Jump to content
RhaenysBee

TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Where are you moving? Good luck with your team and the moving wherever it is. 

Well that’s the thing, I treat taxes as a challeange because I can’t make sense of them. You have 99 degrees in science, I’m not big on anything that involves numbers. I can’t think of it as fun simply because I don’t want to think of it more than I absolutely have to. It makes me feel like math exams at uni :stillsick: but thanks anyway, it’s nice that you attempted to reframe the issue for me. 

Texas. The corporate tax code is so much better and there's minimal regulation, no zoning code for building, also the patent courts are more friendly to local companies ... Etc. It's brilliant, tons of companies are moving there and have been for the last couple of years. 

The government designs them especially so you can't make sense of them, they're full of loop holes tho and I use all of them, I know the US tax code better than I know Shakespeare... And I know Shakespeare, heck at this point half my money is spread around Switzerland, Ireland, the virgin Islands. but the biggest tax cut has alluded me so far... Marriage. According to my math if I filed my taxes last year under a married couple's household instead of a single man's it would have driven it down from 290k to around 140k and even less if we have children . So clearly I need a wife, it is the fiscally responsible thing to do. I should use that as my pick up line "hey good lookin'! Wanna help me save up on tax money?". Yep, that's hot. 

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Taxes are even more fun if you're self employed . . .

Last week on vacation I wore my "Hodor" T-shirt one day. Only got one comment even though we were in a busy town part of the day. A twenty-ish man behind the counter at a bakery asked if I watched the show. When I said "yes", he launched into a lament about how we had to wait a year for the final season and how it was going to be only seven episodes - all this in accented (but not bad) English. I had a hunch so I asked if he was Croatian. Bingo! So "Have you been to Kings Landing/Dubrovnik? No.

Not really, I'd bet you a 100 bucks that you're probably operating in violation of at least a dozen codes and regulations (state and federal), it's inevitable, over 150000 new regulations are issued every year and they're never repealed. Whenever my hatred for the government wanes a bit I go and read the latest bill in congress or some EPA or FCC or department of agriculture or education regulations and my disgust is revamped with a fiery passion. 

I have one that says "I'm the invisible hand of the king". Not sure if anyone knows that reference but I love it. 

7 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

GOT did well in the Emmy's last night. I like Peter Dinklage's line, "Thank you Dave and Dan for changing my life. I cannot walk down the street anymore.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/arts/television/emmy-awards-live-updates.html?emc=edit_na_20180917&nl=breaking-news&nlid=59013696ing-news&ref=cta

TV quality is really watered down these days. It's much worse in the oscars, I haven't seen a deserving best picture movie that actually did well at the box office since the dark knight and that was an age ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vin said:

Texas. The corporate tax code is so much better and there's minimal regulation, no zoning code for building, also the patent courts are more friendly to local companies ... Etc. It's brilliant, tons of companies are moving there and have been for the last couple of years. 

The government designs them especially so you can't make sense of them, they're full of loop holes tho and I use all of them, I know the US tax code better than I know Shakespeare... And I know Shakespeare, heck at this point half my money is spread around Switzerland, Ireland, the virgin Islands. but the biggest tax cut has alluded me so far... Marriage. According to my math if I filed my taxes last year under a married couple's household instead of a single man's it would have driven it down from 290k to around 140k and even less if we have children . So clearly I need a wife, it is the fiscally responsible thing to do. I should use that as my pick up line "hey good lookin'! Wanna help me save up on tax money?". Yep, that's hot. 

I would compare our tax system to Texas now, if I only I had the remotest idea about what it’s like. Oh well, Texas sounds like a good place even without a point of reference. 

You do seem like you know your way around taxes. But then I thought the same about a friend and customs and it turned out I should have just gone with my gut and applied for a custom process by the post office instead of trying and failing to do it myself. But this is off topic. So marrying for perks, huh? Pff. You tax digger... 

(that was a joke, just to be sure) 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I like hairdressing and doing things to my hair, but I've never done anything very radical. I've dyed myself from brunette to blonde in the past with different levels of highlights (not all the hair), but that's the most extravagant thing I've done. Well, apart from occasionally colouring some strands in blue or purple. But these don't last much.

The rest I'm so lazy that I don't even go to cut my hair, xd. Since I'm only capable of cutting myself the front part, that is. This summer I had to cut one year of growing up. So from quite long to barely shoulder length. Too bad it grows so fast...

