TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

It’s this annaul thing like birthdays, but with red letters in the calendar.  I’m sure there’s a default setting in Calendar to get notified about events that repeat every year. :smug:  seriously though, I hope you aren’t still working. 

I ... am? Seriously, I have to, I have many assignments right now, and it is better I do them now that the memory is fresh than later.

But I will not do much during the actual holidays.

I am also just chatting with a colleague about possibly doing an additional assignment.

:leaving:

2 hours ago, felice said:

Surely you mean "the impossibility of"?

I did it, it is amazing. We had to make some online exercises for foreign language learning and ... well, I did it for my own topic, and I liked that much better. Basically, we had to make an online quiz.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Bump!

HELLO PEOPLE! 

How is Christmas coming along? 

I have SLEPT! I don’t feel like the living dead anymore. And I’m 95% done with Christmas presents. I just need to some cleaning and tidying because the house is a wreck. 

How are you all? 

Today I SLEPT a lot too!

41 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I did it, it is amazing. We had to make some online exercises for foreign language learning and ... well, I did it for my own topic, and I liked that much better. Basically, we had to make an online quiz.

That sounds cool. Which language are you preparing classes for?

3 hours ago, felice said:

Surely you mean "the impossibility of"?

:lol: 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I ... am? Seriously, I have to, I have many assignments right now, and it is better I do them now that the memory is fresh than later.

But I will not do much during the actual holidays.

I am also just chatting with a colleague about possibly doing an additional assignment.

:leaving:

This is very sad. It’s saturday and December 22. You should be having fun and/or prepping for Christmas. 

:thumbsup: good idea! 

Additional assignments? Over the holidays? You’re killing me. :eek: Well I hope you’re doing this because you enjoy it. If so then I guess you do you :D 

41 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Today I SLEPT a lot too!

:cheers: glad to hear that! 

16 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: 

This is very sad. It’s saturday and December 22. You should be having fun and/or prepping for Christmas. 

:thumbsup: good idea! 

Additional assignments? Over the holidays? You’re killing me. :eek: Well I hope you’re doing this because you enjoy it. If so then I guess you do you :D 

Yes, it is kind of sad. Nobody has time to spend it with me, so I end up working because I don't have much else to do.

How does one even prepare for a free day? It is just a free day. I wrapped a gift and set up a tree, and that is about it. We are going to visit family tomorrow.

I also don't really care about Christmas. I am glad we are spending it with family, but I see my family often enough anyway, so that is not all that special. I wish I had somebody apart from my parents to spend New Year's Eve with, but I don't (the last two years was with supernatural entity).

I finished with today's work when I posted that.

But really ... if you have an assignment due on 4th January, when I am supposed to do it, if not during the holidays? :dunno: Pretty much the whole time before that is the holidays.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

German.

Oh cool, the one I started this year and did the first course, but I could not continue with the second this Fall for lack of time. Not an easy one. I was never particularly interested, but once I gave it a shot I started liking it.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, although not sure about the upcoming days! :P

These holidays are not really "holidays" for me. I have exams on January, starting in two weeks. And it's a total madness. 

This but more importantly, a uni project that has to be done specifically during these days (it ended up being a macro project and now it's never-ending) and extra classes keep me away from doing other stuff or going away from this city, thus I will socialize much much less than I initially had planned to and cancel those things.... :bawl: well, at least my best friend is someone whose meetups have not been cancelled...just 4 days...after 4 months we just have to meet yes or yes.

8 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh cool, the one I started this year and did the first course, but I could not continue with the second this Fall for lack of time. Not an easy one. I was never particularly interested, but once I gave it a shot I started liking it.

