TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

44 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:D they have a good sense of humour at least.

It’s something we discuss quite a lot and she brings it up more than I do!, I actually kind of would like a boy next time for a bit of balance, there are too many girls in this house :P, of course I’d be thrilled with either though.

I think we somehow need to help Buck find a new bf to make her happy :D.

yeah i also noticed the irony XD

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, that sucks. I personally think you made the right decision, as hard as it must have been. And even though it's very difficult for the both of you right now, a time will certainly come when you both look back and consider it a right decision no matter how much it sucks now. I'm really sorry long distance came between you guys and that you had to make this decision. It's always sad when this happens. :/ 

Thank you. Honestly, it was slightly more than the distance, but the distance was the main part, I think. Hopefully this time you speak of will come sooner than later.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Sister... we are on quite good terms right now actually, because her  prom is coming up and she's heavily reliant on me in terms of advice and preparation. Her life is crazily busy and hectic these days too, so I can't help but admire her a lot. I'd crack under half of what she's pulling off every single week. And we've also come to find that we understand each other concerning certain matters neither of us can discuss with friends or family or boyfriends (which would be difficult anyway since we are both currently single). That's nice too. Of course she can't help being herself which is a constant source of drama, comedy and high blood pressure, but hey, the world would be boring without her. 

Glad to hear that. I remember numerous long complaints about her. Good relations to one's family are very important. ;)

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I think we somehow need to help Buck find a new bf to make her happy :D.

I see no way how you would be able to help with that.

But then, I also think Rhae desreves one too. If you know of a way to help me, then surely you can help her too!

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you. Honestly, it was slightly more than the distance, but the distance was the main part, I think. Hopefully this time you speak of will come sooner than later.

Glad to hear that. I remember numerous long complaints about her. Good relations to one's family are very important. ;)

But then, I also think Rhae desreves one too. If you know of a way to help me, then surely you can help her too!

I hope so too, breakups are tough and it sucks to go through them. But time heals everything really. Just have faith and patience. 

Well there are still complaints, but you know, now there's a rewarding side of our sisterly bond, not just the draining side. 

A few Sister Snipets, if anybody is interested 

Spoiler

Sister has four dresses for her prom, because one dress is for losers. Though admittedly, this also comes from this country's prom traditions. She has a custom made waltz dress, a class dance outfit, an evening dress for photos and dinner and a party dress for the after party. Needless to say that she looks like a Hollywood star in all of them. 

Sister bought four pairs of pantyhose for the big night for the humble sum of a 65 euros. Because having backup is important. And she was in a rush. So she forgot to look at the price tag, okay? And she is sorry, okay? Okay. But I returned them all. What you need for a prom are four pairs of 4 euro pantyhoses from the drugstore. 

Sister "broke up" with her bffs because she finally realized *drumroll* that there's life beyond school-week drinking and cigarette breaks. *falls onto her knees sobbing and thanks the lord for the long awaited intervention* So she cleared her instagram account of the "party" photos and now she finally has a theme that focuses on her interests. You know, hobbies like traveling, michelin star food and modern art. She will also be highly selective of her live stream choices. Because you know, you can't stream anything to your 1700something followers, 10% of them watches your live stream and with 1700something followers that's something. 

Sister sends you pictures of foundation shades when she's getting makeup for her prom, because foundation shade is something that's best judged through badly lit photographs. And she calls you when you don't respond to the texts. Respond to her texts. 

Sister filled two thirds of the video made for and about sister's class by the junior year. That's just because she's nicer to the juniors than (the) other (28) people in her class (combined). She does hope this didn't hurt the feelings of the people who weren't in the video. 

Why thank you! *curtsy* (Although Rhaenys is quite aware that her lack of a stable romantic relationship mostly stems from her fear of failure, unrealistic expectations of men and lack of social activity, any trick Lord Sidious might have to magically fix those things is welcome)

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sister has four dresses for her prom, because one dress is for losers. Though admittedly, this also comes from this country's prom traditions. She has a custom made waltz dress, a class dance outfit, an evening dress for photos and dinner and a party dress for the after party. Needless to say that she looks like a Hollywood star in all of them. 

Sister bought four pairs of pantyhose for the big night for the humble sum of a 65 euros. Because having backup is important. And she was in a rush. So she forgot to look at the price tag, okay? And she is sorry, okay? Okay. But I returned them all. What you need for a prom are four pairs of 4 euro pantyhoses from the drugstore. 

Sister "broke up" with her bffs because she finally realized *drumroll* that there's life beyond school-week drinking and cigarette breaks. *falls onto her knees sobbing and thanks the lord for the long awaited intervention* So she cleared her instagram account of the "party" photos and now she finally has a theme that focuses on her interests. You know, hobbies like traveling, michelin star food and modern art. She will also be highly selective of her live stream choices. Because you know, you can't stream anything to your 1700something followers, 10% of them watches your live stream and with 1700something followers that's something. 

