TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh that would be great, gimme money. :lol:

I am by no means long on this board, there are people who have been posting for two or three times as long!

Well that’s why you are “only” senior spammer while they are Vice Posters and Chief Exec Board Officers. :smug: :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Rhae have you finished season 1 yet? :D, wait until Helena finds out you’re watching it!.

Done and done. Helena did say in the Watching, watched thread how impressed she was that I’m actually enjoying a show :lol: (to be fair I kinda thought things went downhill from episode 8) 

right now I’m watching the Preston jacobs reviews before I move on to season 2. 

After sleeping about three hours last night and getting through a disgustingly long workday, I went to media markt (our market leading electronics and media store chain, maybe they are in Germany too?) to get Anastasia on DVD. And they didn’t have it. I understand that is millennials killed the dvd market but are you kidding me, how can you drop the Disney counter of all counters? I was dead inside. Anyway, I got home and bought it on Google play and cried about six times while I was watching it. Best soul cleanse ever. Anyway, I still need to get a hard copy, because sure the original version fulfills the crying purpose, but it’s not the same feeling because I want to sing along to the translated versions of the songs I still know by heart from when I was 6,  and my mind links different voices to the characters than the original English speaking actors. Argh, bloody media markt. Tomorrow I’ll watch the Wizard of Oz and cry more. (I had that in English when I was a kid, so that’ll feel right too)

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well that’s why you are “only” senior spammer while they are Vice Posters and Chief Exec Board Officers. :smug: :lol: 

Done and done. Helena did say in the Watching, watched thread how impressed she was that I’m actually enjoying a show :lol: (to be fair I kinda thought things went downhill from episode 8) 

right now I’m watching the Preston jacobs reviews before I move on to season 2. 

After sleeping about three hours last night and getting through a disgustingly long workday, I went to media markt (our market leading electronics and media store chain, maybe they are in Germany too?) to get Anastasia on DVD. And they didn’t have it. I understand that is millennials killed the dvd market but are you kidding me, how can you drop the Disney counter of all counters? I was dead inside. Anyway, I got home and bought it on Google play and cried about six times while I was watching it. Best soul cleanse ever. Anyway, I still need to get a hard copy, because sure the original version fulfills the crying purpose, but it’s not the same feeling because I want to sing along to the translated versions of the songs I still know by heart from when I was 6,  and my mind links different voices to the characters than the original English speaking actors. Argh, bloody media markt. Tomorrow I’ll watch the Wizard of Oz and cry more. (I had that in English when I was a kid, so that’ll feel right too)

Did you like Djwadis score for the ending of season one? :D, I squeeeeed when I was first watching it, I like it as much as the original!.

1 minute ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Did you like Djwadis score for the ending of season one? :D, I squeeeeed when I was first watching it, I like it as much as the original!.

The music was next level all season. But my favorite is the main theme. If I had the time and the equipment I would soooooo get the sheet music and learn to play it. And the orchestral version of Paint It Black was a dream too :wub:  

Just now, Buckwheat said:

So you are watching a smart show while I am here binging New Girl and wondering why I cannot stop watching this silliness. :leaving:

No, I just bawled my eyes out on an animated children’s movie from 1997 :lmao:

21 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

The music was next level all season. But my favorite is the main theme. If I had the time and the equipment I would soooooo get the sheet music and learn to play it. And the orchestral version of Paint It Black was a dream too :wub:  

No, I just bawled my eyes out on an animated children’s movie from 1997 :lmao:

Paint it Black was awesome, there are some equally awesome ones in Season 2 but I don't want to spoil it for you.

The Exit Music (for a Film) Westworld version is my favourite overall still though, partly because it's such a fitting song for the scene and partly because Djwadi and Nolan clearly fangirl over Radiohead even more than I do :P .

Ahhh......wordreference's web is not working :(

This Friday I might attend a language exchange bar to practice my -once-again- deteriorated French and I really need that web because it's my salvation.

I'm actually asking myself why have I decided to attend that....it's been a long time since I wanted to go, but I'm always too shy (despite wanting to go!) and it's not been until someone else wanted to accompany me that I said yes. And now I have mixed feelings, of really looking forward to meeting people and practice languages, and the other part of me is afraid of not being able to talk/be embarrassed of my level (it's been 8 months since I don't attend a French course) and I think I'll end up just talking in English and Spanish (or Catalan) :dunno:

I was also considering whether I should try German.Oh well, no way, it's also been 8 months and I just took the first course. Whenever I try to speak it, just random words come out of my mouth and this with a friend that I know that won't laugh at me.

And once again, I wanted to continue at least my French studies, but with the Master it's almost like going to war. I have no time :(

and I think I should call myself compulsive shopper<_<. It's entering a shop and finding plenty of things cute. The other day I just wanted to buy something on sales and I ended up buying a dress, two skirts, a T-shirt. Today.....three sweaters, and just one was on sales for 10 euros. At least, I love them, so purple. 

However, I have resumed my gym sessions (that I had dropped before Christmas causing certain consequences on my weight). There's a lot of work to do, but I like going there once again, even if I had a lot of pain on my legs and thighs the first day. For some reason, the friendly and cute trainer has also disappeared as well.

