NFL 2018 Week 2 thread: The continuing saga of Josh Gordon

dbunting

3 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

Why do I find enjoyment seeing a big guy running with the ball. and a two  minute fumble rule? This must be one of those quirky rules that don't come up that often.

It's such a dumb rule at the end of the first half.  I think it makes perfect sense at the end of the game, but really no reason for it to be in place in the first half.

6 minutes ago, sperry said:

Took Baker two passes to eclipse Tyrod's yardage total. It had to have been awkward in that facility where everyone knew Mayfield was better than Taylor but they were going through this charade and costing themselves games.

In defense of Tyrod, I lay some of the blame on the kicker.

10 minutes ago, sperry said:

Took Baker two passes to eclipse Tyrod's yardage total. It had to have been awkward in that facility where everyone knew Mayfield was better than Taylor but they were going through this charade and costing themselves games.

I think a better coach would have gotten more out of Tyrod.  The Browns have quite a few potential playmakers that they rarely utilize in any creative ways.  Duke Johnson is one of the best satellite backs in the game, but Hue has apparently forgotten the man exists.  Callaway runs a 4.4 and yet they rarely have him do anything other than deep routes (how about some sweeps or something even remotely creative?).  They've barely used Chubb at all despite using an early second on him as well.

4 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

In defense of Tyrod, I lay some of the blame on the kicker.

He's not the worst player in the league or anything. He's just painfully average and so risk-averse that he pretty much puts a ceiling of about 25 points on your offense.

5 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

This Browns team looks like a different team with Baker Mayfield under center. They look, what's the word?

Competent.

Turns out throwing balls down the field a little bit yields better results than checking down or scrambling on every throw.

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Darnold sucks. 

I think he'll be solid eventually.  I just don't understand why they started him so soon.  He's only 21 and McCown was fine last year.  If any QB needed time (other than Josh Allen, who is a dumpster fire), it's Darnold.  Mayfield was ready and I think Rosen will be too.

Archived