TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Okay fine. You can add anything to tge tree ... if you are quick enough! :P

Hello, Bex!

I also think you should respect it being called the Sithmas tree in our house, also part of my religion :P.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I call it the New Year's spruce, as we do it at my home.

Now that's just weird :P.

On a more serioius note, have you got much planned for Christmas this year?, we have family coming to visit, and we want to make a big fuss for mini Sith of course, thankfully I don't have to do the cooking, because I'm terrible at it.

6 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

I may actually put up some lights this week, though my neighbors have been unusually slow with theirs. Maybe I'm not the only one lacking "Christmas spirit" this year.

I hear ya. Fortunately, I have an annoying light thing. Stick, set, hope no one steals it. If I get in the ground before Christmas Eve, then I'm ahead.

I'm just stuck on the cleaning. The whole house needs a good cleaning and organizing. I was going to get started today, but realized the potentially leaky washer was the water heater.:huh:

Hey Lord S. How is the dark side these days?

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

On a more serioius note, have you got much planned for Christmas this year?, we have family coming to visit, and we want to make a big fuss for mini Sith of course, thankfully I don't have to do the cooking, because I'm terrible at it.

It is not weird in my language!

Christmas is not so important for me as New Year. And no, I do not have anything particular planned for any of those. In the past two years, I was with the supernatural entity for New Year, but now that is obviously not an option anymore.

What kind of a Sith lord does not know how to cook? :o

15 hours ago, DreamSongs said:

I hear ya. Fortunately, I have an annoying light thing. Stick, set, hope no one steals it. If I get in the ground before Christmas Eve, then I'm ahead.

I'm just stuck on the cleaning. The whole house needs a good cleaning and organizing. I was going to get started today, but realized the potentially leaky washer was the water heater.:huh:

Hey Lord S. How is the dark side these days?

I’m good thank you, although tired nearly all of the time, loving parenthood and in a good happy place at the moment, how are things with you?.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is not weird in my language!

Christmas is not so important for me as New Year. And no, I do not have anything particular planned for any of those. In the past two years, I was with the supernatural entity for New Year, but now that is obviously not an option anymore.

What kind of a Sith lord does not know how to cook? :o

Are you thinking of spending it with family maybe?.

Sith Lords do not concern themselves with cooking, that’s what we have minions (fiancées) for :P.

30 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Are you thinking of spending it with family maybe?.

Sith Lords do not concern themselves with cooking, that’s what we have minions (fiancées) for :P.

I mean, I live with my family, so that is kind of the default option. If anything, if I want to do something special, then I want to get away from them. :P

Eh, I think everybody who is able to should know how to cook some basic stuff. Including Sith lords. :P

38 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, I live with my family, so that is kind of the default option. If anything, if I want to do something special, then I want to get away from them. :P

Eh, I think everybody who is able to should know how to cook some basic stuff. Including Sith lords. :P

Oh I can cook basic stuff, I’m not THAT bad :P, we kind of have a division of chores thing going on in our house, I’m good at doing the cleaning and laundry and stuff and she cooks.

I’m already decorsting for Christmas, as I’ve already mentioned. 

I still need an advent wreath/center piece for the kitchen island, the back room needs to be tidied up, my room needs a little more love, I want a grinch Christmas tree for the hallway and I want white poinsettia, and maybe curtain lights for the balcony door (I’m not sure how I could secure it to the shitty curtain holder though - which I still haven’t replaced to a proper one). 

And now I’m running to catch my train and then I need to get a taxi home from the train station because nobody’s there to pick me up and I’m running laaaaaaate. 

Here’s a funny story for y’all. 

I actually caught my train. (I even had time to run to the loo at the station. TMI, I know.) I got on, I found an empty seat. And then it hit me. The answer to what I’ve been thinking about since I walked out of the door. What am I leaving home? Well, the right keys obviously. 

I double checked my bag twice and made sure I had the second set of keys. But it never ever reached my consciousness that the second set of key is the one to my old flat and not the one to my parents’ house.......................... 

The next second I also realized I need to get off the train, because not getting off means having to wait two hours for my mother and sister on the terrace with the dogs and it’s even sub zero in the city, the weather is most certainly not suitable to pass one’s time in a pitch dark garden.

But I knew there was noooooooo way I would commute across the city again with a big ass suitcase to get the right keys and maybe - just maybe - reach the second to next train. So now I’m sitting in a Starbucks waiting for mother to call that I can go home because someone’s there to let me in. 

I suppose this is what you call an epic fail. 

Yeah and it was actually very pleasant to sit there and watch Netflix with a hot chocolate. I never said it was bad :dunno: 

it’s just awkwardly hilarious that after doublechecking my luggage over and over again I end up leaving something as significant as house keys at home. And that I only realize this after I get on the train. But that’s what it is, a funny, facepalm story. 

No complaints at all. I could easily have only realized the key problem at the gate of my parent’s house. And THAT would have sucked, so despite what the story may sound like, it’s not a complaint. But I guess I should specify these things in the future? :dunno: 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah and it was actually very pleasant to sit there and watch Netflix with a hot chocolate. I never said it was bad :dunno: 

it’s just awkwardly hilarious that after doublechecking my luggage over and over again I end up leaving something as significant as house keys at home. And that I only realize this after I get on the train. But that’s what it is, a funny, facepalm story. 

No complaints at all. I could easily have only realized the key problem at the gate of my parent’s house. And THAT would have sucked, so despite what the story may sound like, it’s not a complaint. But I guess I should specify these things in the future? :dunno: 

Do you still have time to sit there and contribute to my tree game if I post it now? :P

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Here’s a funny story for y’all. 

I actually caught my train. (I even had time to run to the loo at the station. TMI, I know.) I got on, I found an empty seat. And then it hit me. The answer to what I’ve been thinking about since I walked out of the door. What am I leaving home? Well, the right keys obviously. 

I double checked my bag twice and made sure I had the second set of keys. But it never ever reached my consciousness that the second set of key is the one to my old flat and not the one to my parents’ house.......................... 

The next second I also realized I need to get off the train, because not getting off means having to wait two hours for my mother and sister on the terrace with the dogs and it’s even sub zero in the city, the weather is most certainly not suitable to pass one’s time in a pitch dark garden.

But I knew there was noooooooo way I would commute across the city again with a big ass suitcase to get the right keys and maybe - just maybe - reach the second to next train. So now I’m sitting in a Starbucks waiting for mother to call that I can go home because someone’s there to let me in. 

I suppose this is what you call an epic fail. 

Oh, I've had similar or even worse problems with keys in the past. :P From not knowing where they are (something more than occasional) to ...some years ago going home from town in a train and realizing that I did have no keys. Returning to town was not an option, since I didn't have more money, and the friends of my parents who had an extra set of keys were abroad. Fortunately, their son was there, but I had to wait lots of hours in the dark...

So yesterday I did my tutoring class. It will probably be something punctual or occasional at best since the boy is doing a vocational training program. The class lasted two hours more than expected because he had an exam and we had to go over Maths before actually starting the Heat problems. It was so fun doing this again.

Archived