a subject from second year I had a lot of panic about and that I had failed before....it even provoked me to be blocked in the exams, and a certain anxiety) and she was very glad that I was graduating.

The parleys of the guys were also quite interesting, with some witty -harsh-remarks around how much we all have struggled during the bach :P.

Actually, a part of me would have liked more flexibility around the electives and so on. More an "Arts" thingie. I love numbers, but I also like art, creativity, and humanities/languages. I even took electives of History (around engineering and Maths though, these were the ones available) whenever I had the opportunity.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I was only teasing, I know multilingual blonde Russians aren’t your type :P.

If I’m asked to play with friends again I really want to cover this song:

I don’t know, I’m having a real thing for playing some of my favourite artists piano based numbers recently, now I’ve started to play it again.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

That’s awful. I’m so sorry. Hope you get it back to life soon! 

I took it to the repair shop today and ... the guy turned it on no problem, only he said it is weirdly slow. I told him this was normal for my laptop. I left it there for them to test it in some ways to figure out what is wrong. But at least I could copy some of the documents that I was very worried about, so at least that makes me happy! :commie: But during the copying of the folders, which took way longer than it should, the USB stick got really hot, which I don't think is okay.

Bottom line: I probably need a new computer, cause having this one repaired every half a year is getting tiresome and costs more money than it is probably worth, and they never repair it completely anyway.

32 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I took it to the repair shop today and ... the guy turned it on no problem, only he said it is weirdly slow. I told him this was normal for my laptop. I left it there for them to test it in some ways to figure out what is wrong. But at least I could copy some of the documents that I was very worried about, so at least that makes me happy! :commie: But during the copying of the folders, which took way longer than it should, the USB stick got really hot, which I don't think is okay.

Bottom line: I probably need a new computer, cause having this one repaired every half a year is getting tiresome and costs more money than it is probably worth, and they never repair it completely anyway.

Oh I’m glad a solution, even if temporary, is on the way. And great that you had a chance to save some important files. 

And yeah I agree that at some point it’s more economic to invest in a new laptop instead of spending more and more on an old a poorly functioning laptop. I should get a new one too. But first I’ll get a new job. 

Archived