TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah i really feel that curling up with a hot water bottle mood. I’m very hormonal and I hate everything and everyone, to be honest. It’s also cold and I didn’t bring a scarf. Or, it’s not cold, it’s 6C, I’m cold. 

6C is pretty cold!, it was about 10C here today, going to see our friends was good I'm glad I went out, got some fresh air and a change of scenery, now it's hot water bottle time :D.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

6C is pretty cold!, it was about 10C here today, going to see our friends was good I'm glad I went out, got some fresh air and a change of scenery, now it's hot water bottle time :D.

It was steadily below 0, since NYE here, so 6C felt kinda mild compared to that. It was just the wind that got to me. 

I’m currently at the hair salon and I can’t wait to go home. I’m really tired and stressed and I can’t believe that I came back to the exact same madness at work that we struggled with before Christmas. I mean this doesn’t help my mental and physical health at all. And I’ve been doing great at leading a healthier lifestyle for two full weeks now :lmao: 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It was steadily below 0, since NYE here, so 6C felt kinda mild compared to that. It was just the wind that got to me. 

I’m currently at the hair salon and I can’t wait to go home. I’m really tired and stressed and I can’t believe that I came back to the exact same madness at work that we struggled with before Christmas. I mean this doesn’t help my mental and physical health at all. And I’ve been doing great at leading a healthier lifestyle for two full weeks now :lmao: 

Ugh below 0 :o, I hate it when it gets so cold!, I really feel the cold, my winter coat collection is sizeable :D.

I hope work settles down for you, what are the problems there?.

14 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Ugh below 0 :o, I hate it when it gets so cold!, I really feel the cold, my winter coat collection is sizeable :D.

I hope work settles down for you, what are the problems there?.

Weirdly I have downsized my coat collection in the past couple years. At some point I found that even though I had multiple coats for multiple occasions, I always wore that one thick and cozy coat and that other elegant one if I went to someplace special. So that’s basically what I have now. Unfortunately I can’t say the same about autumn/spring coats. 

Unpredictability and speed and the stress they result in. I don’t enjoy working at light speed not knowing my schedule for more than 2-3 days ahead. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Weirdly I have downsized my coat collection in the past couple years. At some point I found that even though I had multiple coats for multiple occasions, I always wore that one thick and cozy coat and that other elegant one if I went to someplace special. So that’s basically what I have now. Unfortunately I can’t say the same about autumn/spring coats. 

Unpredictability and speed and the stress they result in. I don’t enjoy working at light speed not knowing my schedule for more than 2-3 days ahead. 

I have a few but my favourite winter coat at the moment is one of my fiancées ones and I’m always stealing it, much to her equally finding it cute and annoying at the same time :D.

Ugh, things going really fast in a work environment are never fun!.

I met my mom for dinner at a weird Russian-gone-vegan bistro where I cried in public. But I do feel a lot lighter and better emotionally than in the past two weeks. On the downside, I’m sick as a dog physically - all that stress had to manifest itself in something. I kinda cough and I’m congested and I have sore throat. Blehh. 

Good luck with getting new winter stuff, @Buckwheat 

and @Bittersweet Distractor It’s not wrong, I always feel bad for being a grownup whenever I walk through Zara kids. Baby girl stuff is tooooooo adorable. 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I met my mom for dinner at a weird Russian-gone-vegan bistro where I cried in public. But I do feel a lot lighter and better emotionally than in the past two weeks. On the downside, I’m sick as a dog physically - all that stress had to manifest itself in something. I kinda cough and I’m congested and I have sore throat. Blehh. 

Good luck with getting new winter stuff, @Buckwheat 

and @Bittersweet Distractor It’s not wrong, I always feel bad for being a grownup whenever I walk through Zara kids. Baby girl stuff is tooooooo adorable. 

