TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:angry: Sick. Having to stay at home.

Get well soon! :cheers: <- ginger+cardamom+lemon+honey+hot water 

49 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m feeling very tired and a bit run down at the moment, mini Sith hasn’t been sleeping well the last few days.

Oh what’s wrong? Is she ill or it’s just a phase? Hope you get some rest. 

And I’ll join the zero energy club. I spent Sunday night working and stress managing. It took me 4 hours to fix a task after a senior colleague failed to do them properly. Best job ever............ 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Get well soon! :cheers: <- ginger+cardamom+lemon+honey+hot water 

Oh what’s wrong? Is she ill or it’s just a phase? Hope you get some rest. 

And I’ll join the zero energy club. I spent Sunday night working and stress managing. It took me 4 hours to fix a task after a senior colleague failed to do them properly. Best job ever............ 

She just has been a bit grouchy and unsettled the last couple of days, she’s not ill though, thankfully she seems a bit better today, although we’ve lost one of her tiny mittens while out today :(.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Mittens? How cold is it there? :o 

oooooh, gosh, do I love working at 7:30pm? <_<

It's actually been quite pleasant and spring like today, it was a bit cold and blustery before though, hence the mini mittens :P .

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't start studying the dey before the exam, kids. Not good.

Gods, this is so booooooring.

It worked quite well for me for 5 years:leaving: 

Eat chocolate and carry on! 

44 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It's actually been quite pleasant and spring like today, it was a bit cold and blustery before though, hence the mini mittens :P .

Oh see. we had arctic wind today. Obviously I was wearing a skirt. 

23 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

It worked quite well for me for 5 years:leaving: 

Eat chocolate and carry on! 

Oh see. we had arctic wind today. Obviously I was wearing a skirt. 

I know, it sometimes works. No chocolate anymore, it is almost 11 PM.

Brrrrrrr! It was rather warm-ish here today, but tomorrow it is going to be cold again, especially in the morning.

My evening student cancelled today ... again. So I did not have to work till 8.30 PM.

22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know, it sometimes works. No chocolate anymore, it is almost 11 PM.

Brrrrrrr! It was rather warm-ish here today, but tomorrow it is going to be cold again, especially in the morning.

My evening student cancelled today ... again. So I did not have to work till 8.30 PM.

Well isn’t that positive? Not money-wise of course, but at least you got a free evening. 

How is your health, btw? 

So. I hope you all missed my furnishing problems, because here comes a couple. 

Furnishing problem no. 1 

would you put a round pouffe/ottoman or a rectangle one in this area? Or maybe you would just put a seat here and get go of the storage purpose? The reason why I want to add a little seat to this narrow closet space is that it is terribly annoying to organize it or put away fresh laundry without somewhere to put things. And it’d also be nice to have a place to sit when putting on shoes. What do y’all think? 

Furnishing problem no.2

would you put a plant in place of the mess (which will soon be cleared out) in the corner or a pouffe (I must say I do love myself one or more of these purposeless seats)? Plants are nice and there’s a window, but the radiator is also quite close, so would the plant survive here? Pouffes are also nice and handy to put all the cushions on when undoing the bed for the night.

Furnishing problem no.3

Here we have an 80cms wide wall (with hot water piping inside). I used to have a large clock here, which was move to the kitchen.  Option A is to put a mirror (in black or cool toned gold) there and add a console Table (in black). Another question is: half circle table with no storage or rectangle table with storage?Half circle is good because there are lots of sharp edges and rectangles in the living area and they need to be softened up. Rectangle and drawer is good because I can keep the mess I currently have on the kitchen counter there. Option B is to get over myself and accent furniture and put up another clock

I am forever grateful for your input. :bowdown::cheers: 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well isn’t that positive? Not money-wise of course, but at least you got a free evening. 

How is your health, btw?

I mostly spent the evening studying for today's exam. Which turned out to be ridiculously simple.

I am fine now, thanks. :) Yourself?

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I mostly spent the evening studying for today's exam. Which turned out to be ridiculously simple.

I am fine now, thanks. :) Yourself?

See, it would have been a waste to study more. 

Nice to hear that. I’m fine, I cooked(!), that was fine too(!!), and now I’ll just go to bed and get more than 4-6 hours of sleep.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

How is your health, btw? 

So. I hope you all missed my furnishing problems, because here comes a couple. 

Furnishing problem no. 1 

would you put a round pouffe/ottoman or a rectangle one in this area? Or maybe you would just put a seat here and get go of the storage purpose? The reason why I want to add a little seat to this narrow closet space is that it is terribly annoying to organize it or put away fresh laundry without somewhere to put things. And it’d also be nice to have a place to sit when putting on shoes. What do y’all think? 

