NFL 2018 Week 2 thread: The continuing saga of Josh Gordon

dbunting

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

What an absolute waste of all that talent. Reminds me of a line from Bull Durham about Tim Robbins character “million dollar arm with a 5 cent head”

Sad part is there were two hugely talented wide receivers from 2012 that were a waste due to issues, Justin Blackmon #5 overall! 

Sounds like they put out that they were cutting him Monday so teams had a chance to contact them about trades.  He'll be a free agent if cut (won't hit waivers), so I'd imagine trading for him at $700K is obviously preferable to trying to sign him in free agency.  

What would anyone trade for him though? I mean, the reports of him "not being himself" at the facility Saturday screams of them wanting to say he was on something but they aren't 100% certain. Dallas could use him desperately but can they really take on another high talent but likely to fail another drug test player?

5 minutes ago, dbunting said:

What would anyone trade for him though? I mean, the reports of him "not being himself" at the facility Saturday screams of them wanting to say he was on something but they aren't 100% certain. Dallas could use him desperately but can they really take on another high talent but likely to fail another drug test player?

Dunno, but a fifth is still better than nothing I guess.

Archived