TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

*Internal squalling becomes external.* :commie: :commie: :commie: Ladies and gents, it’s that time of the year! It’s 2C (never mind it was 24 just two weeks ago) and it has snowed in multiple parts of the country today (not here, but it’s always warmer in the city so snow usually escapes us, but never mind). The first crappy Christmas movies are out, I’m watching the princess switch thing on Netflix, it’s attrocious but I’m sitting on the sofa with a blanket and a Christmas candle and some (not yet Christmas) chocolate, so I’m absolutely loving this fourth class, hallmark level piece of entertainment. :commie: :commie: 

29 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

*Internal squalling becomes external.* :commie: :commie: :commie: Ladies and gents, it’s that time of the year! It’s 2C (never mind it was 24 just two weeks ago) and it has snowed in multiple parts of the country today (not here, but it’s always warmer in the city so snow usually escapes us, but never mind). The first crappy Christmas movies are out, I’m watching the princess switch thing on Netflix, it’s attrocious but I’m sitting on the sofa with a blanket and a Christmas candle and some (not yet Christmas) chocolate, so I’m absolutely loving this fourth class, hallmark level piece of entertainment. :commie: :commie: 

It has been snowing lighly here the whole day! Nothing stays on the floor yet, but I am excited nonetheless.

Crappy Christmas movies have been running here for like two weeks already, whenever my mother has the remote, which is most of the time, and I am being a horrible sarcastic commenter every time I am in the room. I try not to be there often. I don't see how anybody can watch so many of these movies, they are so repetitive - how the hell do you not get bored? And then she accuses me that I only want to watch scifi all the time, and ... I really basically only watch Star Wars once in a while and don't care for the rest of scifi. I, uh, basically never get the access to the TV.

Okay, that basically went very off track, I was replying to your wintery post, so I am just going to say, glad to hear you are having a nice evening. I just came from work.

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It has been snowing lighly here the whole day! Nothing stays on the floor yet, but I am excited nonetheless.

Crappy Christmas movies have been running here for like two weeks already, whenever my mother has the remote, which is most of the time, and I am being a horrible sarcastic commenter every time I am in the room. I try not to be there often. I don't see how anybody can watch so many of these movies, they are so repetitive - how the hell do you not get bored? And then she accuses me that I only want to watch scifi all the time, and ... I really basically only watch Star Wars once in a while and don't care for the rest of scifi. I, uh, basically never get the access to the TV.

Okay, that basically went very off track, I was replying to your wintery post, so I am just going to say, glad to hear you are having a nice evening. I just came from work.

so is it confirmed that watching crappy xnas movies is a trend amongst mothers then.....!

57 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

i am envious....11 degrees here.

what's the point of cold without snow?? Mmm

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

so is it confirmed that watching crappy xnas movies is a trend amongst mothers then.....!

I mean, hello! *waves* here’s a person who isn’t a mother and still likes crappy Christmas movies! *points at herself* 

But I’ll take that as a good luck charm that I’ll have a chance to be a vexing mother who likes crappy Christmas movies one day. 

28 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:commie: you are so lucky with snow in slo. 

These storylines are classics. I mean you don’t get bored with fairy tales either. These are just the same with a sprinkle of Christmas music and Christmas decoration and if one’s luck with at least one strong actor, simple and one dimensional but likable characters and a dash of cliche comedy relief. It’s just so nice and cozy and dreamy and makes you feel warm and fluffy and happy with life. Or me. I’m sorry, I don’t know where all this sloppy and tacky talk comes from. 

Do you always work so late? :/ 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ugh I'm not fond of Christmas at all, but I suppose I will have to start getting in to the spirit of it more as mini Sith gets older, I can't believe she is 10.5 months already :D.

I mean, hello! *waves* here’s a person who isn’t a mother and still likes crappy Christmas movies! *points at herself* 

mm I might not be into crappy Christmas movies.... but I like watching movies with blankets and candles when it's cold outside.

I still have a popcorn candle that I received as a gift. Maybe it's time to use it....

But I’ll take that as a good luck charm that I’ll have a chance to be a vexing mother who likes crappy Christmas movies one day. 

of coursee

These storylines are classics. I mean you don’t get bored with fairy tales either. These are just the same with a sprinkle of Christmas music and Christmas decoration and if one’s luck with at least one strong actor, simple and one dimensional but likable characters and a dash of cliche comedy relief. It’s just so nice and cozy and dreamy and makes you feel warm and fluffy and happy with life. Or me. I’m sorry, I don’t know where all this sloppy and tacky talk comes from. 

Do you always work so late? :/ 

Fairytales are something different! At least they have magic in them. And I tell you, they are far more diverse than these movies, which ... says a lot.

I mean, I guess it is not bad to watch such a movie once in a while, but them running every day is terrible.  I do not find them funny either. Just awfully sentimental, clichéd, repetitive and predictable, too perfect in their world. I think I grew out of that since my teens.

I work till 18.45 most days and get home between 19.30 and 19.45. Last semester I worked till 21.30 once a week, but right now I don't have any evening classes.

39 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ugh I'm not fond of Christmas at all, but I suppose I will have to start getting in to the spirit of it more as mini Sith gets older, I can't believe she is 10.5 months already :D.

Awwww soon there will be the first candle to blow!

Aaaaaand you guys made me want to cuddle up to watch something (not a clichéd Xmas movie) with the supernatural entity. :( I would have wanted to force him to at least try CXG.

50 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Fairytales are something different! At least they have magic in them. And I tell you, they are far more diverse than these movies, which ... says a lot.

