Jump to content
RhaenysBee

TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee, you broke me. I started it before 1st December after all.

 

Come play!

:commie: :commie: :commie: See? See? Christmas spirit is in you, after all! Will do my best to add an ornament tomorrow. I suppose I’ll need to find a suitable app first. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh, I've had similar or even worse problems with keys in the past. :P From not knowing where they are (something more than occasional) to ...some years ago going home from town in a train and realizing that I did have no keys. Returning to town was not an option, since I didn't have more money, and the friends of my parents who had an extra set of keys were abroad. Fortunately, their son was there, but I had to wait lots of hours in the dark...

.....

So yesterday I did my tutoring class. It will probably be something punctual or occasional at best since the boy is doing a vocational training program. The class lasted two hours more than expected because he had an exam and we had to go over Maths before actually starting the Heat problems. It was so fun doing this again.

Ugh, now that doesn’t sound pleasant. I was actually kinda happy with myself that I remembered this before the train left the city. 

Glad to hear the tutoring went well. What subject is this exactly? Heat problems? I feel like this was an area I sucked at back at school :lol: 

 

oh dear goodness. I can’t even imagine how tiring it must be to be a celebrity manager. That’s how sister’s prom makes me feel like. Well, we are all packed, she is semi-ready for tomorrow, but she’ll be dead tired all day with the 4 hours of sleep she’s getting tonight. But she’s young and full of energy and excitement. So I guess the adrenaline rush will sort this out issue out. and I’m still the absolute best sibling in the entire world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ugh, now that doesn’t sound pleasant. I was actually kinda happy with myself that I remembered this before the train left the city. 

I better don't say how many times I lose my phone in the appartment :leaving:

Quote

Glad to hear the tutoring went well. What subject is this exactly? Heat problems? I feel like this was an area I sucked at back at school :lol: 

 

oh dear goodness. I can’t even imagine how tiring it must be to be a celebrity manager. That’s how sister’s prom makes me feel like. Well, we are all packed, she is semi-ready for tomorrow, but she’ll be dead tired all day with the 4 hours of sleep she’s getting tonight. But she’s young and full of energy and excitement. So I guess the adrenaline rush will sort this out issue out. and I’m still the absolute best sibling in the entire world. 

Thanks! Yeah, Heat problems. About finding the final temperature that a substance reaches, or the mass, change of state, or liquids at different temperatures that are mixed together.

I hope she has a great day!

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

@RhaenysBee, you broke me. I started it before 1st December after all.

It's December over here! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, felice said:

It's December over here! :)

Here too, ha! Happy December.

Edited by Buckwheat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 7:33 AM, DreamSongs said:

Uck. I have to clear before decorating.

Hi Bex! I had forgotten your "new" name on Westeros.

Didn't get any lights hung - too much else going on. Moved a bunch of furniture around including the shelves in my office which meant moving lots of books, games and CDs. The move is ahead of the last big remodeling project in our house - tearing out the plaster of the outside walls for insulation and sheet rock. The ceilings also will get insulation (for sound instead of warmth) and sheet rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I even helped my mother put up the Christmas lights at their house :commie:

My mother hadn't bought a single piece of Christmas decor since 2003, so it's quite difficult, because there's only so much you can work with. I guess I'll take home a bunch of stuff this year when I visit for Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preparing for Christmas is definately on hold here at the moment, mini Sith is poorly and has the sniffles, and now I’ve got them too, along with a really nasty sore throat :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get well soon, @Lord Sidious and mini sith. 

Oh man... When did Facebook become a message board for the elderly? I mean my feed is 50% ads and 50% very old people wishing everybody on the face of earth happy nameday and birthday with tacky Facebook posts or sharing/commenting  photos of their grandchildren. There’s this old married couple who message me stuff like Congrats on your birthday! Have a great day! Greetings to you! I silenced the conversation because I don’t even know who these people are :dunno: then they wished me happy birthday in a tacky public post too. Like thanks, but I don’t even know who you are. Not a clue. Not even from your picture. :idea: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

My mother hadn't bought a single piece of Christmas decor since 2003, so it's quite difficult, because there's only so much you can work with. I guess I'll take home a bunch of stuff this year when I visit for Christmas. 

Wait, what is wrong with the old ones? My favourite decorations are the ones I remember from my childhood and discover anew every year.

Plus the ones I make myself. But this year I was not good, I have not done any completely. I painted some, but they are still waiting to be polished.