What I do is cut it back to shoulder length every seven years then struggle for the next three or four to grow it out. Then I enjoy it for two years and get bored and the cycle repeats itself. I haven’t experimented a lot with color, I had a phase when I badly wanted a balayage, but no hair dresser managed to accomplish the task. Whatever highlights I had turned coppery quite fast too as my hair has a red undertone. So now I basically just get it chopped a little to keep it healthy and dye it its original color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

What I do is cut it back to shoulder length every seven years then struggle for the next three or four to grow it out. Then I enjoy it for two years and get bored and the cycle repeats itself. I haven’t experimented a lot with color, I had a phase when I badly wanted a balayage, but no hair dresser managed to accomplish the task. Whatever highlights I had turned coppery quite fast too as my hair has a red undertone. So now I basically just get it chopped a little to keep it healthy and dye it its original color. 

I had a similar problem when I used to go to the hairdresser for highlights. They never got the ash blond I wanted. That's why I decided to learn for myself, and I used a bleach with blue pigments to counteract the brassy/orange undertones that appear when one is bleaching brown hair and removing the pigments. I bleached them to light blond and then just dyed with the desired ashy tone with low volumes of peroxide just for some minutes.

Of course, bleaching and dyeing instead of just dyeing  leads to damaging the hair, but with this bleach, Olaplex and a spray for damaged hair after the shower I managed to maintain it quite healthy. But it's been two years since I don't do a single highlight to my hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Here is the pic of all the cast. Gwen and Nik in yellowish colours. I think they did it on purpose.

And Isaac :wub:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/18/how-much-an-episode-of-emmy-winner-game-of-thrones-costs-to-produce.html

Emilia darkened her hair again.

Looks like a hot bromance is going on on the right with Liam & Kit.

Every time I see Gwen as herself i think of that great Lady O. line when she first spies Brienne, "Well aren't you just maaarvelous!!"

 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

In other news, Rumple is wearing a jean jacket. This is wrong in too many ways to list. I hope this stupid reality ends soon Because rumple looks and acts like a joke. 

Sorry, I'm not keeping up with OUAT - is that Rumple in the show is wearing a jean jacket? Or the Rumple actor at the Emmies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Looks like a hot bromance is going on on the right with Liam & Kit.

Every time I see Gwen as herself i think of that great Lady O. line when she first spies Brienne, "Well aren't you just maaarvelous!!"

 

Sorry, I'm not keeping up with OUAT - is that Rumple in the show is wearing a jean jacket? Or the Rumple actor at the Emmies?

Rumple in the show. But he already got rid of it. Season 7 sucks, there are all these new characters and most of the old ones are gone and it’s just weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Has anybody here seen/is watching Brooklyn 99?

:leaving:

I don’t watch but heard on YouTube it’s been cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Vin said:

Texas. The corporate tax code is so much better and there's minimal regulation, no zoning code for building, also the patent courts are more friendly to local companies ... Etc. It's brilliant, tons of companies are moving there and have been for the last couple of years. 

The government designs them especially so you can't make sense of them, they're full of loop holes tho and I use all of them, I know the US tax code better than I know Shakespeare... And I know Shakespeare, heck at this point half my money is spread around Switzerland, Ireland, the virgin Islands. but the biggest tax cut has alluded me so far... Marriage. According to my math if I filed my taxes last year under a married couple's household instead of a single man's it would have driven it down from 290k to around 140k and even less if we have children . So clearly I need a wife, it is the fiscally responsible thing to do. I should use that as my pick up line "hey good lookin'! Wanna help me save up on tax money?". Yep, that's hot. 

Not really, I'd bet you a 100 bucks that you're probably operating in violation of at least a dozen codes and regulations (state and federal), it's inevitable, over 150000 new regulations are issued every year and they're never repealed. Whenever my hatred for the government wanes a bit I go and read the latest bill in congress or some EPA or FCC or department of agriculture or education regulations and my disgust is revamped with a fiery passion. 

I have one that says "I'm the invisible hand of the king". Not sure if anyone knows that reference but I love it. 

TV quality is really watered down these days. It's much worse in the oscars, I haven't seen a deserving best picture movie that actually did well at the box office since the dark knight and that was an age ago. 

I like the way you talk, mmmhmmm. 