I mean, I guess it is not bad to watch such a movie once in a while, but them running every day is terrible.  I do not find them funny either. Just awfully sentimental, clichéd, repetitive and predictable, too perfect in their world. I think I grew out of that since my teens.

I work till 18.45 most days and get home between 19.30 and 19.45. Last semester I worked till 21.30 once a week, but right now I don't have any evening classes.

Aaaaaand you guys made me want to cuddle up to watch something (not a clichéd Xmas movie) with the supernatural entity. :( I would have wanted to force him to at least try CXG.

Huuuuuhhhhh? Christmas movies HAVE magic in them! Santa crashed his sleigh in Central Park and then fueled up with Christmas cheer to escape the cops in Elf, and a random dad metamorphed into Santa in Santa Clause, a random metamorphing guy makes Christmas wishes come true in this princess thing, magic advent calendar in the other new Netflix thing, aaaaaand da grinch, duh!

and hey, each to their own, I don’t plan on growing out of Christmas movies. Or Disney. Or fairy tales. Aww. 

That doesn’t sound good. :/ 

17 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Huuuuuhhhhh? Christmas movies HAVE magic in them! Santa crashed his sleigh in Central Park and then fueled up with Christmas cheer to escape the cops in Elf, and a random dad metamorphed into Santa in Santa Clause, a random metamorphing guy makes Christmas wishes come true in this princess thing, magic advent calendar in the other new Netflix thing, aaaaaand da grinch, duh!

and hey, each to their own, I don’t plan on growing out of Christmas movies. Or Disney. Or fairy tales. Aww. 

If you don't mind a dad's perspective . . . watching your child enjoy Christmas is the best. While I did love it as a child, this was even better . . . but now that she's grown up it's not the same. Decorating and putting up lights is a formality done to not disappoint neighbors.

Speaking of Xmas movies specifically, a fb friend posted a number of stills from a famous Christmas movie and talked about its making at length without naming it ever. I actually had to ask - it was A Christmas Story, which I do not believe I've ever seen.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh. We are decidedly not talking about the same movies. Not sure you have the channel that runs in our house, but those are not the movies it plays.

Also, here is a recommendation for you, the best Christmas movie I know: Letters to Santa / Listy do M. It is in Polish, but if you happen to find it with any subtitles understandable to you, then I very much recommend it.

Of course I don't plan to grow out of fairytales, Walter Moers also wrote some! :D

What was not good - the work thing or the supernatural entity thing?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. We are decidedly not talking about the same movies. Not sure you have the channel that runs in our house, but those are not the movies it plays.

Also, here is a recommendation for you, the best Christmas movie I know: Letters to Santa / Listy do M. It is in Polish, but if you happen to find it with any subtitles understandable to you, then I very much recommend it.

Of course I don't plan to grow out of fairytales, Walter Moers also wrote some! :D

What was not good - the work thing or the supernatural entity thing?

Ooooh, so that’s why we disagree. I mean otherwise we always agree on everything like taste in seasons, clothes and especially men, amirite? :lol: but yeah that still explains a lot about our Christmas movie differences.

i don’t have any channels, I have Netflix and a DVD player (which I haven’t used in about two years, but still). I don’t know letters to Santa, might check it out, thanks. 

The work schedule. I’m not familiar with the supernatural entity situation’s current status so I wouldn’t be able to say what I think that sounds like. 

And DAMN, I can’t believe, I’m like half a post stamp distance from you and we don’t have snow! I’m so envious right now. 

16 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ooooh, so that’s why we disagree. I mean otherwise we always agree on everything like taste in seasons, clothes and especially men, amirite? :lol: but yeah that still explains a lot about our Christmas movie differences.

Of course, we always agree about everything. :lol:

i don’t have any channels, I have Netflix and a DVD player (which I haven’t used in about two years, but still). I don’t know letters to Santa, might check it out, thanks. 

The work schedule. I’m not familiar with the supernatural entity situation’s current status so I wouldn’t be able to say what I think that sounds like. 

Ah, the work schedule ... is kind of crappy, but not as much as last year. It works.

The supernatural entity is probably very sad right now, and I am very sad that I am the one who made him that sad.

And DAMN, I can’t believe, I’m like half a post stamp distance from you and we don’t have snow! I’m so envious right now. 

Mwahahaha! :P

No, really, I am sure snow is coming your way soon too.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course, we always agree about everything. :lol:

Ah, the work schedule ... is kind of crappy, but not as much as last year. It works.

The supernatural entity is probably very sad right now, and I am very sad that I am the one who made him that sad.

Mwahahaha! :P

No, really, I am sure snow is coming your way soon too.

Well there's that at least. And if you enjoy what you're doing, than it's not too bad I suppose.

Love hurts :/ I'm sorry the situation is so difficult for you guys. 

Ehh, who knows...? We are located in a basin, so it'll always be warmer than anywhere with mountains. And the filth of the city produces extra heat, so there's hardly ever snow here, even when the countryside gets it. I don't remember more than maybe four-five weeks of snow altogether in the 7 years I've lived here. Maybe there'll be snow in my hometown and I can go there to enjoy it. 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know!, it has been hard and tiring but so good too, I can’t believe she is going to be having her first candle to blow out so soon!.

Also, I don’t want to put everyone into a squuueeeeeee frenzy or anything, but we’ve been discussing starting work on a little brother or sister for her before too long as we don’t want a huge age gap, like a 2 year gap would be perfect.

There’s nothing wrong with cuddling up with someone and watching a film or a show it’s awesome and feels so nice when it’s all cold outside :D.

It’s cold here today my car display thing say it’s 5 degrees out, I know it’s a bit silly but i kindness of like it so we get to dress mini Sith up in her winter outfits :D.

Archived