56 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh man... When did Facebook become a message board for the elderly? I mean my feed is 50% ads and 50% very old people wishing everybody on the face of earth happy nameday and birthday with tacky Facebook posts or sharing/commenting  photos of their grandchildren. There’s this old married couple who message me stuff like Congrats on your birthday! Have a great day! Greetings to you! I silenced the conversation because I don’t even know who these people are :dunno: then they wished me happy birthday in a tacky public post too. Like thanks, but I don’t even know who you are. Not a clue. Not even from your picture. :idea: 

I wish there was a way to only see stuff that your friends actually post themselves, without comments on public pages, reposts and links. No, I don't care about clumsy cat videos.

But ... how do they even see your birth date if you do not know them and presumably have not friended them? :o I swear FB is getting creepier by the day.

Also:

Spoiler

HAAAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAAAAY TOOOO YOUUUUU! :commie:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Rhae, this is for you. pics.me.me/does-it-really-matter-what-our-movie-is-about-heres-36116152.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Get well soon, @Lord Sidious and mini sith. 

Oh man... When did Facebook become a message board for the elderly? I mean my feed is 50% ads and 50% very old people wishing everybody on the face of earth happy nameday and birthday with tacky Facebook posts or sharing/commenting  photos of their grandchildren. There’s this old married couple who message me stuff like Congrats on your birthday! Have a great day! Greetings to you! I silenced the conversation because I don’t even know who these people are :dunno: then they wished me happy birthday in a tacky public post too. Like thanks, but I don’t even know who you are. Not a clue. Not even from your picture. :idea: 

 

Do you have your settings on personal info so as that only friends can see this? Otherwise not sure how this is happening.....

Spoiler

And Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug::cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait, what is wrong with the old ones? My favourite decorations are the ones I remember from my childhood and discover anew every year.

Plus the ones I make myself. But this year I was not good, I have not done any completely. I painted some, but they are still waiting to be polished.

I wish there was a way to only see stuff that your friends actually post themselves, without comments on public pages, reposts and links. No, I don't care about clumsy cat videos.

But ... how do they even see your birth date if you do not know them and presumably have not friended them? :o I swear FB is getting creepier by the day.

Also:

  Reveal hidden contents

HAAAAAAAAPY BIRTHDAAAAY TOOOO YOUUUUU! :commie:

 

Some of them experience the drastic drop in quality over the years, especially the metallic tinsels and we lost/broke a lot of baubles so I wouldn’t say anything is wrong with them, the issue is more that they no longer exist. Last year we had ornaments for like half a tree. Of course you can add szaloncukor, but that results in a massive amount to sweets you must consume unless you want to waste And that’s been very heavy on my aged stomach in the past years. 

I never really made Christmas tree ornaments. I’m fine doing elf and pine cone compositions but that’s as far as my skills go. 

Well they are my “friends” on Facebook because I know they live in my hometown and they certainly know who I am, I just don’t know who they are. 

And thank you! :cheers: 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, Rhae, this is for you. pics.me.me/does-it-really-matter-what-our-movie-is-about-heres-36116152.png

“Access denied” :/ 

27 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Do you have your settings on personal info so as that only friends can see this? Otherwise not sure how this is happening.....

  Reveal hidden contents

And Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug::cheers:

 

As I specified to Buckwheat, they are my “friends” and they know me, I just don’t know them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Some of them experience the drastic drop in quality over the years, especially the metallic tinsels and we lost/broke a lot of baubles so I wouldn’t say anything is wrong with them, the issue is more that they no longer exist. Last year we had ornaments for like half a tree. Of course you can add szaloncukor, but that results in a massive amount to sweets you must consume unless you want to waste And that’s been very heavy on my aged stomach in the past years. 

I never really made Christmas tree ornaments. I’m fine doing elf and pine cone compositions but that’s as far as my skills go. 

I do not really like tinsels, we still have some but we have not put them on the tree in a few years.

It also depends on how many ornaments you think are enough. My father puts on a few scattered across the tree and it is enough for him. My mother would put two or three on every branch. :P

I made many out of plaster, I pour the plaster into a mould and then paint them and polish them by hand.

I don't like sweets on the tree, we used to have them when I was little, but we stopped putting that on because they were not eaten and either went to waste or laid around in a drawer long after the tree was put away.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well they are my “friends” on Facebook because I know they live in my hometown and they certainly know who I am, I just don’t know who they are. 

Yeah, I would unfriend them if I were you. If I don't know who somebody is, they have no business being on my friend list and seeing my posts. If they actually want to be your friends, they would take time to spend time with you outside of the internet.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

 “Access denied” :/

This photo!