Your income will get you far in Texas. But it’s texas. The humidity is nothing short of torture. The bugs are huge and aplenty. The mexican food is by far superior than any other with my mother in law’s at the top. Maybe you’ll find yerself a cute cowgirl/cowboy to wrangle into matrimony for those extra tax breaks. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I would compare our tax system to Texas now, if I only I had the remotest idea about what it’s like. Oh well, Texas sounds like a good place even without a point of reference. 

You do seem like you know your way around taxes. But then I thought the same about a friend and customs and it turned out I should have just gone with my gut and applied for a custom process by the post office instead of trying and failing to do it myself. But this is off topic. So marrying for perks, huh? Pff. You tax digger... 

(that was a joke, just to be sure) 

What I do is cut it back to shoulder length every seven years then struggle for the next three or four to grow it out. Then I enjoy it for two years and get bored and the cycle repeats itself. I haven’t experimented a lot with color, I had a phase when I badly wanted a balayage, but no hair dresser managed to accomplish the task. Whatever highlights I had turned coppery quite fast too as my hair has a red undertone. So now I basically just get it chopped a little to keep it healthy and dye it its original color. 

Tax digger :lmao: you never fail me Rhae. 

You are one spammer I can’t picture in my mind. I always imagined you blonde and very stylish but I think you’re brunette and very stylish. I think I got blonde from all the J law pics. 

 

So I somehow managed to get sciatica. It’s extremely painful. I can barely walk. Not so easy carrying about the wee one but I’m managing. Now that her colic is gone she is so happy and sweet and adorable. She loves her brother so much and just smiles and giggles for him. I have to say, I’m so happy to be a homemaker. I know that’s so out of trend today but I love it. I love spending my time with my little squish and my big squash. 

Edited by Lady Olenna
Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Has anybody here seen/is watching Brooklyn 99?

:leaving:

I have, but not a regular viewer. I do watch that video compilation of Captain Holt insulting Wuntch whenever I it pops up on Youtube or Facebook(when my facebook was active).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ser Areo Mace said:

I have, but not a regular viewer. I do watch that video compilation of Captain Holt insulting Wuntch whenever I it pops up on Youtube or Facebook(when my facebook was active).

Oh wow. I am not that interested in that storyline, actually. I much prefer anything to do with Rosa, she is the best.

But now Maya entered! Maya is in this thing! And she has literally the same role as in CXG! :commie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ser Areo Mace said:

I have, but not a regular viewer. I do watch that video compilation of Captain Holt insulting Wuntch whenever I it pops up on Youtube or Facebook(when my facebook was active).

Ser Areo!!! How are you??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I had a similar problem when I used to go to the hairdresser for highlights. They never got the ash blond I wanted. That's why I decided to learn for myself, and I used a bleach with blue pigments to counteract the brassy/orange undertones that appear when one is bleaching brown hair and removing the pigments. I bleached them to light blond and then just dyed with the desired ashy tone with low volumes of peroxide just for some minutes.

Of course, bleaching and dyeing instead of just dyeing  leads to damaging the hair, but with this bleach, Olaplex and a spray for damaged hair after the shower I managed to maintain it quite healthy. But it's been two years since I don't do a single highlight to my hair.

I did consider the same, but I never had the courage to go rouge and cut and color my own hair. I’m just too scared of screwing up. Then again, I can do my nails, my makeup and my eyebrows better than people at a salon, so the same might apply for the hair too. Still, too much risk. 

Well that’s a lot of trouble to go through at home, so I suppose that’s another argument for keeping on going to the hair salon. I admire your dedication to home coloring.

21 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I

Tax digger :lmao: you never fail me Rhae. 

You are one spammer I can’t picture in my mind. I always imagined you blonde and very stylish but I think you’re brunette and very stylish. I think I got blonde from all the J law pics. 

 

So I somehow managed to get sciatica. It’s extremely painful. I can barely walk. Not so easy carrying about the wee one but I’m managing. Now that her colic is gone she is so happy and sweet and adorable. She loves her brother so much and just smiles and giggles for him. I have to say, I’m so happy to be a homemaker. I know that’s so out of trend today but I love it. I love spending my time with my little squish and my big squash. 

in spite  of the avatars, I have never actually been blond. Yeah, I’m brunette, not sure about very stylish though  :lol: 

Huh, I had to google what sciatica is. My god, this looks painful. I’m really sorry, how did you get this condition? And what can be done about it? Loving being a homemaker and spending time with your kids may be out of trend but it will never be out of style. It’s a Lovely thing and I’m really glad you are lucky to enjoy it! :cheers: to the tiny Os. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I did consider the same, but I never had the courage to go rouge and cut and color my own hair. I’m just too scared of screwing up. Then again, I can do my nails, my makeup and my eyebrows better than people at a salon, so the same might apply for the hair too. Still, too much risk. 

