TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

it's same temperature here although I consider it....like a sift winter not spring hehe.

mmm..for magazines I.like decoration! And i agree with you Rhae I used to "like" those magazines (let's say that somr gossiping didnt harm) but now just looking at thr covers....

I went to see cars in a car dealer this morning. Not for me, for my father who is retiring soon and he will need one. And I will go to an 80's party tonight.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

it's same temperature here although I consider it....like a sift winter not spring hehe.

mmm..for magazines I.like decoration! And i agree with you Rhae I used to "like" those magazines (let's say that somr gossiping didnt harm) but now just looking at thr covers....

I went to see cars in a car dealer this morning. Not for me, for my father who is retiring soon and he will need one. And I will go to an 80's party tonight.

Don’t buy a Land/Range Rover I’ve had a few teething troubles with mine and I don’t think their after sales support is very good!.

Oh and an 80s party sounds like fun!, I love 80s music :D.

19 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Don’t buy a Land/Range Rover I’ve had a few teething troubles with mine and I don’t think their after sales support is very good!.

Oh and an 80s party sounds like fun!, I love 80s music :D.

Yeah, well, weare more intosportive ones :P

It was cool but we left soon to another place bc it was very small and the average eage there was 60 and she didn'tfeel comfortable dancing around

I love 80's music so much, as well!!! It's magic

On 2/16/2019 at 4:10 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

My father is test driving a new car too, it’s black and brighter than my future. :lol: 

how was the party? 

I spent like 12+ hours studying history with sister for the equivalent of SAT/A levels. It was the most fun thing I’ve done since London. I forgot how much I loved studying history. 

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, well, weare more intosportive ones :P

It was cool but we left soon to another place bc it was very small and the average eage there was 60 and she didn'tfeel comfortable dancing around

I love 80's music so much, as well!!! It's magic

Ah that's good then, I'm more a big SUV kind of girl, for all those mountains I need to drive up around London :P, plus the carry space for baby stuff.

The 80s and 90s were truly magical eras for music!.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

My father is test driving a new car too, it’s black and brighter than my future. :lol: 

how was the party? 

I spent like 12+ hours studying history with sister for the equivalent of SAT/A levels. It was the most fun thing I’ve done since London. I forgot how much I loved studying history. 

We are thinking whether to buy an automatic one or a manual. Thing is, we prefer the latter bc it's how we learnt to drive, but the majority or cars are now automatic....

It was cool, but we left soon cause people were of our parents ages and my friend was a little bit embarrassed to dance around. Then we went to another club that I like a lot, but had not been in ages.

And....we entered one of the two rooms...and there, out of a sudden... we saw....a masculine streap dance:o

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Ah that's good then, I'm more a big SUV kind of girl, for all those mountains I need to drive up around London :P, plus the carry space for baby stuff.

The 80s and 90s were truly magical eras for music!.

I'm really looking forward to drive anything. If only I had a car...

But I also love walking. I went to the beach today and took some beautiful pics of the sunset.

45 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

We are thinking whether to buy an automatic one or a manual. Thing is, we prefer the latter bc it's how we learnt to drive, but the majority or cars are now automatic....

It was cool, but we left soon cause people were of our parents ages and my friend was a little bit embarrassed to dance around. Then we went to another club that I like a lot, but had not been in ages.

And....we entered one of the two rooms...and there, out of a sudden... we saw....a masculine streap dance:o

But I also love walking. I went to the beach today and took some beautiful pics of the sunset.

My mother drives manual, but my father switched to automatic many years ago. I learned to drive manual but it’s def easier to drive automatic, way fewer things to pay attention to. Then again, if I drive, I drive my mother’s car, because that’s the one I can and dare to handle. My father’s cars were all terrifying. 

That wasn’t a bad twist of scenario :lol: glad the night turned out to be fun and eventful and juicy. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I learned with manual but I haven't driven one for ages I much prefer automatic because I don't enjoy driving very much.

