TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Nothing. This narrow hallway has closet doors on both sides, right? I think it would be way too annoying always having to move it left amd right while opening closets on either side. If you want to have an empty shelf to put freshly cleaned and ironed stuff on (I understand that desire!), then my advice would be to clear out one of the shelves in the wardrobes and keep it empty for that purpose.

But then again, I would also choose a completely different carpet, so my opinion is moot.

Nothing, that space needs to be left empty for the room to breathe. If anything, then the fikusz, but I don't know how your plantkeeping capabilities are. I can only say I have some plants directly over the heating and it does not seem to bother them.

What about a full-length mirror? But I see that you have plenty of these in the wardrobe area, so you probably don't need another. This was just my first idea as somebody whose home does not have any full-length mirror at all and is missing one (if I want to see myself whole, I have to climb on the edge of the bathtub).

So I would say maybe just a painting? Idk. I don't have a smartass useless opinion on a table or no table here.

But we already know my taste in literally everything is completely different to yours, so all my opinions here are useless. I generally like clocks everywhere, however, the one you linked terrifies my sense of aesthetics.

/useless post

That was also one of my thoughts, but because I like mirrors a lot.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m sorry, not sleeping is awful. :/ 

oh I did. The response was understanding and empathetic but entirely unhelpful. Basically I was told to call the police on them because nobody can do nothing about what these students do on the street outside uni premises. They also told me that this has been an issue since 1983. I find it impossible to understand why these institutions hadn’t been moved to the outskirtsyet , like every other college dorm is. There the students can act like wild animals without disturbing other people... 

Ufff....ok, so then only thing to do is to call the police? Well, I'd probably do that if they tell them to stop because people are trying to sleep. But....it doesn't go to the root of the problem...

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m weighing in on the furniture discussion and backing option A.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Nothing. This narrow hallway has closet doors on both sides, right? I think it would be way too annoying always having to move it left amd right while opening closets on either side. If you want to have an empty shelf to put freshly cleaned and ironed stuff on (I understand that desire!), then my advice would be to clear out one of the shelves in the wardrobes and keep it empty for that purpose.

But then again, I would also choose a completely different carpet, so my opinion is moot.

Nothing, that space needs to be left empty for the room to breathe. If anything, then the fikusz, but I don't know how your plantkeeping capabilities are. I can only say I have some plants directly over the heating and it does not seem to bother them.

What about a full-length mirror? But I see that you have plenty of these in the wardrobe area, so you probably don't need another. This was just my first idea as somebody whose home does not have any full-length mirror at all and is missing one (if I want to see myself whole, I have to climb on the edge of the bathtub).

So I would say maybe just a painting? Idk. I don't have a smartass useless opinion on a table or no table here.

But we already know my taste in literally everything is completely different to yours, so all my opinions here are useless. I generally like clocks everywhere, however, the one you linked terrifies my sense of aesthetics.

/useless post

:lol: It was useful, actually, and entertaining as well :D 

Yes, it has closet doors on both sides, but the left side is a hanger closet with sliding doors and I open the closet in the fare end about four-five times a year. Thus, the place of any seat would be the far left corner (I have off-season clothing and luggage in the hanging closet part and off-season shoes, clothes for donation and the water boiler). What you suggest is what I'm kinda doing now but it's uncomfortable and creates mess. 

I hate carpets, all I have in the house are fluffy throw rugs. 

Yes, this is why your input was very valuable. I do have a tendency to go overboard with accent furniture because it's pretty, eeven when I should just let a space be. I will do exactly that now. (My plant skills too great and this option is also budget friendly) 

I have a shitton of full-length mirrors, I wouldn't go for that. As for art, I have/will have pictures on both sides of this little piece of wall, and across it as well. Wouldn't do more of that either. 
I think I'll either do half-circle table + rectangle mirror OR a rectangle table + clock. 