It's good that you got it all out, it's better this way. And I'm glad you feel better now. I've also been feeling quite down these past two weeks. Last week having episodes of anxiety due to a colleague who started insulting me a lot and steadily on whatsapp in the group. (Long story short, I spent all the holidays doing a gigantic project with some colleagues for a subject and we ended up failing the project and subsequently the subject due to him not doing his part or doing just some things in a non-serious manner (which was a non-written one), we all learnt about that the night before.... Thing is,  after talking with the professor we had the opportunity to finish his part but with costs.....not knowing about the program (had to learn it from scratch) in three days, not being able to study, not sleeping...and in the middle of that there was a point in which I had to switch off my phone because I could not bear all those horrible messages). Well,due to that I spent nights without sleeping and finding myself crying, not being able to concentrate on anything, having breathing problems and palpitations...and...I didn't dare to switch the phone on but when I inevitably did was like a nightmare....and I feared what he'd say the next day. So... I feel you. I also feel better now, though. The story is complicated but I don't really have time to elaborate and I also don't feel up to. Just ....remembering it and writing it down kinda stresses me bc it's still  too recent.... 

I also know that if I had not cried at all or not talked for emotional support it would have been worse, so crying it's good;).

Sometimes I'd like to be less sensitive, I don't like this part of me.

As for the outfits  topic....

I was looking for a colored shirt with diagonal lines (red, blue white...) on Sales and I could not get it. Too bad, they only have it on a store which is very far and I don't have time to go. I was thinking of ordering it online but I have no idea of the size. From the same brand, I sometimes use size S and others L.:dunno:

Sorry for the shitty time you are both going through. I hope you have somebody there to make you feel better.

I ended up buying a sweater and a shirt with 3/4 sleeves. I am not completely happy with the sweater, it is a very thin one, more for spring than winter. I did not find any warm thick ones that I really liked.

The shirt is very nice though. They had a white one, a red one and a lavender one with the same pattern to choose from. I spent ridiculously long to decide on the colour, they were all so pretty! I ended up going with the white one purely because I thought it is the easiest to combine with other colours.

Waiting at the bus stop. I missed my bus, so now I am going to be late for my class.

We FINALLY got some snow though! I mean, it is still this wet splooshy thing, but at least it is something! :) All the neighbours have had it for weeks, so much it caused problems, but my postage stamp sized country did not get any until now.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Sorry for the shitty time you are both going through. I hope you have somebody there to make you feel better.

Thanks for your words. Yes, I spoke with some friends and family and these days I am feeling better, eventhough it has been quite stressful. Better not think much about it.

I ended up buying a sweater and a shirt with 3/4 sleeves. I am not completely happy with the sweater, it is a very thin one, more for spring than winter. I did not find any warm thick ones that I really liked.

The shirt is very nice though. They had a white one, a red one and a lavender one with the same pattern to choose from. I spent ridiculously long to decide on the colour, they were all so pretty! I ended up going with the white one purely because I thought it is the easiest to combine with other colours.

Love lavender. I was about to buy a sweater on that color but it was too expensive. But yeah good choice the basics are always a win-win.

Waiting at the bus stop. I missed my bus, so now I am going to be late for my class.

We FINALLY got some snow though! I mean, it is still this wet splooshy thing, but at least it is something! :) All the neighbours have had it for weeks, so much it caused problems, but my postage stamp sized country did not get any until now.

snow...envy here... :P

@Meera of Tarth I’m sorry about the hard time you are going through. Hope this school situation resolved itself and you can complete the class. I hate it when this happens in a group work... :/ so unfair and unethical to do this to your group. I have no idea how people do it. 

And thumbsuo on the shopping, @Buckwheat hope you found some nice items. I adore 3/4 lengths things, but unfortunately I’m the kind of person who gets cold very easily and gets warm equally easily so the only time I get to wear these things are the narrow 3-3 weeks we have for autumn and spring. 

At my end, there’s only annoying news. I seem to have a full blown flu. I did somehow get through this workday and performed better than when I’m healthy, but as soon as I got home I totally crashed and shivered with cold and pain for an hour  and a half before I finally found a comfortable position and stabilized to an I feel like crap level. Waiting for dinner right now, I don’t think I’m going to work next week. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Can we exchange our weather forecasts? I'm kinda envious :P

It’s already stopped and melted now :unsure:, I want some warmth, my family in the US keep inviting us to see them but the thought of a long haul flight with mini Sith is terrifying!.

Archived