I miss having a motorcycle :( .

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

My mother drives manual, but my father switched to automatic many years ago. I learned to drive manual but it’s def easier to drive automatic, way fewer things to pay attention to. Then again, if I drive, I drive my mother’s car, because that’s the one I can and dare to handle. My father’s cars were all terrifying. 

That wasn’t a bad twist of scenario :lol: glad the night turned out to be fun and eventful and juicy. 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I learned with manual but I haven't driven one for ages I much prefer automatic because I don't enjoy driving very much.

I miss having a motorcycle :( .

Yeah, I know it's easier, but I just....I dunno, Il love the manual. Feel like theother it's just too easy!

yeah, xD. German metal music in the background included for the special event, xd. 

Oh btw  cos this is like my old home and I'm allowed to tell people now.

TitanCon in Belfast is gonna be so awesome this year.  Its 3 days after Dublin Worldcon ends.   And GRRM is our Guest of honour.    (was so tempted to use that as my Pictionary sentence,  but it was an Official Secret at the time.)

https://titancon.com/2019/index.php

Also the Coach Tour on the Sunday  goes to the Giants Causeway,  Balintoy Harbour and Renly's Car park

then there is an awesome feast once we are back in the hotel.  the menu looks divine  (but is an offical secret right now so can't share the menu)

The Coach Tour, Feast and Lovely Beards are my personal area's of responisbility and my commitee roles.    I'm also arranging a couple of trips to the GOT experiance between the 2 cons at a discount.   

Its gonna be awesome.      Prices increase in a week.   oh and we have a Cap on Memberships.  We are not near it yet, but we just announced George at 7pm today.

8 hours ago, Pebble said:

Oh btw  cos this is like my old home and I'm allowed to tell people now.

TitanCon in Belfast is gonna be so awesome this year.  Its 3 days after Dublin Worldcon ends.   And GRRM is our Guest of honour.    (was so tempted to use that as my Pictionary sentence,  but it was an Official Secret at the time.)

https://titancon.com/2019/index.php

That sounds exciting, I am sure you all are going to have a great time. Who else from the board is going? TitanCat, the Mountain Goat? How is the Mountain Goat anyway?

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, I know it's easier, but I just....I dunno, Il love the manual. Feel like theother it's just too easy!

yeah, xD. German metal music in the background included for the special event, xd. 

:o I’m not the German metal music kind of bike person, I like the ones more like these:P

https://media.superbike.co.uk/legacy-image/path/2018/11/15_DUCATI-PANIGALE-V4-R-ACTION_UC69252_Mid.jpg

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

That sounds exciting, I am sure you all are going to have a great time. Who else from the board is going? TitanCat, the Mountain Goat? How is the Mountain Goat anyway?

Hmmmm  Titancat yes   Man at no  they have recently split up.

MG no,  he has not come to a Titancon since he quite 2.5 years ago.  We miss him very much.

Not sure who else you would know.   There is a list in the 1st post in the worldcon thread in the bab forum.  We are sharing a thread as it's kinda a combined event for lots of us.

Listened in on three high school classes today ... gods, teenages can be the worst. I learned just what a difference the teacher's personality and the way how they act make. One teacher acts like a military commander. Result: discipline. The other tries to be nice. Result: chaos in the classroom. What is the better approach?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Listened in on three high school classes today ... gods, teenages can be the worst. I learned just what a difference the teacher's personality and the way how they act make. One teacher acts like a military commander. Result: discipline. The other tries to be nice. Result: chaos in the classroom. What is the better approach?

Fear will keep the local systems, um..... I mean teenagers in line, and if the school frowns upon some of your practices, clearly the only response is:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The military approach provided that the teacher looks like one. But I prefer the nice one

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The age old question. I always preferred teachers who kept at least a moderate level of discipline. But then, I was a good girl. The whole laissez faire approach only results in depriving kids who actually attend classes to study of the chance to do so. Try to find a balance, is all I can suggest. 

Archived