German is actually not a very complicated language. It is very clearly and logically structured. The spelling and pronunciation are much easier than in English.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

German is actually not a very complicated language. It is very clearly and logically structured. The spelling and pronunciation are much easier than in English.

yes, I completely agree about the logical thing, although I find it a little bit too complicated compared to the Latin languages for the changes in articles and so on.

as for the spelling, the good thing is that you can read it quite easily knowing how to pronounce things without much effort. Problem is, I have not immersed myself enough so as to find the spelling (in terms of long words especially) as easier as French or English are for me.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:11 PM, Buckwheat said:

Yes, it is kind of sad. Nobody has time to spend it with me, so I end up working because I don't have much else to do.

How does one even prepare for a free day? It is just a free day. I wrapped a gift and set up a tree, and that is about it. We are going to visit family tomorrow.

I also don't really care about Christmas. I am glad we are spending it with family, but I see my family often enough anyway, so that is not all that special. I wish I had somebody apart from my parents to spend New Year's Eve with, but I don't (the last two years was with supernatural entity).

I finished with today's work when I posted that.

But really ... if you have an assignment due on 4th January, when I am supposed to do it, if not during the holidays? :dunno: Pretty much the whole time before that is the holidays.

:grouphug: That is not good that you feel like that, but at least you will spend Christmas with your family.

If it makes you feel a bit better my NYE will be pretty dull too, my fiancée is going back to her homeland to visit her family for a week on the 27th!, so all I will be doing on NYE is chilling with mini Sith, who will spend midnight being fast asleep-I’m hoping so anyway!.

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yes, I completely agree about the logical thing, although I find it a little bit too complicated compared to the Latin languages for the changes in articles and so on.

as for the spelling, the good thing is that you can read it quite easily knowing how to pronounce things without much effort. Problem is, I have not immersed myself enough so as to find the spelling (in terms of long words especially) as easier as French or English are for me.

I heard Latin itself was very complicated with inflections and such. :P

Actually, both English and French are harder to spell correctly than German.

5 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:grouphug: That is not good that you feel like that, but at least you will spend Christmas with your family.

I am fine. :)

5 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

If it makes you feel a bit better my NYE will be pretty dull too, my fiancée is going back to her homeland to visit her family for a week on the 27th!, so all I will be doing on NYE is chilling with mini Sith, who will spend midnight being fast asleep-I’m hoping so anyway!.

I imagine New Year's eve with a baby must be tough because of all the cracker nonsense and fireworks going on. I don't know how the situatiom regarding pyrotechnics is in your country. Here we get a horrible amount of noise that night, it sounds like in the middle of a battle for like half an hour after midnight.

3 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I imagine New Year's eve with a baby must be tough because of all the cracker nonsense and fireworks going on. I don't know how the situatiom regarding pyrotechnics is in your country. Here we get a horrible amount of noise that night, it sounds like in the middle of a battle for like half an hour after midnight.

I don’t know, it is my first one with a baby, she wasn’t too bad on the 5th of November, but she  is actually quite a good sleeper as far as babies go, when she’s out she’s out and not much seems to wake her up but when she’s awake she lets you know about it very quickly and loudly!.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeah, never did Latin though! Too complicated and it was not available as a course for me since I chose the Scientific branch the last two years before uni (I was not very interested, either). But I've heard that knowing the mechanisms of Latin makes learning German easier.

Indeed, but I spent more years learning them;) German...just 4 months, 6 hours per week circa.

Oh, interesting you all talk about pyrothecnics. In my city we don't have that. Well, technically yes, but only in The Montjuïc Fountains, though, where they make a show with the colours of the waters, like the one they do during the Festivities of the city. It doesn't last as much than then, though. Never been there, but I think it includes the grapes tradition and music (at least in the Festivities of the city it's a Pyrothecnic musical show).

The real tradition is eating 12 grapes while the bells of a bell tower sound as 12 o'clock of the 1st of January sound; one for each bell sound. They do the same throughout all Spain, and there in Barcelona as well.

The real all-night heavy "end-of-the-world" pyrotechnics here are in the night of St. John's Eve, in Catalonia and part of the Mediterranean Coast, the night of the 23rd-24th of June, with bonfires, etc. as a celebration of the solstice.

Archived