Sister sends you pictures of foundation shades when she's getting makeup for her prom, because foundation shade is something that's best judged through badly lit photographs. And she calls you when you don't respond to the texts. Respond to her texts. 

Sister filled two thirds of the video made for and about sister's class by the junior year. That's just because she's nicer to the juniors than (the) other (28) people in her class (combined). She does hope this didn't hurt the feelings of the people who weren't in the video. 

Why thank you! *curtsy* (Although Rhaenys is quite aware that her lack of a stable romantic relationship mostly stems from her fear of failure, unrealistic expectations of men and lack of social activity, any trick Lord Sidious might have to magically fix those things is welcome)

Wow. Um. How can most people afford that many dresses? :o That is just waaay too lavish in my humble opinion. Also, is she going to miss out on half her prom night because she will be in the bathroom changing every hour?

I agree with needing backup pantyhose, obviously, but 4 pairs is still a lot.

We all have fear of failure and lack of social activity. Not sure about the unrealistic expectations. Maybe.

Happy Friday evening, all.

I am still computer-less, I called the repair shop today and apparently they are still testing it. I can only assume something is very wrong with it and I should just start looking for a new one.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wow. Um. How can most people afford that many dresses? :o That is just waaay too lavish in my humble opinion. Also, is she going to miss out on half her prom night because she will be in the bathroom changing every hour?

I agree with needing backup pantyhose, obviously, but 4 pairs is still a lot.

We all have fear of failure and lack of social activity. Not sure about the unrealistic expectations. Maybe.

Happy Friday evening, all.

I am still computer-less, I called the repair shop today and apparently they are still testing it. I can only assume something is very wrong with it and I should just start looking for a new one.

I don’t know, senior year is very expensive. She won’t, everybody will be changing. They all start with a waltz, change to do the class dance, change into a ball outfit and when it’s all over, they change into a party dress and go to the after party.

It was roughly the same at my prom, with the exception that I personally didn’t dance a waltz (minus one dress) and we didn’t have an after party (minus another dress). I did however have a dress made for the ball but the fit got screwed so I ended up getting another dress last minute (plus one dress back). And we were also obligated to have custom made suits sewn for... well that part of the ceremony is just too complicated to address. I essentially I did have 4 outfits too and ended up wearing 3 and changing three times during my prom. Yeah, I don’t get it either. But it’s a great experience. Just overly complicated. 

Not necessarily, when my laptop broke during summer it was in testing for about two weeks too and ended up being completely fine. Fingers crossed for the life of your laptop. Hope you get it back soon. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

GIN AHOY!

Hello to yourself, m’Lady :D do I smell a night out? 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I hope so too, breakups are tough and it sucks to go through them. But time heals everything really. Just have faith and patience. 

Well there are still complaints, but you know, now there's a rewarding side of our sisterly bond, not just the draining side. 

Hide contents

wow! This type of 4 dress prom sounds amazing!!! Although maybe it's a little bit uncomfortable to change the outfit so many times?

Agree about your sister advice on the price of the pantyhoses....65 is...waay too much....!!!!

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

unrealistic expectations...sometimes...yeah. mm.

Sometimes they just need time. I had a problem with a hard drive and solving the problems took them days.

BTW...My laptop has been playing echoes and weird sounds when playing music for more than a month till now.:unsure: I kind of got accustomed to it silencing it, but I'd like to make it stop, but this upcoming month is gonna be insanely full of projects and I need it here. So more ghostly sounds for a while I guess....

35 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t know, senior year is very expensive. She won’t, everybody will be changing. They all start with a waltz, change to do the class dance, change into a ball outfit and when it’s all over, they change into a party dress and go to the after party.

It was roughly the same at my prom, with the exception that I personally didn’t dance a waltz (minus one dress) and we didn’t have an after party (minus another dress). I did however have a dress made for the ball but the fit got screwed so I ended up getting another dress last minute (plus one dress back). And we were also obligated to have custom made suits sewn for... well that part of the ceremony is just too complicated to address. I essentially I did have 4 outfits too and ended up wearing 3 and changing three times during my prom. Yeah, I don’t get it either. But it’s a great experience. Just overly complicated. 

Not necessarily, when my laptop broke during summer it was in testing for about two weeks too and ended up being completely fine. Fingers crossed for the life of your laptop. Hope you get it back soon. 

Hello to yourself, m’Lady :D do I smell a night out? 

I didn't have a prom at 18 but I did one, only (and big one) at 16, because I had attended that school with the same people since childhood, before going to the other to study the last two years that the previous school didn't cover.

