TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, I remember being an insufferable person at the age of 13. 

Good luck! You’ll do well, I’m sure! 

I remember my schoolmates being insufferable at the age of 13. I realised I am honestly still uncomfortable around groups of kids that age, and it has been like 14 years.

Thank you for your confidence in me, that makes one of us. :P

Not on the first appointment. :smug: 

Seriously though, handymen are so not my trigger. 

But they are very muscular! :P

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I remember my schoolmates being insufferable at the age of 13. I realised I am honestly still uncomfortable around groups of kids that age, and it has been like 14 years.

Thank you for your confidence in me, that makes one of us. :P

But they are very muscular! :P

Yeah they are terrifying, almost as much as 15-6-year-olds. 

On screen, maybe? In my real life experience, they are just large, sweaty, smelly and always late or unavailable :dunno: 

26 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh no, this sounds very annoying.... I remember these free periods. We used to try to schedule group work when this happened or went shopping or having a coffee. and I also went home a lot because I lived in a 30-minute commute from uni. 

Yeah, somthing like this. My safst bet is going to the library. Maybe this way I'll study steadily and not procrastinate as much....

Also....This week I've not been able to go to the gym a single day...and considering I only spend there about 20 minutes for a short run.....will I? I need to go....

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I know, it was a joke. :P

I know :lol: 

12 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, somthing like this. My safst bet is going to the library. Maybe this way I'll study steadily and not procrastinate as much....

Also....This week I've not been able to go to the gym a single day...and considering I only spend there about 20 minutes for a short run.....will I? I need to go....

Hmmm, I remember going to the library to "study" a few times and hanging out in the magazin room and getting vending machine snacks instead :lol: But I don't want to project my lack of self-discipline and motivation, so you go and push through and conquer that course! :commie: 

Gym... never heard of this place... :leaving: 

I should start exercising actually, I mean this year I'm officially closer to thirty (*shudders*) and I should start taking care of my body....

On 2/20/2019 at 6:23 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Naaaaaah. We expect that every time and it doesn’t happen. We are just the last of spammers. 

Is that like being the last of the giants? :p I did just this minute greet two new Westerosi in introductions. Not a floob by any means, but peep do continue to find the site.

And I may be the only one, but I expect TWOW this year - release to announced during the airing of s.8, that's my prediction - and if that happens, we'll see.

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I have returned in time for the race, I see.

FOMN! How's life? Last I recall, you had moved into your own place - how's that going? Still fun?

28 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Is that like being the last of the giants? :p I did just this minute greet two new Westerosi in introductions. Not a floob by any means, but peep do continue to find the site.

And I may be the only one, but I expect TWOW this year - release to announced during the airing of s.8, that's my prediction - and if that happens, we'll see.

FOMN! How's life? Last I recall, you had moved into your own place - how's that going? Still fun?

Yeah, it’s just like that. Well, sure but the conversion rate from board member to tttne regular is what, 0.05%? We are special snowflakes. 

Thats an admirably positive outlook on the future :D I no longer expect TWOW to come out. Maybe the got prequel shows will bring some folks to the fort. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hmmm, I remember going to the library to "study" a few times and hanging out in the magazin room and getting vending machine snacks instead :lol: But I don't want to project my lack of self-discipline and motivation, so you go and push through and conquer that course!

I just spent some time there to study and instead messaged back and forth with a friend ... about the exam we have to study for. At least I learned something this way.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I should start exercising actually, I mean this year I'm officially closer to thirty (*shudders*) and I should start taking care of my body....

I have been telling myself that for years. :leaving:

33 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Well, people find the board, make an account, post once or twice and never return, sooooo ...

33 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

That is very optimistic outlook on life. ;)

Yeah, it’s just like that. Well, sure but the conversion rate from board member to tttne regular is what, 0.05%? We are special snowflakes.

I think 0.05 % is an exaggerrated estimation.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Don't be disgusting, Lord Sidious. :P:leer:

I only said what you were already thinking :leer:, also it’s Bittersweet Distractor these days, I’m trying to be a low key Sith :P.

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh no, this sounds very annoying.... I remember these free periods. We used to try to schedule group work when this happened or went shopping or having a coffee. and I also went home a lot because I lived in a 30-minute commute from uni. 

I don’t get why people are into handymen in the first place, oh or delivery people!.

57 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I just spent some time there to study and instead messaged back and forth with a friend ... about the exam we have to study for. At least I learned something this way.

I have been telling myself that for years. :leaving:

Well, people find the board, make an account, post once or twice and never return, sooooo ...

I think 0.05 % is an exaggerrated estimation.

:cheers: As a champ of procrastination, I salut your skills at not-studying :D 

Probably. Well, maybe I have a positive outlook on life too? :lmao: Or just suck at probability estimation. 

30 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I only said what you were already thinking :leer:, also it’s Bittersweet Distractor these days, I’m trying to be a low key Sith :P.

I don’t get why people are into handymen in the first place, oh or delivery people!.

Neither do I, I never saw the appeal. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I've been burned by this optimistic outlook before, but now that GOT is ending, HBO's hold over the book ought to end.

Talk about optimistic, a friend of mine said she heard TWOW might come out this summer and APOS in December - now THAT is optimistic.

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

No I wasn't! :blushing:

Also you will always be known as Lord Sidious in these woods.

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I've been burned by this optimistic outlook before, but now that GOT is ending, HBO's hold over the book ought to end.

Talk about optimistic, a friend of mine said she heard TWOW might come out this summer and APOS in December - now THAT is optimistic.

Why do you think HBO has any hold over any book? I just think there is no book, as GRRM has not written it.

Yeah, your friend has her head in the clouuuuuuds cause that's where heaven is ... *cue music*

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Go and read F&B!, it’s really interesting :D.

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know :lol: 

Hmmm, I remember going to the library to "study" a few times and hanging out in the magazin room and getting vending machine snacks instead :lol: But I don't want to project my lack of self-discipline and motivation, so you go and push through and conquer that course! :commie: 

Gym... never heard of this place... :leaving: 

the bolded sounds so familiar xd

Argh, since I already reached the *number* (even if I still get mistaken by yonger fortunately..) that's something I also need to focus on. Gym..oh well, the other day I was seeing an old man (sixties...) just who was managing to do pullups and even upside down....and I was like...oh my.... I'm so out of shape. How can they do that?

Anyway, today there was general strike so I had to go walking to my places. And I walked for 4 hours, so around 20 km. Now I'm gonna walk more to teach maths.

PS: obviously, my legs hurt so hard..

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No chance at all. You guys are evil.

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, this thread was started in fricking September. I say it is high time we finish it.

Exactly, strike the thread down with all of your hatred!!.

Awww yeah. I’m not going to die :commie: (paranoid rhaenys after a doctor’s appointment) 

as for the thread’s death, it seems gentle and merciful enough for me, you guys decided to kill it an hour ago and it’s still around. :lol: 

i remember the historical time when it was enough to go to the bathroom and one missed what was known as the race. 

Archived