TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Listened in on three high school classes today ... gods, teenages can be the worst. I learned just what a difference the teacher's personality and the way how they act make. One teacher acts like a military commander. Result: discipline. The other tries to be nice. Result: chaos in the classroom. What is the better approach?

Teenagers can be beasts at times - not their fault exactly. The brain is rearranging itself at that age.

Funny, when I think back to my high school years I don't remember many discipline issues. we had some rough kids but they were mainly an issue in the halls and bathrooms - and sometimes the gym.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

is this real??

The bikes there?, yeah there’s real ones like that but I’m not sure if that is some CGI at work with that pic :P.

maxresdefault.jpg

There is one at a show, I’d have loved a Ducati I only got as far as a Yamaha before I gave up because I want to do all I can to be around for mini Sith for many years to come!.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is tttne, this is what we do :lol: when will you start teaching classes too? 

I am only going to have four classes this time round, just enough to try it out really. In the first week of March.

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Teenagers can be beasts at times - not their fault exactly. The brain is rearranging itself at that age.

I don't remember that either ... but maybe I remember it differently.

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

The bikes there?, yeah there’s real ones like that but I’m not sure if that is some CGI at work with that pic :P.

maxresdefault.jpg

There is one at a show, I’d have loved a Ducati I only got as far as a Yamaha before I gave up because I want to do all I can to be around for mini Sith for many years to come!.

A little bit maybe!

Arm is not sore at all. Great.

Already taught a lesson of motivated, engaged adults who think what we did today was useful and even asked many additional questions. That is good. Later going to listen in on three classes of bratty youngsters, who are probably going to be loud, unmotivated and trying to stall the lesson using stupid excuses.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Who is terrible at bowling and will wake up with a sore arm tomorrow? Me me me me me!

But it was quite a lot of fun.

Me too. 

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

things don't move around here the way they used to, do they?

Will there be a floob after season 8 of GOT or will it take TWOW to be published for that to happen?

Naaaaaah. We expect that every time and it doesn’t happen. We are just the last of spammers. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Arm is not sore at all. Great.

Already taught a lesson of motivated, engaged adults who think what we did today was useful and even asked many additional questions. That is good. Later going to listen in on three classes of bratty youngsters, who are probably going to be loud, unmotivated and trying to stall the lesson using stupid excuses.

The joys of teenagers.... good luck! 

Well well, I’ve had quite the morning. The plumber arrived around 9.20, he’s still here. I’m inclined to pay him extra though the regular price is high enough as it is. But I mean, this is a very nice and very old person and he had no idea what he signed up for and he even headbutted the corner of my sink by accident... so yeah, I guess I’ll pay him extra. These are very socially awkward situations. I mean I would totally not pay extra to a 30 year old plumber but here I am feeling shit for putting the elderly plumber through having to do his job, serving him coffee and willing to pay extra for his trouble. What is the done thing? I need a repairman compensation etiquette book. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The joys of teenagers.... good luck! 

Turns out that the 9-10 year-olds were really eager to participate, at least most of them. That was kind of fun to observe.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well well, I’ve had quite the morning. The plumber arrived around 9.20, he’s still here. I’m inclined to pay him extra though the regular price is high enough as it is. But I mean, this is a very nice and very old person and he had no idea what he signed up for and he even headbutted the corner of my sink by accident... so yeah, I guess I’ll pay him extra. These are very socially awkward situations. I mean I would totally not pay extra to a 30 year old plumber but here I am feeling shit for putting the elderly plumber through having to do his job, serving him coffee and willing to pay extra for his trouble. What is the done thing? I need a repairman compensation etiquette book. 

Not to the 30 year old one? What if he were very good-looking? :leer:

10 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I have returned in time for the race, I see.

It is always nice to see you here. How is life?

40 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Turns out that the 9-10 year-olds were really eager to participate, at least most of them. That was kind of fun to observe.

Not to the 30 year old one? What if he were very good-looking? :leer:

It is always nice to see you here. How is life?

I would think they are. Kids become awful around 14-15ish, in my experience. Essentially when they are no longer kids, but still too immature to be adults. 

That'd be very inappropriate. As well as unfounded, really, I'd fully expect a young and strong plumber to deal with whatever challenges the job has. 

52 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Race? What's a race? Never heard of this thing. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Helllo!!

What a start of week I had....I'm doing a subject related to advanced Electronics, and I suck at it. So everyone that has already done this subject told me to go to a certain professor but now he has switched classes with another :(

that means I now have to attend  two groups because I went to both classes and the difference is quite high, meaning I have loooooooots of hour in between this and another subject to do nothing, or well, to study I guess?. There is a 5% mark for doing some tests at the lecture classes, so I can't skip going to my group.

Damn...

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I would think they are. Kids become awful around 14-15ish, in my experience. Essentially when they are no longer kids, but still too immature to be adults.

The worst experience I had as a child/teen was around 13-14, so these are really the ones I fear the most TBH. Aaaaaand of course this is also the lecture that I have to hold that I will be graded most harshly for. *shudders*

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The worst experience I had as a child/teen was around 13-14, so these are really the ones I fear the most TBH. Aaaaaand of course this is also the lecture that I have to hold that I will be graded most harshly for. *shudders*

Yes, I remember being an insufferable person at the age of 13. 

Good luck! You’ll do well, I’m sure! 

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Helllo!!

What a start of week I had....I'm doing a subject related to advanced Electronics, and I suck at it. So everyone that has already done this subject told me to go to a certain professor but now he has switched classes with another :(

that means I now have to attend  two groups because I went to both classes and the difference is quite high, meaning I have loooooooots of hour in between this and another subject to do nothing, or well, to study I guess?. There is a 5% mark for doing some tests at the lecture classes, so I can't skip going to my group.

Damn...

Oh no, this sounds very annoying.... I remember these free periods. We used to try to schedule group work when this happened or went shopping or having a coffee. and I also went home a lot because I lived in a 30-minute commute from uni. 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She'd be more likely to offer him a guided tour of her bedroom than money I expect :leer:.

Not on the first appointment. :smug: 

Seriously though, handymen are so not my trigger. 

Archived