I wore an orange summer surf dress but other girls were dressing with really beautiful dresses (not my style at that time :P ). We also danced  waltz and other dances...

But we didn't have an after party that day. We waited till school was over and then we rented out a bar so as to be able to drink (although I think that technically we couldn't...). And we dressed very casual there.

I think tomorrow is gonna be very cold.....

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

We just have one dress for the prom and then an outfit we changed into for an afterparty, which was typically just everyday clothes, jeans and a t-shirt. And we did dance waltz and quadrille and all, but just in one dress.

The only thing I wish I had done differently back then is having my make-up done by somebody who actually knew what they were doing. I had my hair done nicely, and the lady at the salon asked me if I wanted her to put make-up on me as well, but I said I was going to do that by myself (how hard can it be, yes?). Only when I saw the photos from the event I realised that I looked weird because obviously I didn't know how to do it (and nobody at my house either, so they couly not help me).

Yes, I actually need it to write my thesis proposal, soooo ... please!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

We just have one dress for the prom and then an outfit we changed into for an afterparty, which was typically just everyday clothes, jeans and a t-shirt. And we did dance waltz and quadrille and all, but just in one dress.

The only thing I wish I had done differently back then is having my make-up done by somebody who actually knew what they were doing. I had my hair done nicely, and the lady at the salon asked me if I wanted her to put make-up on me as well, but I said I was going to do that by myself (how hard can it be, yes?). Only when I saw the photos from the event I realised that I looked weird because obviously I didn't know how to do it (and nobody at my house either, so they couly not help me).

Yes, I actually need it to write my thesis proposal, soooo ... please!

Oh just T-shirts and jeans for the after party sounds ... not very exciting. But if it worked for you guys and you had fun that’s the point. I really loved all the fancy gowns I got to wear at my prom. 

I had my hair done too and it was okay at the time. I also had my makeup done because back then I wouldn’t have been able to do it for myself, but it was... well let’s just say it was anything I would pay for or even wear today. Sister is getting her hair done too, but I’m doing her makeup because we are both positive I can do a better job at that than any local aesthetician. 

Oh boy! Then you really need that laptop back! 

Meanwhile season 3 of frontier is out and doesn’t Jason look sweet drenched fake blood? Awww. 

In other news, I need to clean and tidy the flat because it’s insane here. 

I also wore Tshirt and jeans thr day of our party.

as for thr makeup and hair...none of these! I actually remember "applying" make up for the first time in my life probably on prom day and party day. This is using an eyeshadow from my mother. Without knowing how to apply i and it didn't last much anyway or at least it doesn'tlook so in thr picturrs I took. I had never used eyeliner ever at that time so I didn't even go fo that....

hair....I think I just wore my hair shoulder lengh with a small ponytail in the back (like Arya).

On 11/22/2018 at 9:10 PM, Buckwheat said:

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hide contents

I can make someone fall in love with you by threat of frying them with lightning?:D, I’m like the worst person ever to help in these situations, I’m a bit shy and like the other person to make the first move :blush:.

Rhae your sisters prom sounds exhausting!, but at the same time really fun with all those outfits, I’m glad she is settling down and becoming a bit more sensible now, how old is she?.

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

GIN AHOY!

Gin is the work of the devil and would be banned in the Empire if I had my way!, it’s one drink I honestly can’t stand, along with tequila.

So how is everyone’s weekend going?, mine is good so far apart from a scary thing happened to me yesterday, like really scary, I had gone to meet a friend and see thier new place that she’s got with her bf and when I was leaving I set off down this road-it’s quite a small narrow road and as I’m coming round the corner this HUGE truck that could barely fit down there came up the road really fast and I had to swerve onto the pavement/sidewalk to avoid him going straight into me, and when I beeped at him he shouted a load of horrible things at me!, mini Sith was in the car too, I got the licence plate and the company name I don’t know what to do, like report it to the company or tell the police or just let it go?.

Normally someone driving like a bit of an idiot doesn’t bother me, but this is a huge heavy truck and it was quite dangerous especially with the amount of damage something like that can do, if he had driven in to me I’d be in hospital right now at the very least.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh just T-shirts and jeans for the after party sounds ... not very exciting. But if it worked for you guys and you had fun that’s the point. I really loved all the fancy gowns I got to wear at my prom. 

I had my hair done too and it was okay at the time. I also had my makeup done because back then I wouldn’t have been able to do it for myself, but it was... well let’s just say it was anything I would pay for or even wear today. Sister is getting her hair done too, but I’m doing her makeup because we are both positive I can do a better job at that than any local aesthetician. 