Apparently there will be an Anastasia musical tour now that they close the Broadway shows. I still hold out hope that they might come to London or really anywhere in Europe with the original language show. Yes, since I discovered this musical exists, my every waking moment is about plotting when and where I can see it. No, it’s not pathologic yet, as I haven’t bankrupted myself with an immediate trip to NYC and broadway tickets. :bawl:

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Ahhh......wordreference's web is not working :(

This Friday I might attend a language exchange bar to practice my -once-again- deteriorated French and I really need that web because it's my salvation.

I'm actually asking myself why have I decided to attend that....it's been a long time since I wanted to go, but I'm always too shy (despite wanting to go!) and it's not been until someone else wanted to accompany me that I said yes. And now I have mixed feelings, of really looking forward to meeting people and practice languages, and the other part of me is afraid of not being able to talk/be embarrassed of my level (it's been 8 months since I don't attend a French course) and I think I'll end up just talking in English and Spanish (or Catalan) :dunno:

I was also considering whether I should try German.Oh well, no way, it's also been 8 months and I just took the first course. Whenever I try to speak it, just random words come out of my mouth and this with a friend that I know that won't laugh at me.

And once again, I wanted to continue at least my French studies, but with the Master it's almost like going to war. I have no time :(

and I think I should call myself compulsive shopper<_<. It's entering a shop and finding plenty of things cute. The other day I just wanted to buy something on sales and I ended up buying a dress, two skirts, a T-shirt. Today.....three sweaters, and just one was on sales for 10 euros. At least, I love them, so purple. 

However, I have resumed my gym sessions (that I had dropped before Christmas causing certain consequences on my weight). There's a lot of work to do, but I like going there once again, even if I had a lot of pain on my legs and thighs the first day. For some reason, the friendly and cute trainer has also disappeared as well.

Don't worry we all do things like that!, I am glad you are enjoying going back to the gym again.

New Girl rant (not very spoilery, end of season 2, but just in case you don't want to read my nonsense)

Spoiler

Sooooo ... Jess and Nick? Nick? Seriously, Nick? Weird. At the beginning of the series, I expected it was going to be Jess and Schmidt. Obviously some episodes in, you realise that everybody is terrible and there is SO MUCH YELLING. One is a racist douchebag (JAR!), and the other is ... a drunk underachiever who is angry at everything and himself. Basically an unsexy Greg Serrano. I would have thought Jess to have a better taste, being a character in a sitcom means you always have people hitting on you. :P

This was your daily useless post.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

New Girl rant (not very spoilery, end of season 2, but just in case you don't want to read my nonsense)

Reveal hidden contents

Sooooo ... Jess and Nick? Nick? Seriously, Nick? Weird. At the beginning of the series, I expected it was going to be Jess and Schmidt. Obviously some episodes in, you realise that everybody is terrible and there is SO MUCH YELLING. One is a racist douchebag (JAR!), and the other is ... a drunk underachiever who is angry at everything and himself. Basically an unsexy Greg Serrano. I would have thought Jess to have a better taste, being a character in a sitcom means you always have people hitting on you. :P

This was your daily useless post.

It’s so reassuring to see that I’m not the only one who uses the board as an emotional outlet to process their entertainment experiences :lol: also, I like daily useless posts, even about shows I’m not familiar with. 

So my turn. Westworld. 

Spoiler

My head hurts. What sort of blatant idiocy is this? 

Elsie spent like a week chained to a rock in a cave. Now I’m kinda curious how a 2050 engineer didn’t find a way to get rid of ONE 1800s shackle in that one week but whatever. Elsie is fucking cleaner than Bernard who spent like two days out in Westworld. 

And how the hell is every damn white-collar employee pro at shooting literally any type of gun? Is that like part of onboarding at Delos?

And Dolores basically went through the HBO Empowement Program for Stark Sisters overnight and became the batshit crazy invincible killing machine and strategic warfare mastermind that empowerment makes #strongfemalecharacters. 

Also where the hell was Logan while William did away with this Delos Daddy character? And why the hell would he make a host from him?

Oh goodness what IS happening to this show? 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:13 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Apparently there will be an Anastasia musical tour now that they close the Broadway shows. I still hold out hope that they might come to London or really anywhere in Europe with the original language show. Yes, since I discovered this musical exists, my every waking moment is about plotting when and where I can see it. No, it’s not pathologic yet, as I haven’t bankrupted myself with an immediate trip to NYC and broadway tickets. :bawl:

I hope you get a chance to see it.

Happy Sunday, all.

If I've done this right you should be able to see some images of the work I'm doing on our house. it's still in the rough stages. The old walls are gone, we've put in insulation (there was none before) and now sheet rock is going up: https://imgur.com/S8A5HfC
https://imgur.com/u9ZvOEm
https://imgur.com/4yLTA4j
https://imgur.com/mi3GYNy
https://imgur.com/7K5sJFY

13 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I hope you get a chance to see it.

Happy Sunday, all.

If I've done this right you should be able to see some images of the work I'm doing on our house. it's still in the rough stages. The old walls are gone, we've put in insulation (there was none before) and now sheet rock is going up: https://imgur.com/S8A5HfC
https://imgur.com/u9ZvOEm
https://imgur.com/4yLTA4j
https://imgur.com/mi3GYNy
https://imgur.com/7K5sJFY

wow! looks like the works are huge!

Archived