RhaenysBee

TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

17 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My my my... I’m so old. 

Aragorn is 60 today. Well, the actor. 

I should rewatch Lotr. It’s been so long and that movie is eternal. 

*Bites tongue* 

Must. Resist. Ranting. Urge.

Aaaaand it's passed :)

soap bubbles

im sorry it just slipped out!

18 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nailed it :commie:.

Congrats! :cheers:

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*Bites tongue* 

soap bubbles

Nothing to be sorry about, it's not like I understood your post :lol: 

44 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My my my... I’m so old. 

Aragorn is 60 today. Well, the actor. 

I should rewatch Lotr. It’s been so long and that movie is eternal. 

:eek: Viggo is 60?!!!!

Ommyygawwdd.

LOTR rewatch is a Christmas staple for me and some friends.

36 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nailed it :commie:.

Details. What did you play? Did you sing? Got through the nervousness ok?

I'm guessing if it went so well, there will be more such dates?

25 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*Bites tongue* 

soap bubbles

:idea:Soap bubbles. That would make an interesting vid. :D

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

:eek: Viggo is 60?!!!!

Ommyygawwdd.

LOTR rewatch is a Christmas staple for me and some friends.

:idea:Soap bubbles. That would make an interesting vid. :D

Yeah. It’s shocking, isn’t it? Well he’s still a babe. I mean not like that, the way he was 15 years ago when he played Aragorn, but he’s adorable like a puppy. I should stop talking :leaving: 

my Christmas staple is Love Actually and Harry Potter 1-2. I also love Santa ClausE,  Home Alone 1 and Bad Santa and I get myself into a mindset in which I even enjoy Elf. In fact I’ll watch almost any hallmark level Christmas movie and enjoy it when it’s Christmas. 

This was exhausting.... I spent the past hour scrubbing limescale from the other bathroom. On the upside it’s much easier to clean the tiles in a shower cabin than in a tub, on the downside it took an hour to make it look presentable. I need to pick up a couple bathroom supplies tomorrow and it’ll be nice and welcoming and actually usable. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Congrats :D

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Congrats! :cheers:

Nothing to be sorry about, it's not like I understood your post :lol: 

Thank you both :).

2 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I had to play second guitar on a couple of songs my friends were covering (I actually played the lead parts not the rhythm) which I wasn’t nervous about at all as I’ve played for years.

I also played piano(well keyboard) and sung Pyramid Song by Radiohead, which I was very nervous about as I’m somewhat of a rusty pianist but I’ve been practicing lots and did really well so I’m happy today :D.

I’m not sure about performing again, if my friends need some extra guitar I probably will help them out but I don’t want to make it a regular thing really, I can’t dedicate enough time to it with mini Sith taking up so much of my time.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah. It’s shocking, isn’t it? Well he’s still a babe. I mean not like that, the way he was 15 years ago when he played Aragorn, but he’s adorable like a puppy. I should stop talking :leaving: 

my Christmas staple is Love Actually and Harry Potter 1-2. I also love Santa ClausE,  Home Alone 1 and Bad Santa and I get myself into a mindset in which I even enjoy Elf. In fact I’ll watch almost any hallmark level Christmas movie and enjoy it when it’s Christmas. 

This was exhausting.... I spent the past hour scrubbing limescale from the other bathroom. On the upside it’s much easier to clean the tiles in a shower cabin than in a tub, on the downside it took an hour to make it look presentable. I need to pick up a couple bathroom supplies tomorrow and it’ll be nice and welcoming and actually usable. 

:)What is the Viggo doing these days? I lost track after Hidalgo and a History of Violence.

I'm glad you have that ritual - I've never had one till this LOTR thing started up in recent years.

Limescale?! Ugh, that's brutal stuff to clean - but congrats for getting it done.

My big weekend chore was climbing a tree to saw off some branches Mrs. C thought should come down.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Thank you both :).

I had to play second guitar on a couple of songs my friends were covering (I actually played the lead parts not the rhythm) which I wasn’t nervous about at all as I’ve played for years.

I also played piano(well keyboard) and sung Pyramid Song by Radiohead, which I was very nervous about as I’m somewhat of a rusty pianist but I’ve been practicing lots and did really well so I’m happy today :D.

I’m not sure about performing again, if my friends need some extra guitar I probably will help them out but I don’t want to make it a regular thing really, I can’t dedicate enough time to it with mini Sith taking up so much of my time.

I don't know Radiohead well, but my impression is he's quite a singer? So it must have been a demanding vocal part - but you say the piano made you more nervous? maybe I will youtube the song. You've got me curious now.

I can understand with baby sith, music can't be a regular thing. My sister likes to sing and her husband plays guitar, sop they had a band for a short time, but its so much work getting everybody together to practice when you have kids (they have 3) and a house and job and etc. They have not played together in years now.

38 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

:)What is the Viggo doing these days? I lost track after Hidalgo and a History of Violence.

I'm glad you have that ritual - I've never had one till this LOTR thing started up in recent years.

Limescale?! Ugh, that's brutal stuff to clean - but congrats for getting it done.

My big weekend chore was climbing a tree to saw off some branches Mrs. C thought should come down.

I don't know Radiohead well, but my impression is he's quite a singer? So it must have been a demanding vocal part - but you say the piano made you more nervous? maybe I will youtube the song. You've got me curious now.

I can understand with baby sith, music can't be a regular thing. My sister likes to sing and her husband plays guitar, sop they had a band for a short time, but its so much work getting everybody together to practice when you have kids (they have 3) and a house and job and etc. They have not played together in years now.

Yes, he’s a great singer, and can be challenging to cover vocally, although I actually found a womans vocals worked really well with that song. I did find the piano part a bit harder, it isn’t the easiest flowing song as it has an awkward syncopated time signature.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_Gg1xAHE4

Buck don’t click, you won’t like it :P.