Well that’s a lot of trouble to go through at home, so I suppose that’s another argument for keeping on going to the hair salon. I admire your dedication to home coloring.

Yeah, thanks! Well, in my case, part of it's also due to actually enjoying it, hairdressing. I've also cut and colored other's people's hair (highlights and semi-permanent dyes).

But....everyone commits mistakes. I mean, a good professional hairdresser knows exactly how to lighten the hair (whenever is possible and the difference of shades to lighten is not very big) without actually bleaching the hair. Or, either, dyeing it just when one has bleached it and achieved an orange/yellowish color, just before going too blond. They know which shades to use exactly when it looks this way, and how to counteract undesired undertones.

Since I'm not very good at it (it's not as simple as using the color wheel, one needs a little bit of practice and/or professional training), I always bleach first. That's why when I needed products to take care of the hair. So well, even with that on mind, I committed a huge mistake once, one of the first times I tried experimenting being "a hairdresser".

I wanted to experiment with a metallic dark blond shade for my highlights. So I decided I'd just bleach a strand of hair o try this out. Once bleached, I dyed it but for some reason the result had orange undertones. I thought the shade was kind of ashy, but I had misunderstood the numbers of the reflects completely. 

SO....then, obviously not liking the result, I bleached it again (otherwise I should have used blue dyes and this stuff.) A process which is, obviously, extremely damaging. Then I dyed it with a shade which was pure "light brown" to return to my normal self, which is medium brown. (I might mention that in hairdressing the "real" colors are one or two shades lighter than the average person's perception of that color). What was my surprise when the result was black.  Well, after bleaching twice, one doesn't know anymore with what is she working with.  That's why good hairdressers also take into account the health of the hair when doing their job. I had it this way a couple of days and since it didn't vanish at all, I bleached it again for a third time. Needless to say that my strand became chewing gum in my fingers.

I was thinking of doing my highlights again this summer when I cut my hair, but it's been so long that I fear screwing it up or something. Then again,  I'm cosplaying for a manga con this Fall and my character has black hair so I'm not sure how I'd cover the highlights then. I don't even know if I'll dye my hair black or what. 

With make-up, I used to be good at it, smokey eye's look and this stuff, but now I just use eyeliner or kohls, since I don't remember the tutorials I used to follow.... I've never been good doing my nails, I might occasionally paint them blue or coral once or twice a year, but I'm  very bad at doing them.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ser Areo Mace said:

I am well, how are you?

 Very well :) good to see you here! 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I did consider the same, but I never had the courage to go rouge and cut and color my own hair. I’m just too scared of screwing up. Then again, I can do my nails, my makeup and my eyebrows better than people at a salon, so the same might apply for the hair too. Still, too much risk. 

Well that’s a lot of trouble to go through at home, so I suppose that’s another argument for keeping on going to the hair salon. I admire your dedication to home coloring.

in spite  of the avatars, I have never actually been blond. Yeah, I’m brunette, not sure about very stylish though  :lol: 

Huh, I had to google what sciatica is. My god, this looks painful. I’m really sorry, how did you get this condition? And what can be done about it? Loving being a homemaker and spending time with your kids may be out of trend but it will never be out of style. It’s a Lovely thing and I’m really glad you are lucky to enjoy it! :cheers: to the tiny Os. 

I do not ever mess with blonde at home. I am so overdue for having something done with this mop of hair. 

I have no idea where or why the sciatica happened. I’m thinking residual from pregnancy. But my mom has it and I guess it runs in the family. I’ve been to the chiropractor 3 times this week and it’s helping a lot. So yay! 

 

Im already thinking about Christmas shopping. I kinda dread it but know I need to get on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

 Very well :) good to see you here! 

I do not ever mess with blonde at home. I am so overdue for having something done with this mop of hair. 

I have no idea where or why the sciatica happened. I’m thinking residual from pregnancy. But my mom has it and I guess it runs in the family. I’ve been to the chiropractor 3 times this week and it’s helping a lot. So yay! 

