TTTNE 474 - The Thread That Never Dies But Rises Stronger

RhaenysBee

On 9/25/2018 at 9:16 AM, Lord Sidious said:

I cried today, happy,happy tears, after weeks of saying it lots to her, mini Sith said mama :wub::wub::wub::wub:.

Rhae you’re right to check your accounts carefully, I’m glad you worked it all out, make sure you pay back your credit card right away so you don’t get charged interest.

Awwww. That’s so sweet! 

Bucky - congrats on your success!! That is so awesome! 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks, Lady O.

I am so exhausted, it was a stressful few days. Now a night of rest, and then in the next week, many new courses start that I have to be prepared for, sooo ... it is going to be so busy few months. :read:

Good luck with the coming term. If we don't see you around much, we'll know why. ;)

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Little late but congrats buck! :) you’re my smart lil’ cookie

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Awesome Buck, congrats! :cheers: 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah, well done Buckleberry :D, May it be the first of many times you are published!.

:love: You people make me feel so appreciated.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No acknowledgement of the CXG reference?!

Of course I understood it and appreciated it, I am not an animal! Just could not think of a good reference-filled comeback.

New season is coming soon, did you realise that?

cast-o-phobia is in full swing! I'm currently taking nomination submissions (via pm) for a new Yara Greyjoy.

Am open to suggestions for future characters to recast. We're going ten rounds with only three spoken for so far.

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

cast-o-phobia is in full swing! I'm currently taking nomination submissions (via pm) for a new Yara Greyjoy.

Am open to suggestions for future characters to recast. We're going ten rounds with only three spoken for so far.

Asha. Her name is Asha Greyjoy.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

In other news (CXG spoilers!):

:commie::commie::commie:

Is it time to reanimate the thread in Entertainment?

Okay, I'm curious. How many seasons does the series have? Maybe I could give it a chance. You all had lots of passion defending it, so it must be good!

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

In other news (CXG spoilers!):

:commie::commie::commie:

Is it time to reanimate the thread in Entertainment?

Came here to post that! Been super busy being a student so missed it yesterday. Exciting!

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Okay, I'm curious. How many seasons does the series have? Maybe I could give it a chance. You all had lots of passion defending it, so it must be good!

This is the fourth and final seasons. The episodes aren’t long, clocking in at around 35-40 minutes each. Quality is pretty consistent throughout, as is the style, humour, tone etc. so you will know whether it’s the kind of show you can enjoy pretty quickly. I mean I love it, obviously, but I can at least see how it doesn’t appeal to everyone. 

For a quick...taster, I guess, you could listen to some of the musical numbers (generally there are 2-3 per episode) on YouTube, but be careful because many of them will reveal plot points so act as spoilers

Still love my course. Over the last two days, I did a case analysis on a personal injury claim, completed a claims form and particulars of claim for a contract dispute, did requisitions on title for unregistered property, wrote a letter to a client regarding issues with a will she witnessed, conducted a negotiation regarding a Partnership dispute and potential retirement/buyout of one partner, drafted a contract for sale of registered land, calculated capital gains tax on the sale of a restaurant, learned the ins and outs of inheritance tax and began researching for my project.

i think im in love :wub:

(eta: please note this isn’t ‘real’ work yet, just classroom work based on fictitious scenarios. I won’t get the opportunity to deal with actual clients until I either start a placement or join the legal clinic which I can do from January)

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Came here to post that! Been super busy being a student so missed it yesterday. Exciting!

Oh, so you are just going to come here randomly and declare you are a student as an answer to everything? Are you taking men's hockey (twice!) too? :P

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

For a quick...taster, I guess, you could listen to some of the musical numbers (generally there are 2-3 per episode) on YouTube, but be careful because many of them will reveal plot points so act as spoilers

I suggest West Covina for the general introduction, Put Yourself First for the satirical feminist humour and Settle For Me for Santino Fontana. They are all relatively early in season 1, so not that spoilery (although if you have seen the teaser above, you are spoiled pretty well already), and have good choreography and are funny.

And then there is this scene from late in season two, which does not spoil any plot point, but is really funny if you are into that kind of humour.

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Still love my course. Over the last two days, I did a case analysis on a personal injury claim, completed a claims form and particulars of claim for a contract dispute, did requisitions on title for unregistered property, wrote a letter to a client regarding issues with a will she witnessed, conducted a negotiation regarding a Partnership dispute and potential retirement/buyout of one partner, drafted a contract for sale of registered land, calculated capital gains tax on the sale of a restaurant, learned the ins and outs of inheritance tax and began researching for my project.

You are such a Paula! Smart little cookie!

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Not sure which reference to use here: you mean, you can't be held responsible for your actions, or OMG you think you like this course, or is there glitter exploding inside of you? :P

Glad your course is making you happy, of course!

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes. It is incredibly good, there are 3 seasons out already, each either 18 (the first one) or 13 episodes (second and third). Not everybody's thing, but it does have very different types of humour mixed in it, so there might be something for you too.

The supernatural entity, with whom I am in regular contact again, even said that he would be willing to try watching it with me if we see each other again - as opposed to earlier, when he thought of it as a stupid girly thing (yes, even after some music clips). He likes Walter Moers, and CXG has pretty much the same appeal as that to me, so I do hope he at least gives it a try. If we see each other again and are comfortable watching something like that together, of course. :leaving:

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Asha. Her name is Asha Greyjoy.

Her name isn’t important, she is part of a family who started an insignificant rebellion which was crushed, all be it by another rebel who was eventually eliminated too, sorry, I feel strongly about rebellions and rebels.....

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

(eta: please note this isn’t ‘real’ work yet, just classroom work based on fictitious scenarios. I won’t get the opportunity to deal with actual clients until I either start a placement or join the legal clinic which I can do from January)

Good luck!, it sounds like you’re really getting into the swing of things now :D.

Archived