I mean, we wore the fancy dresses for the whole offical part of the night, is that not exciting enough? I think I dislike your way. One does not need several fancy outfits for one event, IMO. What do you do with them afterwards, it is not like you can wear them every day? Not to mention, even one fancy outfit is very expensive, let alone several. As a parent, I would rather pay for an additional day of our family holiday than a second dress that is only going to be worn for an hour. Or even buy my child clothes they can wear every day for a long time.

Yeah, I wish I had that kind of self-criticism in regards to make-up back then, or even an idea of how hard it is to do it right. I do not remember exactly what was the reason I said no then, I probably thought it was too fancy and lavish.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh boy! Then you really need that laptop back! 

Indeed!

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I can make someone fall in love with you by threat of frying them with lightning?:D

I am pretty sure that is ... not how love works.

I’m like the worst person ever to help in these situations, I’m a bit shy and like the other person to make the first move :blush:.

Hey, is that Sith-like? :D

So how is everyone’s weekend going?, mine is good so far apart from a scary thing happened to me yesterday, like really scary, I had gone to meet a friend and see thier new place that she’s got with her bf and when I was leaving I set off down this road-it’s quite a small narrow road and as I’m coming round the corner this HUGE truck that could barely fit down there came up the road really fast and I had to swerve onto the pavement/sidewalk to avoid him going straight into me, and when I beeped at him he shouted a load of horrible things at me!, mini Sith was in the car too, I got the licence plate and the company name I don’t know what to do, like report it to the company or tell the police or just let it go?.

Normally someone driving like a bit of an idiot doesn’t bother me, but this is a huge heavy truck and it was quite dangerous especially with the amount of damage something like that can do, if he had driven in to me I’d be in hospital right now at the very least.

That is awful. I am glad both you and mini Sith are okay. No advice on what you can do about it, though.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, we wore the fancy dresses for the whole offical part of the night, is that not exciting enough? I think I dislike your way. One does not need several fancy outfits for one event, IMO. What do you do with them afterwards, it is not like you can wear them every day? Not to mention, even one fancy outfit is very expensive, let alone several. As a parent, I would rather pay for an additional day of our family holiday than a second dress that is only going to be worn for an hour. Or even buy my child clothes they can wear every day for a long time.

Yeah, I wish I had that kind of self-criticism in regards to make-up back then, or even an idea of how hard it is to do it right. I do not remember exactly what was the reason I said no then, I probably thought it was too fancy and lavish.

It is, but I personally would have been disappointed to change back to jeans after the ball. If I’m going to be a princess for one day, I don’t want to change back to jeans when the clock strikes midnight, you know. :dunno: 

waltz dresses are usually rented (having one made is fancy allure of fancy kids - like sister - but even she is going to sell it to a salon after prom) and I had also rented my ball gown. Sister bought her party and dinner dresses but both are high street occasion-wear (so they weren’t particularly pricey either) so she can wear them any time in the future when she goes to a party or there’s a special occasion. IMO, it’s a good investment to have a couple party/elegant dresses because the time WILL come when you don’t have time/money to get a new outfit but you have to go to a wedding, an engagement/anniversary/birthday/anything party and you just need to be able to whip out a dress from your closet. 

As for expenses, every family indulges their graduate child according to their budget. Sister is (and so was I) fortunate enough that our family can afford to indulge her every wish for her prom and I think if a parent can afford to deliver their child’s dream for a special, one in the lifetime occasion, they will do it without a second thought. Or at least I would, if I had a child. Having said that, sister is quite a bit spoiled, indeed.

See, there’s the common sense in lavishness, it gets your makeup right :P seriously though, I think it’s only right that an 18 year old isn’t skilled at makeup and doesn’t know what she’s doing. If she is, when and where did she start, at the age of 13 with falsies and full coverage? 

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I can make someone fall in love with you by threat of frying them with lightning?:D, I’m like the worst person ever to help in these situations, I’m a bit shy and like the other person to make the first move :blush:.

Rhae your sisters prom sounds exhausting!, but at the same time really fun with all those outfits, I’m glad she is settling down and becoming a bit more sensible now, how old is she?.

Gin is the work of the devil and would be banned in the Empire if I had my way!, it’s one drink I honestly can’t stand, along with tequila.

You’re not alone with that. And then I’m highly selective of the people who approach me so why am I even surprised that I don’t have a relationship and I haven’t gone beyond three dates in like two years. Oh well. I’ll get there. Or get a buttload of dogs. No, I’m not a cat person. 

She’s 18, so it’s high time she settled down a little. Im really exicted for her prom, It’s such a great experience, I loved my whole entire senior year, especially prom And the final exams (yes I know how needy that sounds). 

Pfff. That’s not good. If you want to do something maybe contact the company? There’s a chance they’ll be nice, and if not you can still go to the police if you feel like you want to. Glad you’re all okay. 

Archived