TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

Hello people, how are we all doing? 

I didn’t go to the office this week. Which doesn’t mean I didn’t work though, is it a joy to sit in conf calls while you’re blowing your nose or what? Not loving the sick leave policy of this company. In any case, I’m fine now, I’m waiting for the gate to be announced to board my plane. Kinda hoping I’ll be fine over the weekend, I’m still not 100% health wise, but I’ve plane tickets and theatre tickets and all kinda stuff booked, so I wasn’t going to postpone this trip (again - I have already done so once in November). And if I didn’t fly out, I would have to work and I’m really fed up with work these days. 

What’s new with you all? 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hello people, how are we all doing? 

I didn’t go to the office this week. Which doesn’t mean I didn’t work though, is it a joy to sit in conf calls while you’re blowing your nose or what? Not loving the sick leave policy of this company. In any case, I’m fine now, I’m waiting for the gate to be announced to board my plane. Kinda hoping I’ll be fine over the weekend, I’m still not 100% health wise, but I’ve plane tickets and theatre tickets and all kinda stuff booked, so I wasn’t going to postpone this trip (again - I have already done so once in November). And if I didn’t fly out, I would have to work and I’m really fed up with work these days. 

What’s new with you all? 

I don't have much to say, I'm gonna visit a friend who just had a baby and tomorrow I'm going to the cinema to watch a film I've long wanted to see since......well months, The Favourite, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Might be a little bit lost here but where are you going? :o:o

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't have much to say, I'm gonna visit a friend who just had a baby and tomorrow I'm going to the cinema to watch a film I've long wanted to see since......well months, The Favourite, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Might be a little bit lost here but where are you going? :o:o

Oh that’s nice! Have a great time with your friend and the new baby and I hope the movie doesn’t disappoint indeed. I’ll be curious to check it out myself, I love Olivia Colman’s acting. 

I’m visiting my friend who moved to London. 

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh that’s nice! Have a great time with your friend and the new baby and I hope the movie doesn’t disappoint indeed. I’ll be curious to check it out myself, I love Olivia Colman’s acting. 

I’m visiting my friend who moved to London. 

Thanks, I had a great time. Tomorrow, well f the movie is good I will make sure it is known :P
London, ah yeah now I remember! Sounds great.

I'm also saving money so as to leave this country for a few days, maybe make a little trip this year. I'd like to go to Hungary or Finland. 

43 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Thanks, I had a great time. Tomorrow, well f the movie is good I will make sure it is known :P
London, ah yeah now I remember! Sounds great.

I'm also saving money so as to leave this country for a few days, maybe make a little trip this year. I'd like to go to Hungary or Finland. 

Can’t wait to hear about your experience. I might check out the movie next weekend myself. Not sure if it’s out at my place. Or maybe I’ll talk the guys into seeing it here this weekend. 

If you choose the first, do hit me up in PM :thumbsup: 

my next trip will be sometime in summer, I suppose. And I really want to go back to Russia in the autumn. We’ll see how it goes. 

Sorry about all the assignment stress. Is this standard or is it related to the exam period? 

No, I didn’t plan to, I’m only here for a very short time (two days) and we’re jampacked with plans. I’ll try to stay for a whole week next time so I’ll have a chance to meet some board members if it can be arranged. We’re already making plans for a second trip anyway. 

On 1/25/2019 at 1:06 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

My lovely lady songstresses :wub:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/florence-and-the-machine-new-songs-moderation-haunted-house-783987/amp/

my various exams and assessments are over today. Mixed bag. Today's was particularly awful though but at least it's over now :)

Ooooo :D, this year is shaping up to be a very good one musically already!.

Try her:

I’ve always really liked her voice, both in New Pharos and Sohodolls.

There is a rumour John Frusciante is doing a new album this year :commie:  this is an event I can’t possibly get any more exited about.

22 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Can’t wait to hear about your experience. I might check out the movie next weekend myself. Not sure if it’s out at my place. Or maybe I’ll talk the guys into seeing it here this weekend. 

Just watched it!

Okay.....I will say I like it. It's like a "soap opera" in the court, seeing the people behaving in their intimacy, the struggle for power, the fine lines between this and selfishness and friendship.... The tone is dark comedy.

Although, as u might know, it's an unconventional movie. Elders around me ended up saying: "And that's all?" "How boring", etc

I must say that I was waiting for something else after the last scene, XD. But now I just think it's a tied end.

If you choose the first, do hit me up in PM :thumbsup: 

my next trip will be sometime in summer, I suppose. And I really want to go back to Russia in the autumn. We’ll see how it goes. 

Of course! Are you from there? Actually, Hungary is in theory our first preference!

How lucky, two trips more! Never been to Russia.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My lovely lady songstresses :wub:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/florence-and-the-machine-new-songs-moderation-haunted-house-783987/amp/

my various exams and assessments are over today. Mixed bag. Today's was particularly awful though but at least it's over now :)

Love them so much!

Well, now at least I got a pass at that project and subjcet. So well, at least even with all those unfairness, was finally not failed due to..not being our fault.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Just watched it!

Okay.....I will say I like it. It's like a "soap opera" in the court, seeing the people behaving in their intimacy, the struggle for power, the fine lines between this and selfishness and friendship.... The tone is dark comedy.

Although, as u might know, it's an unconventional movie. Elders around me ended up saying: "And that's all?" "How boring", etc

I must say that I was waiting for something else after the last scene, XD. But now I just think it's a tied end.

Of course! Are you from there? Actually, Hungary is in theory our first preference!

How lucky, two trips more! Never been to Russia.

Love them so much!

Well, now at least I got a pass at that project and subjcet. So well, at least even with all those unfairness, was finally not failed due to..not being our fault.

Hmm, interesting. I suppose I’ll still tune in for this movie. Maybe not in the cinema but online when it’s available. 

Yeah, so do hit me up if you ever visit :) 

Russia is very underrated as a travel destination because of politics. It’s sad, really, it’s a stunning place with amazing food and very kind, friendly people. I recommend everybody to visit there if they get the chance. 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hmm, interesting. I suppose I’ll still tune in for this movie. Maybe not in the cinema but online when it’s available. 

Yeah, so do hit me up if you ever visit :) 

Russia is very underrated as a travel destination because of politics. It’s sad, really, it’s a stunning place with amazing food and very kind, friendly people. I recommend everybody to visit there if they get the chance. 

I really agree with this it’s an amazing place, I’ve been quite a few times as my gfs family live there, the people are very friendly, although I wouldn’t show any affection or hold her hand in public, which is something I don’t even think to be wary of here.

Arrrgh! One of the local multiplexes was demolished due to earthquake damage a couple of years ago, and is only just starting the long rebuild process now. The other one has just closed because it doesn't meet earthquake safety standards, and there's no information on when it's likely to reopen. That leaves quite limited options for seeing movies :angry:

Archived