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m still feeling awful today :(.

Get better! That's an order, Sith lord! :commie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m still feeling awful today :(.

 

Moving on to happier things..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

:commie:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

 

And happy birthday RhaenysBee!! I forgot you are a fellow Sagittarius. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy St. Nicholas day!

Have you been good, did you get any presents?

I got two pairs of most outrageusly patterned and coloured socks - one with flamingos and the other one with winged horses and hearts. They are funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not really like tinsels, we still have some but we have not put them on the tree in a few years.

It also depends on how many ornaments you think are enough. My father puts on a few scattered across the tree and it is enough for him. My mother would put two or three on every branch. :P

I made many out of plaster, I pour the plaster into a mould and then paint them and polish them by hand.

I don't like sweets on the tree, we used to have them when I was little, but we stopped putting that on because they were not eaten and either went to waste or laid around in a drawer long after the tree was put away.

Yeah, I would unfriend them if I were you. If I don't know who somebody is, they have no business being on my friend list and seeing my posts. If they actually want to be your friends, they would take time to spend time with you outside of the internet.

This photo!

:cheers:

Get better! That's an order, Sith lord! :commie:

I don’t like them either. They are ugly and they shed all the time. I prefer the tree decoration to be on the fuller side. Lights and sweets add to it, but there need to be baubles and ornaments and ribbons and all. That’s what I do for my tree. My parents refuse/forget to buy new lights and put on decaying diy ornaments that are both ugly and falling apart. Sister and I usually try to push them to make a little more effort but oh well. 

Oh right, I used to do that when I was a kid but I wasn’t very good at it so I gave up. A dash of sweets is fine with me, just for the spirit, but the four boxes my father gets is way over the top.

Awwwww :wub: Steamin’ :drool: 

16 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m still feeling awful today :(.

 

Moving on to happier things..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

:commie:

Thank you! 

And wishes of quick recovery to you! Feel better soon! :grouphug:

11 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

 

And happy birthday RhaenysBee!! I forgot you are a fellow Sagittarius. :)

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Happy St. Nicholas day!

Have you been good, did you get any presents?

I got two pairs of most outrageusly patterned and coloured socks - one with flamingos and the other one with winged horses and hearts. They are funny.

We have muffins at the office and too much sweets. Aaaand that’s all. I’m sure my dad got us some silly presents like reindeer antlers or something but I won’t get those until Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not really like tinsels, we still have some but we have not put them on the tree in a few years.

It also depends on how many ornaments you think are enough. My father puts on a few scattered across the tree and it is enough for him. My mother would put two or three on every branch. :P

I made many out of plaster, I pour the plaster into a mould and then paint them and polish them by hand.

I don't like sweets on the tree, we used to have them when I was little, but we stopped putting that on because they were not eaten and either went to waste or laid around in a drawer long after the tree was put away.

Yeah, I would unfriend them if I were you. If I don't know who somebody is, they have no business being on my friend list and seeing my posts. If they actually want to be your friends, they would take time to spend time with you outside of the internet.

This photo!

:cheers:

Get better! That's an order, Sith lord! :commie:

 

19 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

 

And happy birthday RhaenysBee!! I forgot you are a fellow Sagittarius. :)

 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t like them either. They are ugly and they shed all the time. I prefer the tree decoration to be on the fuller side. Lights and sweets add to it, but there need to be baubles and ornaments and ribbons and all. That’s what I do for my tree. My parents refuse/forget to buy new lights and put on decaying diy ornaments that are both ugly and falling apart. Sister and I usually try to push them to make a little more effort but oh well. 

Oh right, I used to do that when I was a kid but I wasn’t very good at it so I gave up. A dash of sweets is fine with me, just for the spirit, but the four boxes my father gets is way over the top.

Awwwww :wub: Steamin’ :drool: 

Thank you! 

And wishes of quick recovery to you! Feel better soon! :grouphug:

Thank you! 

Thank you all, I’m feeling slightly better today and so is the little one, well we’re both still ugh and sniffly but she seems to have more energy and not be as grumpy, and well, I feel like I have a little more energy and am not as grumpy either, my fiancée said I slept for 14 straight hours last night :o.

 

Rhae, how was your birthday?, I hope you had an amazing time and got lots of presents!, including a dragon, if anyone deserves a dragon it’s you!.

 

Buck, I won’t lie, I kind of think your new socks sound cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×