 

Im already thinking about Christmas shopping. I kinda dread it but know I need to get on it. 

In all honesty, I don't like getting my hair done. When I don't try to achieve a change, it feels like a chore, and when I do try to achieve a change, the hair dresser fails at it. oh well. 

I see, being genetically prone to it makes sense I suppose. I'm sorry you have to deal with it, but it's great news that the chiropractor is working. 

And how is Lil O? He is now 7-8ish, right? Or am I entirely wrong? :O Does he enjoy school? 

 

@Meera of Tarth Now that's why I wouldn't try to color my own hair. I can't bear that kind of stress :O All I can manage is the handling of a blow dryer and styling tools. Cutting my hair is something I might experiment with in the future, that's not something I can screw up too badly. 

As for nails, I enjoy doing them a lot, I'm just way too impatient to wait for the color to dry. I should probably invest in a led lamp and a couple gel colors... Though I only get my nails done about once a month, and counting with five basic colors, it'd probably be up to two years for that investment to return. It comes with a learning curve so the beginning would be stressful... Well, there are a lot of cons at this point. 

My makeup life has returned to basics in the past few weeks. I always drop bb cream when the summer heat kicks in and just go with eyebrows, mascara, some concealer and some cheek/lid shading. After my eyelash mishap, I'm out of business for any kind of eye makeup, aside from black liner on one eye to pretend I have a lashline, so I'm now down to concealer, brows and cheek shading. On the upside, this gives me a significant amount of extra snooze time. There's also no point in making an effort while it's tropical in the office and everything would melt off m face anyway. Still, I'm kinda looking forward to going back a little more glamour once my lashes grow back. 

Sorry about the excessive ramble about my beauty routine people, tell me if it's too off topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

In all honesty, I don't like getting my hair done. When I don't try to achieve a change, it feels like a chore, and when I do try to achieve a change, the hair dresser fails at it. oh well. 

I see, being genetically prone to it makes sense I suppose. I'm sorry you have to deal with it, but it's great news that the chiropractor is working. 

And how is Lil O? He is now 7-8ish, right? Or am I entirely wrong? :O Does he enjoy school? 

 

@Meera of Tarth Now that's why I wouldn't try to color my own hair. I can't bear that kind of stress :O All I can manage is the handling of a blow dryer and styling tools. Cutting my hair is something I might experiment with in the future, that's not something I can screw up too badly. 

As for nails, I enjoy doing them a lot, I'm just way too impatient to wait for the color to dry. I should probably invest in a led lamp and a couple gel colors... Though I only get my nails done about once a month, and counting with five basic colors, it'd probably be up to two years for that investment to return. It comes with a learning curve so the beginning would be stressful... Well, there are a lot of cons at this point. 

My makeup life has returned to basics in the past few weeks. I always drop bb cream when the summer heat kicks in and just go with eyebrows, mascara, some concealer and some cheek/lid shading. After my eyelash mishap, I'm out of business for any kind of eye makeup, aside from black liner on one eye to pretend I have a lashline, so I'm now down to concealer, brows and cheek shading. On the upside, this gives me a significant amount of extra snooze time. There's also no point in making an effort while it's tropical in the office and everything would melt off m face anyway. Still, I'm kinda looking forward to going back a little more glamour once my lashes grow back. 

Sorry about the excessive ramble about my beauty routine people, tell me if it's too off topic.  

It’s your sexy getting ready song. Sexy getting ready song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s your sexy getting ready song. Sexy getting ready song.

:lol: It's been too long since we got a CXG song reference indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

@Meera of Tarth Now that's why I wouldn't try to color my own hair. I can't bear that kind of stress :O All I can manage is the handling of a blow dryer and styling tools. Cutting my hair is something I might experiment with in the future, that's not something I can screw up too badly. 

As for nails, I enjoy doing them a lot, I'm just way too impatient to wait for the color to dry. I should probably invest in a led lamp and a couple gel colors... Though I only get my nails done about once a month, and counting with five basic colors, it'd probably be up to two years for that investment to return. It comes with a learning curve so the beginning would be stressful... Well, there are a lot of cons at this point. 

