NFL 2018 Week 2 thread: The continuing saga of Josh Gordon

dbunting

25 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

@aceluby, I think tonight is going to be ugly. If the Bills d-line did that to us, what the hell are the Rams going to do to us? 

I have a glimmer of hope that they got so trashed because they were looking ahead to this game.  If the Vikings win the turnover game they can win it.  However, away teams are 0-10 when traveling across timezones on a short week, so really I just hope it's competitive.  It's likely they fall to 1-3-1 for the first 5 games, which is about where I had them in the preseason (I guessed they'd finish 9-7, but didn't expect Chicago to be this competitive so will probably miss the playoffs)

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

I have a glimmer of hope that they got so trashed because they were looking ahead to this game.  If the Vikings win the turnover game they can win it.  However, away teams are 0-10 when traveling across timezones on a short week, so really I just hope it's competitive.  It's likely they fall to 1-3-1 for the first 5 games, which is about where I had them in the preseason (I guessed they'd finish 9-7, but didn't expect Chicago to be this competitive so will probably miss the playoffs)

Vikings are going to win that division. The other 3 teams are not good.

9 minutes ago, sperry said:

It's a golden age of QB play.

I think a big factor in it is that coaches are more willing to embrace concepts from the college game, which puts QBs coming into the NFL in a much better position to succeed.  In the past, a guy would come to the NFL and coaches would just try to shove them into a pro offense whether they fit or not.  

Still plenty of dumb coaches out there, but less than ten years ago.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think a big factor in it is that coaches are more willing to embrace concepts from the college game, which puts QBs coming into the NFL in a much better position to succeed.  In the past, a guy would come to the NFL and coaches would just try to shove them into a pro offense whether they fit or not.  

Still plenty of dumb coaches out there, but less than ten years ago.

Well, the reality is pro offense is just a synonym for bad offense.

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

Is this the first Thursday night Fox game? Do we now have to put up with Joe Buck and stupid Tim Allen commercials going forward? 

Buck and Aikman have been the announcers for every Thursday night game, even though the first couple were only on the NFL network.

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

Buck and Aikman have been the announcers for every Thursday night game, even though the first couple were only on the NFL network.

Oh. I hadn't even noticed.

That was a perfect throw by Goff. I really hope I’m not playing against him in any leagues.

12 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

Never Forget:  If a rookie QB looks like a hopeless bust and you're about to give up on him ask yourself first:  Is Jeff Fisher his coach?  If the answer to that is yes, don't give up yet.

I really wanted the Browns to end up with Goff in that draft, but I have a feeling if they did he would have been written off after one year and, unfortunately for him, he wouldn't have had McVay coming in to help salvage his career with the Browns.  He'd have been stuck with Hue Jackson.

Archived