Furnishing problem no.2

would you put a plant in place of the mess (which will soon be cleared out) in the corner or a pouffe (I must say I do love myself one or more of these purposeless seats)? Plants are nice and there’s a window, but the radiator is also quite close, so would the plant survive here? Pouffes are also nice and handy to put all the cushions on when undoing the bed for the night.

Furnishing problem no.3

Here we have an 80cms wide wall (with hot water piping inside). I used to have a large clock here, which was move to the kitchen.  Option A is to put a mirror (in black or cool toned gold) there and add a console Table (in black). Another question is: half circle table with no storage or rectangle table with storage?Half circle is good because there are lots of sharp edges and rectangles in the living area and they need to be softened up. Rectangle and drawer is good because I can keep the mess I currently have on the kitchen counter there. Option B is to get over myself and accent furniture and put up another clock

I am forever grateful for your input. :bowdown::cheers: 

I'll give my humble opinion heree

Problem number 1: I'd put the round pouffle because it looks quite styslish and elegant for the corner. However, I do like the other two options, especially the seat if you have space. I know that the round pouffle has less storage space as well.

Problem number 2: I'd definitely put the pouffle instead of the plant because of the radiator...for it to survive...(not good at this, but I think being too near heat it's not good for them?). Also, the pouffle is a place where you could put accessories or bags or whatever on.

Problem number 3: I'd definitely put a mirror! Much as I like the clocks, I think a mirror always gives the room the illusion of more space and this one is particularly cosy. As for the table,  both look cool. I really like the rectangular one, but maybe it's too big for the corner and there is that problem of the edges that have to soften the room, then you're right, rounded might be more suitable.

Thank you for weighing in Meera! 

Meanwhile it’s 3am, I have earplugs in and I can still hear the fucking college students wreaking havoc on the street. I have screenshots of the dorm’s house rules, the contact info to the director of the dorm and the student council and I’ll unleash all the drama and wrath I have in myself on them tomorrow morning, because this completely out of the world insane, absolutely unacceptable and I’m so done with their shit. 

26 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thank you for weighing in Meera! 

Meanwhile it’s 3am, I have earplugs in and I can still hear the fucking college students wreaking havoc on the street. I have screenshots of the dorm’s house rules, the contact info to the director of the dorm and the student council and I’ll unleash all the drama and wrath I have in myself on them tomorrow morning, because this completely out of the world insane, absolutely unacceptable and I’m so done with their shit. 

Your welcome!

That problem again...so I am not alone not sleeping, although in my case it's because I just can't...

The bolded.....Do that please! It's a Wednesday night! They can't just do that

6 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Your welcome!

That problem again...so I am not alone not sleeping, although in my case it's because I just can't...

The bolded.....Do that please! It's a Wednesday night! They can't just do that

I’m sorry, not sleeping is awful. :/ 

oh I did. The response was understanding and empathetic but entirely unhelpful. Basically I was told to call the police on them because nobody can do nothing about what these students do on the street outside uni premises. They also told me that this has been an issue since 1983. I find it impossible to understand why these institutions hadn’t been moved to the outskirtsyet , like every other college dorm is. There the students can act like wild animals without disturbing other people... 

On a more positive note, I’ll now pester you with a selection of my favorite Anastasia Musical songs, which I’ve been listening to on repeat for the past two weeks. 

The obvious bestest  :wub: 

The jolliest :drunk: 

The most karaoke-positive  :cheers: 

The most layered. :commie:

The one that breaks your heart :crying:

The absolute tear-jerker :bawl: 

And finally, a chilling spin on the classic :bowdown:

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Nothing. This narrow hallway has closet doors on both sides, right? I think it would be way too annoying always having to move it left amd right while opening closets on either side. If you want to have an empty shelf to put freshly cleaned and ironed stuff on (I understand that desire!), then my advice would be to clear out one of the shelves in the wardrobes and keep it empty for that purpose.

But then again, I would also choose a completely different carpet, so my opinion is moot.

Nothing, that space needs to be left empty for the room to breathe. If anything, then the fikusz, but I don't know how your plantkeeping capabilities are. I can only say I have some plants directly over the heating and it does not seem to bother them.

What about a full-length mirror? But I see that you have plenty of these in the wardrobe area, so you probably don't need another. This was just my first idea as somebody whose home does not have any full-length mirror at all and is missing one (if I want to see myself whole, I have to climb on the edge of the bathtub).

So I would say maybe just a painting? Idk. I don't have a smartass useless opinion on a table or no table here.

But we already know my taste in literally everything is completely different to yours, so all my opinions here are useless. I generally like clocks everywhere, however, the one you linked terrifies my sense of aesthetics.

/useless post

Archived