:lol: The black clock is a little harsh and industrial for my taste too, I would certainly paint the middle part gold. As for the cubic clock, I don't really like the fact that it's rectangle, it's just similar to another clock I have. 

Thank you very much for your not-useless post.

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Ufff....ok, so then only thing to do is to call the police? Well, I'd probably do that if they tell them to stop because people are trying to sleep. But....it doesn't go to the root of the problem...

Well, I'll do that definitely, to make a statement and underline the message, but you're quite right, it's hardly the a longterm or sustainable solution that fixes the core issue. 

OMG what an amazing fiancée I have :D, I got her a card, I put a lovely message in it with her favourite flowers and I got her some chocolates too, what did I get this morning? NOTHING!.

I’ve now found out that she has secretly arranged for mini Sith to be looked after by my gran tonight, secretly arranged a lovely dinner out at a nice restaurant up in London and afterwards a room in a really nice hotel for the night!:commie:.

Right now I’m feeling like I’m the luckiest girl in the world as well as the worst girlfriend at the same time!.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: It was useful, actually, and entertaining as well :D 

*bows*

Just let us see the results after you have decided on everything! :)

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

OMG what an amazing fiancée I have :D, I got her a card, I put a lovely message in it with her favourite flowers and I got her some chocolates too, what did I get this morning? NOTHING!.

I very much did not imagine you as somebody who buys people flowers.

Happy whatever day, spammers.

In other news, I am starting my teaching placement thingy tomorrow very early in the morning. I pity those kids, they have to get up so early every day. :lol: I forgot how that was, since I mostly work in the afternoons. Anyway, I am going to listen on in two classes tomorrow, one with approximately 12-year-olds and one with approximately 10-year-olds. That should be ... not boring at least, I guess? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

In other news, I am starting my teaching placement thingy tomorrow very early in the morning. I pity those kids, they have to get up so early every day. :lol: I forgot how that was, since I mostly work in the afternoons. Anyway, I am going to listen on in two classes tomorrow, one with approximately 12-year-olds and one with approximately 10-year-olds. That should be ... not boring at least, I guess? :wacko:

You can't get bored with the energy of  kids of such age....!

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

*bows*

Just let us see the results after you have decided on everything! :)

I very much did not imagine you as somebody who buys people flowers.

Happy whatever day, spammers.

Why would I not buy someone I care about flowers that she likes?, it makes her happy, and even more shockingly I like it when people get me flowers too :P.

We had an amazing evening last night, dinner was great and the hotel was amazing, it was nice to have a good nights sleep, as well as :leer:.

Im feeling happy and refreshed and really sure getting married in the summer is the right thing to do!.

Of course we both missed mini Sith too, were back home now :D.

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hope it goes well for you, Buck. Have you had any other teaching experience?

Hello people! 

@Buckwheat that sounds challenging, good luck with the teaching! 

@Bittersweet Distractor sounds like a great night you guys had! I'm glad you got away from the baby and had some time to yourselves. 

I spent yesterday watching The White Queen which is a terrible show and then I finally had a good 7 hours of sleep. I'm still tired and I have a nasty headache, I suppose the weather will be getting warmer. 

46 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Hope it goes well for you, Buck. Have you had any other teaching experience?

Yes, that is what I do. :P But mostly with adults. Children are completely different. SO LOUD. Now I am home and in the middle of writing reports about those two classes.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hello people! 

@Buckwheat that sounds challenging, good luck with the teaching! 

@Bittersweet Distractor sounds like a great night you guys had! I'm glad you got away from the baby and had some time to yourselves. 

I spent yesterday watching The White Queen which is a terrible show and then I finally had a good 7 hours of sleep. I'm still tired and I have a nasty headache, I suppose the weather will be getting warmer. 

Thanks!, we had a great night just what we both needed.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, that is what I do. :P But mostly with adults. Children are completely different. SO LOUD. Now I am home and in the middle of writing reports about those two classes.

