TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

On 9/24/2018 at 12:38 AM, Buckwheat said:

I thought it was going to be a creepy picture, but that is actually sweet. ;) Thank you.

Happy start of the week, spammers. It is raining cats and dogs here. <_<

well i am known for the creepy weird pics this is true...but for you beloved queen nothing but sweetness...

:D

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Awwwwwwwww :wub:

She keeps saying it now because I’ve been encouraging her, it’s awesome :wub:.

I really love the weather today so we’re going to go for a walk by the river and feed the ducks, and swans and maybe the odd pigeon too, it’s nice and sunny but not too hot.

19 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I cried today, happy,happy tears, after weeks of saying it lots to her, mini Sith said mama :wub::wub::wub::wub:.

Rhae you’re right to check your accounts carefully, I’m glad you worked it all out, make sure you pay back your credit card right away so you don’t get charged interest.

Oh my gaaaaaaaawd!!!!! :commie: this must be a beautiful moment. 

Yeah, I’ll be sure to double check the terminal before I enter my pin code from now on. No threat of interest, it was actually a debit card, I just made a mistake on the vocab. 

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This happened at work before (a customer was charged £270 instead of £27 for their meal). Glad you caught the error!

My account is £2500 lighter today, no error sadly. Damn tuition fees!

Awwwwwwwww :wub:

The funny thing is it wasn’t an extra zero I got, it was an extra digit 3 - I assume the cashier’s finger slipped on the buttons when she pushed 2 and accidentally added a 3 in the middle of the number. So weird. 

Oh yeah... tuition fees were a pain to pay though they are significantly lower here. (If one even has one, which the majority of students doesn’t). 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, I’ll be sure to double check the terminal before I enter my pin code from now on. No threat of interest, it was actually a debit card, I just made a mistake on the vocab. 

The funny thing is it wasn’t an extra zero I got, it was an extra digit 3 - I assume the cashier’s finger slipped on the buttons when she pushed 2 and accidentally added a 3 in the middle of the number. So weird. 

Oh yeah... tuition fees were a pain to pay though they are significantly lower here. (If one even has one, which the majority of students doesn’t). 

It’s a worryingly easy mistake to make on those manual card machines, all it takes is a slip of the finger.it’s why I always try and check the amount myself and then make sure to say “check the amount and enter your PIN.” The ones which link to the till are far better as it’s not going to fall to human error to make a mistake.

They were easy enough to pay actually. Too easy really, one shouldn’t be able to spend £2500 so simply :lol:

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah... tuition fees were a pain to pay though they are significantly lower here. (If one even has one, which the majority of students doesn’t)

I hate them...the masters are more expensive than the bachelors and I noticed the difference (from a European perspective that is).

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

It was and is amazing,she keeps doing it now though because she can see how excited we both get :D.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s a worryingly easy mistake to make on those manual card machines, all it takes is a slip of the finger.it’s why I always try and check the amount myself and then make sure to say “check the amount and enter your PIN.” The ones which link to the till are far better as it’s not going to fall to human error to make a mistake.

They were easy enough to pay actually. Too easy really, one shouldn’t be able to spend £2500 so simply :lol:

I was playing around with the configuror for a new laptop last night and was shocked when it came in at £3600!. Yes I can afford it, but I have to be honest I did balk a bit, and under advice from a friend decided to wait for the rumoured new models early next year before committing to spend that kind of money on a computer.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I hate them...the masters are more expensive than the bachelors and I noticed the difference (from a European perspective that is).

It was the same here though I didn’t pay for my bachelor. Certain majors also cost significantly more than others. Self-funded med school costs five times a business master (which is considered to be on the pricier side) 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah, I must learn to pay a lot more attention to checking the amount. 

Well, unless it’s a vacation or something more fun than a semester at school. 

I did not pay anything neither for BA nor for my MA program. I am not paying out of pocket for the PhD program either.

However, I am paying for the additional program that I am doing (the one that might actually make me qualified to find a job - go figure).

Giving a speech on a conference today. Nervous!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I did not pay anything neither for BA nor for my MA program. I am not paying out of pocket for the PhD program either.

However, I am paying for the additional program that I am doing (the one that might actually make me qualified to find a job - go figure).

Giving a speech on a conference today. Nervous!

:oooooooooooooooo Good luck! You'll slay that conference! :commie:

Happy weekend everyone :), I am having a mixed start to it, on one hand I’m really, really tired, on the other, the garage where I’m buying my new car called today and told me it would be ready a week early if I want to get it, so I could have it a week on Monday if I wanted :commie:.

17 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And I got another class cancelled....

or better said, we got just a few minutes of class because the professor thought the class started later....

:dunno:

That is uni for you.

Thanks all. :D

Yesterday we had the book presentation, I had to sit and be interviewed for the first time in my life, I was veeery nervous. But it went well, the audience said we all made a good impression.

Today will be another long day, have to drive over to another city to attend a boring class, and then in the evening a friend and I are going to be in another book presentation - this time it is us interviewing the author we translated. Lets see how that goes.

Archived