TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

11 hours ago, felice said:

Top right, under "Clubs". It might be missing if you're using adblocker/privacy software. As an alternative, include 'site:asoiaf.westeros.org' in a Google or DuckDuckGo search (plus '"forum games"' etc if you want to search within a particular section).

I had no idea my adblocker disabled the search. So weird.

I see that the "Clubs" activity is not really popular here. :P

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Good luck with the exam, I’m sure you’ll do great! 

Well what can I say, it really was crappy to get up early. But at least I’m rested so it didn’t feel as torturous as the last two weeks of December.

Thanks! I can't be bothered to learn ...

Yay for being rested. :) It was crappy getting up early for me too.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:24 PM, Buckwheat said:

Happy birthday to Mini Sith! :commie:

On 1/5/2019 at 4:01 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Happy birthday Mini Sith!!!! :wub:

On 1/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Happy birthday to Mini Sith! Here in Spain those born this day are also born the night of the Magic Kings so the next day they have presents like Santa :P

Thank you all for your birthday wishes to Mini Sith, I did pass them on but I don't think she really grasped the concept of birthdays yet :P.

Buck, I'm sure you will be ok with the exam, you're very good at your studies, I'm sure you'll do well :).

Belated happy birthday to Darth Junior!

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Oooooh, that sounds pretty cool! What will you be doing in Berlin? Also thumbsup to the larger room. Are you co-renting with other people? 

I'm great because I'm still on winter break too. I'll be less great when I have to go back to work on Monday. Anyway, my winter break has been fun, I got relax and socialize too, which is just what I needed. 

Partying mostly, also some cultural stuff and exploring the city. But we don't really have a plan yet.
I'm in a house with thirteen other students, so a new room opens up every time someone leaves.

I'm glad your break was good :) But yeah, shame about work. I'm glad school is gonna wait for me a little longer.

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I like it!

Yay! at least someone does :D.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Belated happy birthday to Darth Junior!

Partying mostly, also some cultural stuff and exploring the city. But we don't really have a plan yet.
I'm in a house with thirteen other students, so a new room opens up every time someone leaves.

Thank you!, I’m hoping she will be able to throw a force lightning barrage by her next birthday :P.

13 students in one house :o, it must get quite crowded, imagine how annoying it must be when people use all the hot water!.

23 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

You don't like it? :(.

I’ll just need to get used to it :lol:  Lord Sidious was just your internet identity, and I can’t imagine you not going by that. I hope you still rule the galaxy though. 

42 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’ll just need to get used to it :lol:  Lord Sidious was just your internet identity, and I can’t imagine you not going by that. I hope you still rule the galaxy though. 

Don't worry, I'm still a Sith :P, I might change it back, I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yay for that. 

I’m really sleepy. Also, I need to re-evaluate some friendships of mine. 

Who else could possibly rule the galaxy? :P

I'm sleepy today too, I went to bed too late last night and mini Sith woke me up too early :( .

On 1/8/2019 at 10:26 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Don't worry, I'm still a Sith :P, I might change it back, I'm not sure.

I was going g to say something but was beaten to it by the other red! (See below)

On 1/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, Mark Antony said:

She’s still her first username in my mind :lol: 

Yup!

I can't believe mini Sith is a year old, that's nuts! Seems like no time at all. Funny, I met a friend yesterday and it was a year since a pretty significant event in her life too neither of us could believe it. Then we got talking about a mutual school friend and realised her daughter is 4 now! Nuts.

I'm in the hellof exam period now, first one on Monday, then Wednesday and friday. Weird structure but they work out at 4 hours per exam, split into a 1 hour Part A on the morning, 3 hour Part B in the afternoon. Then another exam next Monday, then assessments in interviewing and advocacy, then a submission of a first draft of my intro and chapter one of my dissertation the following week. I love this course but I'm unbelievably stressed!

On a positive note, I passed some modules already (Wills/Probate, Legal Writing and Practical Legal Research). Progress I guess.

Not dropped by the thread in a while. My nanna has been in and out of hospital, which has been difficult and I think I flunked an exam before Christmas as a result (don't care, I can resit and I was in a bad headspace). Pupster #1 is sick too so he is sitting with my while I study and feeling sorry for himself. Got him at the vets later :(

how are we all?

:grouphug: for Helena, your grandmother and your pup - best of luck to you all.

I am sure you will ace all your exams! I have one in ... an hour. I just need to pass, the grade does not matter in this program. My faculty does stupid things as usual - just last week I learned that something I expected would bring me 9 ETCS in fact only brings 4 ... for so much work!

Not to be too negative, so I will stop uni talk here. Work is fine, family is fine, everything else is fine, I am glad holidays are over cause NY eve sucked.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far :).

Mine is not off to the best of starts, I feel all ugh and crampy and have a very energetic mini Sith to deal with today!, plus yesterday my new car wouldn’t start when I wanted to go to the supermarket so they’re sending someone out today and I’ve got to wait for them to come, which is good I suppose I’m a way because I really don’t feel like doing much :(.

Ah I’m sorry about your week. How is mini Sith doing? Now that she is almost grown up. :D 

@HelenaExMachina I’m really sorry to hear about your grandma’s health issues. And the pup’s too. Hope they are doing okay. And good luck to you with your exams! 

The first week of the new year wasn’t particularly grand for me either. On the upside, I have every reason to expect things to improve next week. I kinda need to find a new job in the not too far future.

But I’ve been quite good with cooking a lot at home and not ordering takeout and eating healthier. Aside from chocolate. I can’t give up chocolate. I’ll work on that at a different time. Now I’ll keep the focus on home-made meals. 

She’s doing well, we’re going out to see friends soon so it will be a little adventure for her, I’m trying to get excited about going too, but really I just want to curl up in a ball and cuddle a hot water bottle right now!.

Also @HelenaExMachina I hope your gran and dog make a full recovery, my gran wasn’t well a few years ago and it was really horrible but she recovered and is good now, I’m sure yours will be too :).

Oh and you’ll ace your exams, you’re clever!.

Archived