All this teaching kids is great preparation for you to babysit mini Sith!.

I slept quite well but I still have a headache. But why wouldn’t I when it’s basically spring here. 12C and sunshine. Of course I was stupid enough to take a winter coat with me and I even missed the train. So I opted for taking the coach instead of waiting for the next train. The duration of the journey may be longer but the coach station is far more civilized than the train station. 

Of course I still struggled for ten minutes to find a semi-interesting magazine for the journey. Do you people read magazines? I know I loved all the junk like glamour and cosmo in high school but I can’t even look at the cover anymore. Cinema magazines don’t feature anything interesting and I already know more info from the internet than they provide. BBC History’s topic was too modern and too boring for my taste, cooking magazines I don’t know what to do with themselves when there isn’t a holiday. Same goes for interior design magazines. Nat Geo and the others deal with Silicon Valley and other stuff I don’t care about and what’s left is sports, men’s magazines and kid’s magazines.  In the end, I got some Economist special edition about the world in 2019. One page in and I’m already depressed. Oh well. /ramble 

40 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I slept quite well but I still have a headache. But why wouldn’t I when it’s basically spring here. 12C and sunshine. Of course I was stupid enough to take a winter coat with me and I even missed the train. So I opted for taking the coach instead of waiting for the next train. The duration of the journey may be longer but the coach station is far more civilized than the train station. 

Of course I still struggled for ten minutes to find a semi-interesting magazine for the journey. Do you people read magazines? I know I loved all the junk like glamour and cosmo in high school but I can’t even look at the cover anymore. Cinema magazines don’t feature anything interesting and I already know more info from the internet than they provide. BBC History’s topic was too modern and too boring for my taste, cooking magazines I don’t know what to do with themselves when there isn’t a holiday. Same goes for interior design magazines. Nat Geo and the others deal with Silicon Valley and other stuff I don’t care about and what’s left is sports, men’s magazines and kid’s magazines.  In the end, I got some Economist special edition about the world in 2019. One page in and I’m already depressed. Oh well. /ramble 

I still sometimes buy Cosmo if I see something on the front that catches my eye, mostly if I have a train journey I just bring my kindle, or I put my headphones in and listen to music, stare out of the window and get lost in my own thoughts :D.

I hope your headache gets better soon!, listen to that song I linked it’s soothing awesomeness.

It is very spring like here too.

I was invited to go to a board games night by a friend from uni, but now she says everybody cancelled, so boo.

On the bright side, I have already managed to get some assignments done (well, to be fair, it was something that I should have finished by last Monday) and handed in my pictionary drawing, so ... I suppose I have a lot of free time in the afternoon. I should go out to enjoy the weather or something. But the countryside around here is so boring.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I still sometimes buy Cosmo if I see something on the front that catches my eye, mostly if I have a train journey I just bring my kindle, or I put my headphones in and listen to music, stare out of the window and get lost in my own thoughts :D.

I hope your headache gets better soon!, listen to that song I linked it’s soothing awesomeness.

I do that a lot too, but now I felt like doing some reading. Which I didn’t end up doing after all because the Economist’s 2019 predictions are plainly depressing. Who needs that on a sunny Saturday? 

It’s better actually, but will listen to the song for stress relief purposes though. I don’t know why I waste my weekend away by visiting home. 

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

It is very spring like here too.

I was invited to go to a board games night by a friend from uni, but now she says everybody cancelled, so boo.

On the bright side, I have already managed to get some assignments done (well, to be fair, it was something that I should have finished by last Monday) and handed in my pictionary drawing, so ... I suppose I have a lot of free time in the afternoon. I should go out to enjoy the weather or something. But the countryside around here is so boring.

Oh, bummer. Hope the board game night will be rescheduled. 

That’s really nice though! Free time is always great and the countryside is quite this time around. I might go for a walk with the dogs too, they are the only delightful company here anyway.... 

Archived