I see. Well, if you think it's worth it, go for it! As long as it's something you like it, and helps learning more while enjoying it, it'd not be a bad idea, I think. Any decision would be good, though. The equipment is expensive, so well, if you don't want to invest to it now, that doens't mean you can't continue learning other things on your own :)

But I'm impressed at how you manage to do your nails. I've never been a big fan of it, but maybe it's because I am just too bad, or, either, that I'd not be able to maitain the result for so long, since I get bored easily and I like my nails to be short and simple. But I also see some people manage doing little drawings on them, that's something I find cool and would not mind having on some occasion, and it's very very difficult to do well.

Quote

My makeup life has returned to basics in the past few weeks. I always drop bb cream when the summer heat kicks in and just go with eyebrows, mascara, some concealer and some cheek/lid shading. After my eyelash mishap, I'm out of business for any kind of eye makeup, aside from black liner on one eye to pretend I have a lashline, so I'm now down to concealer, brows and cheek shading. On the upside, this gives me a significant amount of extra snooze time. There's also no point in making an effort while it's tropical in the office and everything would melt off m face anyway. Still, I'm kinda looking forward to going back a little more glamour once my lashes grow back. 

Sorry about the excessive ramble about my beauty routine people, tell me if it's too off topic. 

Yes, me too in the past years, and in summer even more. Well, I for one I'm a person who doesn't wear make up on during the day. I mean, the most I do is using BB cream but only if I go out, not an a daily basis. If I have to put something on my face during the day it's sun protection.

I never have to do my eyebrows either because they are naturally dark, but I do love doing  my eyes, especially for going out.

On a daily basis I do nothing at all of makeup, only from time to time a subtle transparent mascara and maybe a very thin eye line and that's all during the day. Or either, from time to time just use an almost imperceptive lipstick.

So when going out I used to spend a lot of time with my eyes. Eyeshadows, eye liner, sometimes even very elaborated looks playing with everything I had, XD. The difference is that I've stop using eyeshadows, so now I just go with eyeliners of different colors,concealer, some mascara and the BB cream. 

 

Never used eyelashes' curlers nor used fake eyelashes, although I was wondering if to use them for my anime cosplay...

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I see. Well, if you think it's worth it, go for it! As long as it's something you like it, and helps learning more while enjoying it, it'd not be a bad idea, I think. Any decision would be good, though. The equipment is expensive, so well, if you don't want to invest to it now, that doens't mean you can't continue learning other things on your own :)

But I'm impressed at how you manage to do your nails. I've never been a big fan of it, but maybe it's because I am just too bad, or, either, that I'd not be able to maitain the result for so long, since I get bored easily and I like my nails to be short and simple. But I also see some people manage doing little drawings on them, that's something I find cool and would not mind having on some occasion, and it's very very difficult to do well.

Yes, me too in the past years, and in summer even more. Well, I for one I'm a person who doesn't wear make up on during the day. I mean, the most I do is using BB cream but only if I go out, not an a daily basis. If I have to put something on my face during the day it's sun protection.

I never have to do my eyebrows either because they are naturally dark, but I do love doing  my eyes, especially for going out.

On a daily basis I do nothing at all of makeup, only from time to time a subtle transparent mascara and maybe a very thin eye line and that's all during the day. Or either, from time to time just use an almost imperceptive lipstick.

So when going out I used to spend a lot of time with my eyes. Eyeshadows, eye liner, sometimes even very elaborated looks playing with everything I had, XD. The difference is that I've stop using eyeshadows, so now I just go with eyeliners of different colors,concealer, some mascara and the BB cream. 

 

Never used eyelashes' curlers nor used fake eyelashes, although I was wondering if to use them for my anime cosplay...

With limited amount of free time, gel nails isn't something I would want to spend time on learning. There are more useful/interesting/fun things to learn if I have the time. 

Drawings? No. I don't do drawings. My nails have to be short and one solid color, either a nude shade or dark reds or purples. 

My brows are black, but not very full or shapely, so they need a litte attention if I'm going to leave the house. Lipstick is something I almost never wear. It's just for some some fancier nights out or actual formal events, otherwise I can't tolerate anything other than lip balm. And yeah, I agree that complex eye looks for special occassions are fun. 

Well... eyelash curlers do make your lashes look great but then... on the one time out of 10000 when they tear your lashes out.... let's just say I won't be returning to them for a while. As for fake lashes, I think I had them once, not sure what occassion it was. Not something that's worth the money, the time or the effort, imo. And they can also look painfully fake. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×